Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zapata Stocks
Just wondering if anyone could tell me if these stocks may hold any vaule? They were given to me by an executive that worked for Bush. Thanks!

Scott

Attached Files
.jpg   Zapata stock 1.JPG (Size: 2.05 MB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg   Zapata stock 2.JPG (Size: 2.05 MB / Downloads: 14)
.jpg   Zapata stock 3.JPG (Size: 2.33 MB / Downloads: 11)
Scott Kaiser Wrote:Just wondering if anyone could tell me if these stocks may hold any value? They were given to me by an executive that worked for Bush. Thanks!

Scott

I'm no expert on their worth....as far as I know that [CIA shell] company doesn't exist in that form anymore....however, as collectables, they sure should have value!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:Just wondering if anyone could tell me if these stocks may hold any value? They were given to me by an executive that worked for Bush. Thanks!

Scott

I'm no expert on their worth....as far as I know that [CIA shell] company doesn't exist in that form anymore....however, as collectables, they sure should have value!

Yeah, I was checking Scott Trade, but I couldn't find this company in existence, hopefully, as collectables they would be worth something to someone now or in the near future. They may even go up in price once Bush kicks the bucket.
Scott Kaiser Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

Scott

Yeah, I was checking Scott Trade, but I couldn't find this company in existence, hopefully, as collectables they would be worth something to someone now or in the near future. They may even go up in price once Bush kicks the bucket.

No, there is no doubt the company under that name long ago ceased to exist, but sometimes stocks can retain value as the company is merged or sold, etc. However, with so few shares, I'm sure the collector value would be much higher! Get GHWB to autograph them and they'd be worth a small fortune......
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

Scott

No, there is no doubt the company under that name long ago ceased to exist, but sometimes stocks can retain value as the company is merged or sold, etc. However, with so few shares, I'm sure the collector value would be much higher! Get GHWB to autograph them and they'd be worth a small fortune......

"Get GHWB to autograph them and they'd be worth a small fortune"...... His signature is on one of them, it would be nice to have his signature on all three. Bush does live two and a half hours from me, I'm not so sure how he would feel if I just showed up at his doorstep asking him to sign the other two.
I would suggest you contact a stock broker. Zapata had several subsidiaries some of which were merged with Pennzoil. Zapata as a holding company became Harbinger at some point. At any rate, talk to a brokerage firm…its free.
Scott Kaiser Wrote:Bush does live two and a half hours from me, I'm not so sure how he would feel if I just showed up at his doorstep asking him to sign the other two.

Son of the man that killed Baby Doc, and son of the 6th Watergate burglar shows up on his doorstep unannounced? He'll probably ask for your autograph.
Drew Phipps Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:Bush does live two and a half hours from me, I'm not so sure how he would feel if I just showed up at his doorstep asking him to sign the other two.

Son of the man that killed Baby Doc, and son of the 6th Watergate burglar shows up on his doorstep unannounced? He'll probably ask for your autograph.

Not Baby, Papa. And, thanks for the compliment, you made my day! Smile
Scott Kaiser Wrote:
Drew Phipps Wrote:

Not Baby, Papa. And, thanks for the compliment, you made my day! Smile

This Bush signature on one of them...it is his actual [by hand with a pen] signature, or a printed one?! - would make a big difference in value to a collector. I don't know your circle of friends or relationship with the Bushes, but if you can find someone on his good side [even yourself] to sign them and not keep them [watch out...he may want them!]..it may solve your immediate financial needs. I'm sure real signatures could fetch a heap on those stock bonds!....given GHWB's 'history'. Yes, when he dies, they'd be worth even more - either way. Yes, for free you can contact a stock broker to find out if they have any usual stock worth - but I really doubt that is any it is more than a few hundred $$ - but could be wrong if the stocks split several times. However, as collectibles sold on eBay properly or through a seller of such things [but they'd take up to 25-50% (careful!)] they should bring a pretty penny - as they are historic and they are rare. They are also not the usual stock...due to the CIA connections and the fact that Bush did what Bush did with his life.....

Here is what happened with the mergers, apparently...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbinger_Group
Drew Phipps Wrote:

::rockon:: Cheers
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.