Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This has to be unprecedented, don't recall anything like it
I am working on an article for Bob Parry's Consortium which will be published this week on both the state of the evidence and JFK's foreign policy, what we know today.

So to save time from sitting down to eat I drove two blocks to a convenience store to pick up a snack.

I couldn't believe it. Every newspaper in the rack had a JFK story, or his picture looking back at you! I mean on the front page! Even the conservative Orange County Register had a special section inside featuring a six part series on his presidency. I am talking a whole section of the paper to a guy who has been dead for 50 years!

But then when I went over to check out at the register, I was stunned again. Above eye level, over the attendant's shoulder, impossible to miss, was a USA Today special tabloid on JFK for sale! I mean that is called product placement. Its a strategic location. USA Today paid big money for that.

So between TV, and the press, this has been the biggest orgy of media on a historical event I can ever remember in my lifetime. Nothing even comes close. I cannot even watch TV right now because of the incessant punditry on the man or his murder. This makes the 30th and the 40th anniversaries look kind of normal.

REPEAT: I DO NOT EVER RECALL ANYTHING LIKE THIS FOR AN HISTORICAL EVENT!! DOES ANYONE ELSE?

The massive Jungian collective fissure that this mindless media orgy has summoned reveals that the denial about Kennedy's presidency and murder is even more gigantic than I myself even thought. What an incredibly dysfunctional country it reveals America to be. The only comparison I can think of, and its not anywhere near exact, is the German tendency to try and forget the Nazis. But the strain of that comparison shows how exceptional and unique this crazy extravaganza has been.

And also how bad the dying MSM has become. Its like this was their last dance. Does anyone remember one good show so far that educated the public about the discoveries of the ARRB? Or except for "A President Betrayed" on a very limited Direct TV feed, educated us on the extreme obstacles we now know Kennedy was facing in getting his policies fulfilled? I sure don't.

A dying MSM in its death rattle refuses to admit that 1.) It is dying, and 2.) Why that is so.

You have to weep for this country. Fifty years later and it cannot come close to admitting the truth.
Sometimes the strategy is throw baby with bathwater.

For the 50th it seems the strategy is "add an amazon of bathwater" and nobody will even see the baby"

What has struck me it the sheer varieties of propaganda themes. Some are not Conspiracy, but unusual truth about of, po. but lies about do po, Others mix up these combinations in such a bizarre way. IMO Sabato is the major howitzer they are using for the 50th. He is SOOOOO bad that it almost makes it a BAD THING that he sheepishly admits there was a conspiracy.

Sabato MUST be dealt with (in a democratic Enlightenment sort of way) FAST! He was bull shitting all over the networks this morning. His course and media exposure seems like it was an operation in the works for a very long time. I hope CTKA and or others have someone working on this. I only have time to post 24/7 and try to keep my family and job. Try. If the Sabato article is done soon I will get it 8 billion views plus load with with judo links.
I posted in another thread that the coverage is starting to show an unusual fervor to re-affirm the official story almost in original Warren Commission form. I don't remember anything like this on the 40th anniversary.
Time for those who know better to lay down some cookie crumbs for Hansel and Gretel.

If you crumb them they will come. Or we can just keep writing petitions that will MAYBE be seen by two eyes max.
Jim, this deluge of print, tv and radio coverage proves without a doubt that not only are the American People NEVER going to accept anything but the conspiracy fact, but it will also keep the topic forefront in the American psyche for decades to come ~ until the truth is told!

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:I am working on an article for Bob Parry's Consortium which will be published this week on both the state of the evidence and JFK's foreign policy, what we know today.

So to save time from sitting down to eat I drove two blocks to a convenience store to pick up a snack.

I couldn't believe it. Every newspaper in the rack had a JFK story, or his picture looking back at you! I mean on the front page! Even the conservative Orange County Register had a special section inside featuring a six part series on his presidency. I am talking a whole section of the paper to a guy who has been dead for 50 years!

But then when I went over to check out at the register, I was stunned again. Above eye level, over the attendant's shoulder, impossible to miss, was a USA Today special tabloid on JFK for sale! I mean that is called product placement. Its a strategic location. USA Today paid big money for that.

So between TV, and the press, this has been the biggest orgy of media on a historical event I can ever remember in my lifetime. Nothing even comes close. I cannot even watch TV right now because of the incessant punditry on the man or his murder. This makes the 30th and the 40th anniversaries look kind of normal.

REPEAT: I DO NOT EVER RECALL ANYTHING LIKE THIS FOR AN HISTORICAL EVENT!! DOES ANYONE ELSE?

The massive Jungian collective fissure that this mindless media orgy has summoned reveals that the denial about Kennedy's presidency and murder is even more gigantic than I myself even thought. What an incredibly dysfunctional country it reveals America to be. The only comparison I can think of, and its not anywhere near exact, is the German tendency to try and forget the Nazis. But the strain of that comparison shows how exceptional and unique this crazy extravaganza has been.

And also how bad the dying MSM has become. Its like this was their last dance. Does anyone remember one good show so far that educated the public about the discoveries of the ARRB? Or except for "A President Betrayed" on a very limited Direct TV feed, educated us on the extreme obstacles we now know Kennedy was facing in getting his policies fulfilled? I sure don't.

A dying MSM in its death rattle refuses to admit that 1.) It is dying, and 2.) Why that is so.

You have to weep for this country. Fifty years later and it cannot come close to admitting the truth.
Jim, this deluge of print, tv and radio coverage proves without a doubt that not only are the American People NEVER going to accept anything but the conspiracy fact, but it will also keep the topic forefront in the American psyche for decades to come ~ until the truth is told!

I have to agree with that.

I mean, we have been getting outgunned about 3-1 according to Pat Speer.

If the public can withstand this barrage, then they will never accept the WC BS. I mean, clearly, a lot of this was planned in advance, like Sabato. And they still cannot make it work.
The senior cover-up people are starting to get old. They figure this is their last chance at holding the party line. As the second Bush term shows never underestimate Americans' ability to back the status quo.
Hello, I just joined DPF a few days ago.

I live in Melbourne, Australia, and wanted to add my bit to this thread by saying; it's the same here. I've been reading, online and in books, about the assassination for five years or so now, and have barely seen anything in the local media about JFK or the assassination in that time.

Until a few weeks ago. In the last few weeks there's been extensive coverage here. SBS, a local TV channel, is running a "JFK Season" throughout November which includes, on Sunday nights, "The Smoking Gun", "Jackie without Jack" and still to come "JFK: A Homecoming" (about his trip to Ireland) and "One PM Central Standard Time", which looks to be about the interview with Walter Cronkite in September.

On Tuesday nights they're running the JFK Biography that was discussed in another thread here.

I've also seen numerous articles in the local press. In today's Melbourne Age, for instance, there are two multi-page spreads: one about JFK and television (how much the camera "loved" him and how cleverly he used it; how the weekend of the assassination changed television for ever etc); the other called "Reading JFK". It has a list of recent books on JFK and the assassination. I only skimmed it, but there was no mention of the books by Jim Di Eugenio, Joseph McBride or any other researchers who've brought out new or updated books recently.

And in the freebie paper they give away to commuters at railway stations, a charming little piece titled "JFK went out with a bang", relating how he and Jackie had sex for the last time on the flight to Houston.

I don't think they even do it on purpose here: they just blithely nick all the stories from American sources without even knowing that there's a lot more to it than those American sources are ever going to admit.
Yesterday's CBS Sunday morning program was entirely about the JFK presidency.

Some nice bits of information here and there. But when they covered the assassination they trotted out two "experts": Oliver Stone and Vincent Bugliosi.

Stone's interview was framed with the question: "Do you see conspiracy in everything?" Translation: You are a paranoid kook.

Meanwhile, Bugliosi is permitted to claim that there is no doubt, none, nada, that Oswald killed JFK and acted alone. No challenging questions, nothing.

Disgusting.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:The massive Jungian collective fissure that this mindless media orgy has summoned reveals that the denial about Kennedy's presidency and murder is even more gigantic than I myself even thought. What an incredibly dysfunctional country it reveals America to be. The only comparison I can think of, and its not anywhere near exact, is the German tendency to try and forget the Nazis. But the strain of that comparison shows how exceptional and unique this crazy extravaganza has been.

It's closer to the way the Japanese still won't admit to the raping and looting of China, Korea, the Philippines, etc in the 30s and 40s.