Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article: The JFK Assassination wiki project
You can view the page at https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/con...ki-project
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Peter Presland Wrote:You can view the page at https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/con...ki-project

Please use this forum thread for questions, discussion and suggestion about the project.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
The following was sent by bulk email to DPF members who have contributed to the JFK Assassination forum today:

Quote:We are at an advanced stage of developing wiki facilities for special-interest DPF users. Its initial focus is on the JFK assassination. It features a unique crowd-sourcing/editing timeline facility which can be viewed here:
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/JFK_Assassination_Timeline

A DPF article explaining the initiative, with linked discussion thread is located here:
https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/con...ki-project

Because of apparent hostility to anything but the official version of events on Wikipedia, an alternative public resource is needed. This Wiki and time line will be publicly available to view but editorially accessible only to experienced and knowledgeable researchers to collectively build this important body of work and disseminate information effectively suppressed by both Wikipedia and the MSM generally

As a DPF user who we believe is interested in JFK assassination research we intend to register you as a Wikispooks user so that you will have editing access to the wiki and timeline.

In course of the next few days you should receive an email from domain 'wikispooks.com' with the subject line 'Account creation for WikiSpooks'. It will advise you of your user name (should be same as DPF) and password, with a link to log in and change the password.

If wiki editing is new or unfamiliar to you a sand box facility is available to practice with at this link:
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/WikiSpooks:Sandbox

If you know of other researchers who would be interested to participate in either of these projects please feel free to tell them about it. Registration at the DPF is required but no one is required to make posts or participate on the forum. This is just an administrative and technical requirement.

If you do not wish to take part in this initiative please let me know asap.

In any event, no Wikispooks user account will be created unless you log in using the link provided in the email.

If you would like to be included in this initiative and have not received the above email yet (some addresses are missing from DPF records and others are out of date), then either reply to this post or simply create an account on Wikispooks yourself at: https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Special:RequestAccount
Peter Presland

Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Thanks, Peter, for these pointers to what may well become an important contribution in our efforts to keep truth alive about JFK's assassination. I'd like to suggest an immediate project.

On the pitiful Wikipedia "Assassination of John F. Kennedy" page, at the end of the second paragraph, just before the "Contents" list, is a link to "numerous conspiracy theories" that points to a MUCH better presentation of current research about the Kennedy assassination. Perhaps we could start a DPF wiki campaign to compel a Wikipedia disambiguation notice atop the "Assassination of John F. Kennedy" page aimed at success before the 50th anniversary next month. The disambiguation note might read something like this:

Below is an article about the Kennedy Assassination that closely corresponds to the U.S. Government's version of events. To see information mostly hidden by the U.S. Government, click here...

...which would link to Wikipedia's current "John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories" page. The terminology is infuriating, yet the link could still make a big difference, and help us make a roaring start on DPF's new wiki project. Just a thought...

Jim
wikispooks.com currently is not working.

Jim
We will definitely be placing a link to the new JFK wiki on the Wikipedia JFK assassination entry. Which as you say Jim is pretty pitiful. Actually, we will be placing several links in several places. Suggestions welcome.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Jim Hargrove Wrote:wikispooks.com currently is not working.

Jim
It's working for me? Might just be a cookie issue?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Jim Hargrove Wrote:Thanks, Peter, for these pointers to what may well become an important contribution in our efforts to keep truth alive about JFK's assassination. I'd like to suggest an immediate project.

On the pitiful Wikipedia "Assassination of John F. Kennedy" page, at the end of the second paragraph, just before the "Contents" list, is a link to "numerous conspiracy theories" that points to a MUCH better presentation of current research about the Kennedy assassination. Perhaps we could start a DPF wiki campaign to compel a Wikipedia disambiguation notice atop the "Assassination of John F. Kennedy" page aimed at success before the 50th anniversary next month. The disambiguation note might read something like this:
Below is an article about the Kennedy Assassination that closely corresponds to the U.S. Government's version of events. To see information mostly hidden by the U.S. Government, click here...

...which would link to Wikipedia's current "John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories" page. The terminology is infuriating, yet the link could still make a big difference, and help us make a roaring start on DPF's new wiki project. Just a thought...

Jim
Thanks for that Jim. From my own Wikipedia editing experience (which finally resulted in Wikispooks) I doubt that will work. Wikipedia have quite deliberately compartmentalized the non-mainstream stuff on pretty much everything into their 'Alternative views' project - see here . Established policy seems to be to limit main pages to obscure links to that section and any change will involve a big struggle.

I am away for a few days, but next week I will import that 'conspiracy theories' page into Wikispooks and do a bit of obviously required editing. It could then become the basis of much additional work by DPF members making it much more relevant and accurate.
Peter Presland

Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
I have put up a stub of the Wikipedia page referred to by Jim above. It is only an introduction at present but I will import the rest following suitable edits, sometime next week. It will also need appropriate links to both the timeline and no doubt various DPF discussion threads too.

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/The_Assassin..._F_Kennedy

In the meantime anyone else is welcome to get stuck in. The red text indicates pages that do not (yet) exist on the site. Clicking them will open a blank creation page. Alternatively they can be replaced with references or links to an external site - or simply left as is.
Peter Presland Wrote:
Jim Hargrove Wrote:Thanks, Peter, for these pointers to what may well become an important contribution in our efforts to keep truth alive about JFK's assassination. I'd like to suggest an immediate project.

Jim
Thanks for that Jim. From my own Wikipedia editing experience (which finally resulted in Wikispooks) I doubt that will work. Wikipedia have quite deliberately compartmentalized the non-mainstream stuff on pretty much everything into their 'Alternative views' project - see here . Established policy seems to be to limit main pages to obscure links to that section and any change will involve a big struggle.

I am away for a few days, but next week I will import that 'conspiracy theories' page into Wikispooks and do a bit of obviously required editing. It could then become the basis of much additional work by DPF members making it much more relevant and accurate.

You're probably right, Peter, but who among us has enough talent, energy and free time to initiate yet another quixotic attempt to speak truth to power with sufficient volume and clarity to change anything? And yet with your help, and the efficiency of open wiki code, we might yet give the powers that be a run for their money!

Seeding an edited version of Wikipedia's "JFK assassination conspiracy theories" page (geez, could they possibly be more insulting?) should be a great start. I'll try to contribute to it, and I'll try to get John Armstrong involved too. What have we got to lose that we haven't already lost? Thanks again!

Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,038 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,698 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,801 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 3,927 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,572 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 28,832 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK's Assassination Lauren Johnson 1 2,764 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Another Provocative Article By Milicent Cranor Jim DiEugenio 0 2,298 26-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Key To a Successful Assassination is Control of Communications..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,247 21-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 6,015 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser