Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assassination network chart?
Hi all,

I'm nowhere near the league of you chaps but have a a long standing interest in the Coup D'etat (as everyone should) and probably know more than the average man on the street. Love the forum and have read much of your work. Many thanks to you all and please keep it up!

Anyway, I work in the financial crime industry. One of the things we do in order to help detect crime is use software that pulls data into a dynamic visual network chart to show how entities within criminal networks are linked; law enforcement obviously use such tools as well. So, I was wondering whether anybody has used such software to try to put a network together with all of the relevant players from the assassination; I thought this would be a really useful resource to help visualise how all of the dots connect (no small task). I have searched online but couldn't find anything. Has anyone undertaken such a task?

Al
Allan Peak Wrote:Hi all,

I'm nowhere near the league of you chaps but have a a long standing interest in the Coup D'etat (as everyone should) and probably know more than the average man on the street. Love the forum and have read much of your work. Many thanks to you all and please keep it up!

Anyway, I work in the financial crime industry. One of the things we do in order to help detect crime is use software that pulls data into a dynamic visual network chart to show how entities within criminal networks are linked; law enforcement obviously use such tools as well. So, I was wondering whether anybody has used such software to try to put a network together with all of the relevant players from the assassination; I thought this would be a really useful resource to help visualise how all of the dots connect (no small task). I have searched online but couldn't find anything. Has anyone undertaken such a task?

Al

I've tried a little, but haven't found easy to use software...can you suggest some?....both freeware [if such exists] and costs-a-lot-ware. What I'm working on would have to be able to draw 'affinity/connection' diagrams, be able to switch central object with mouse click on new person or grouping - AND be able to have a database with detailed information on each object/person. I'd personally prefer something that worked in Linux, but could live with a Windoz-based program.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter,

The most commonly used software over here is I2 Analyst's Notebook (now owned by IBM). It usually interfaces with the user's system and takes a data feed but you can dump data in from Excel (anyone have comprehensive assassination data in structured Excel format?)and you can also manually add/amend entities. It's not cheap; a few thousand £s for one standalone licence I believe. Another commonly used system is Detica's Netreveal product which will also be expensive I think. I'm unsure if there any freebies out there but I doubt it; if there are they are likely to be fairly basic. A much cheaper option might be MS Visio but that would be quite labour intensive as you would need to manually add and link together every individual entity.

Al

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 1,976 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,649 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,735 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 3,871 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,515 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 28,544 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK's Assassination Lauren Johnson 1 2,735 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The Key To a Successful Assassination is Control of Communications..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,232 21-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 5,984 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Michele Metta's CMC. THE ITALIAN UNDERCOVER CIA AND MOSSAD STATION AND THE ASSASSINATION OF JFK Anthony Thorne 30 22,637 26-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde