Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Snowden’s Comments On 9/11 That NBC Didn’t Broadcast
Read Snowden's Comments On 9/11 That NBC Didn't Broadcast

By RT

May 31 2014 "ICH" - "RT" - Only around a quarter of the recent NBC News interview with former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden made it to broadcast, but unaired excerpts now online show that the network neglected to air critical statements about the 9/11 terrorist attacks. When the four-hour sit-down between journalist Brian Williams and Snowden made it to air on Wednesday night, NBC condensed roughly four hours of conversation into a 60-minute time slot. During an analysis of the full interview afterwards, however, the network showed portions of the interview that didn't make it into the primetime broadcast, including remarks from the former National Security Agency contractor in which he questioned the American intelligence community's inability to stop the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
In response to a question from Williams concerning a "non-traditional enemy," Al-Qaeda, and how to prevent further attacks from that organization and others, Snowden suggested that United States had the proper intelligence ahead of 9/11 but failed to act.
"You know, and this is a key question that the 9/11 Commission considered. And what they found, in the post-mortem, when they looked at all of the classified intelligence from all of the different intelligence agencies, they found that we had all of the information we needed as an intelligence community, as a classified sector, as the national defense of the United States to detect this plot," Snowden said. "We actually had records of the phone calls from the United States and out. The CIA knew who these guys were. The problem was not that we weren't collecting information, it wasn't that we didn't have enough dots, it wasn't that we didn't have a haystack, it was that we did not understand the haystack that we have."
"The problem with mass surveillance is that we're piling more hay on a haystack we already don't understand, and this is the haystack of the human lives of every American citizen in our country," Snowden continued. "If these programs aren't keeping us safe, and they're making us miss connections vital connections on information we already have, if we're taking resources away from traditional methods of investigation, from law enforcement operations that we know work, if we're missing things like the Boston Marathon bombings where all of these mass surveillance systems, every domestic dragnet in the world didn't reveal guys that the Russian intelligence service told us about by name, is that really the best way to protect our country? Or are we are we trying to throw money at a magic solution that's actually not just costing us our safety, but our rights and our way of life?
Indeed, the director of the NSA during Snowden's stint there, Gen. Keith Alexander, reportedly endorsed a method of intelligence gathering in which the agency would collect quite literally all the digital information it was capable of.
"Rather than look for a single needle in the haystack, his approach was, Let's collect the whole haystack,'" one former senior US intelligence official recently told the Washington Post. "Collect it all, tag it, store it. . . .And whatever it is you want, you go searching for it."
In recent weeks, a leaked NSA document has affirmed that under the helm of Alexander, the agency was told it should do as much as possible with the information it gathers: "sniff it all, know it all, collect it all, process it all and exploit it all," according to the slide.
"They're making themselves dysfunctional by collecting all of this data," Bill Binney, a former NSA employee-turned-whistleblower himself, told the Daily Caller last year. Like Snowden, Binney has also argued that the NSA's "collect it all" condition with regards to intelligence gathering is deeply flawed.
"They've got so much collection capability but they can't do everything. They're probably getting something on the order of 80 percent of what goes up on the network. So they're going into the telecoms who have recorded all of the material that has gone across the network. And the telecoms keep a record of it for I think about a year. They're asking the telecoms for all the data so they can fill in the gaps. So between the two sources of what they've collected, they get the whole picture," Binney said.
Although NBC neglected to play Mr. Snowden's remarks to Williams in which he questioned the efficiency of modern intelligence gathering under the guise of being a counterterrorism tool, it did air on television other remarks from the former contractor concerning the terrorist attacks.
"It's really disingenuous for the government to invoke and sort of scandalize our memories to sort of exploit the national trauma that we all suffered together and worked so hard to come through to justify programs that have never been shown to keep us safe, but cost us liberties and freedoms that we don't need to give up and our Constitution says we don't need to give up," he said in an excerpt broadcast on air.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info...e38656.htm
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Snowden doesn't seem [from those statements] to be fully 'up on' 9-11...but I'll forgive him that, given from where he 'started'. It was, however, IMO, a plot within a plot....and he is addressing the 'inner' plot having not being recognized or stopped [I believe on purpose to allow the outer major plot to proceed - and the outer needing the inner plot as the patsies and the excuse for what happened]. All that said, his general analysis and conclusions are still valid.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I personally found Snowden's remark about how 9/11 patriotically motivated him to "join the Army" and get involved in intelligence work to be non-credible and disingenuous. It would have been more believable if he'd said he joined up to expose the truth about 9/11, but it doesn't appear that he has any interest in the subject matter at all, in that none of the material leaked so far has anything at all to do with 9/11. He looks more like a "dangle" than a "whistleblower" at this point.
Drew Phipps Wrote:I personally found Snowden's remark about how 9/11 patriotically motivated him to "join the Army" and get involved in intelligence work to be non-credible and disingenuous. It would have been more believable if he'd said he joined up to expose the truth about 9/11, but it doesn't appear that he has any interest in the subject matter at all, in that none of the material leaked so far has anything at all to do with 9/11. He looks more like a "dangle" than a "whistleblower" at this point.

I think it is still too early to tell what he is and what exactly are his full motivations. I know many others share your view [more likely a dangle than a whistleblower], and it could be and doesn't offend me....but I do find it strange that IF a dangle, the NSA et al. would risk putting out so MUCH documented information to gather a few tidbits and scare everyone a bit more. Personally, barring further information, I'm inclined to take him mostly as he has presented himself...starting out on the right and [in the classic way] 'patriotic' [buying into American exceptionalism and American religion] - but having had some kind of innate moral compass that told him that something was amiss and he was spying on everyone about everything - and not just the supposed 'bad guys' that meant America harm. If so, he may not have had time or exposure to those things that would lead him to question the official narrative of 9-11 or other deep political events...and he may yet...as now he has the time. I'm a bit more suspicious of the new venture formed to bring to the public his documents...but even there, while I have some reservations about Greenwald, I also think at heart he wants the truth out and is NOT on the side of the NSA and National Security Establishment - however, he perhaps [as are the others] being used and manipulated - albeit less so than 'normal' journalists. On all of these evaluations, time will tell.....I keep an open mind, but this is how I see it at this time. Not everyone is 'all enlightened' all at once. Many can fall prey to manipulation, without meaning to or having evil intent. Wikileaks outed the country X that Greewald and company wouldn't name [at the request of the NSE], yet many said Wikileaks was also a modified limited hangout...and so it goes....wheels within wheels within wheels....( I guess one could say that Wikileaks, here, is making the Greenwald dangle/hangout more believable).... or maybe we are all mortal and have, at any given point in time, a limited perception of the Absolute & Noble Truth. [only known to me!Big Grin]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
In the past such a scandal as Snowden would provoke a response with results. Now nothing happens and the violators continue violating with no punishment. Even worse, the violators are allowed to call for Snowden's head with the moronic majority consenting. America is a farce where there is no public to be violated, just the authorities telling them what to think. America points a finger at Putin while forcing a pro-American government in Afghanistan against the people's wishes.
Here's my take on the hour-long segment I saw: He's a very intelligent, articulate young man, but he still sees himself as a loyal patriot, the NSA is still a pretty good agency with mostly good people, he doesn't question the official story of 9/11 very much, and he'd really like to go back to work tomorrow.

I admire what he's doing, but he's not a radical questioning the morality of the entire system. He just wants to reform it.
There have been any number of "whistleblowers" that said their piece and then stayed to bear the personal consequences of their service to their country. Some of them on this same issue. That's a patriot.

He claims he wanted to join the Army, defend the Constitution, and/or take a bullet for his country, but we can see, from his flight to avoid the consequences, that's not really the case. It's apparent to me that Snowden doesn't have the courage of his alleged "convictions," and as such, is entirely unworthy to be called a "patriot". It sullies the names and memories of the million Americans that have died in service to our country to mention that term in connection with his name. (I have no specific opinion about whether what he has done constitutes "treason.")

Neither does he qualify as a "whistleblower" in that he failed to bring his specific concerns up the chain of command, nor resign his position in protest. There are many folks who contribute to this website that, daily, show more of the courage of their convictions than Snowden can muster.
And if Snowden didn't come forward then what?

I don't know Drew. What hope is there for honest review in a country where the change president pardons war criminals and Constitution betrayers?

I think Snowden is every bit the hero and patriot he obviously is.
There is much less hope if people don't have the courage of their convictions.
I do not suggest this publication is unbiased, nor do I suggest that "body language experts" have any scientific validity; nevertheless, much of the communicating we do is non-verbal. Body language seems to be to be at least as subjective as Rorschach tests, if not more so, in that the observers' own thoughts and feelings can be projected onto the actor. In any event, here's select parts of the article and a link. A similar story appeared in other publications, suggesting it's part of a media campaign:

From Business Insider:

"Before Edward Snowden's interview with NBC's Brian Williams, body-language expert Dr. Nick Morgan considered Snowden a young guy who got a hold of a bunch of classified documents and was just telling his story about exposing intrusive American surveillance.
"I came away [from the NBC interview] with a very different impression," Morgan, a top U.S. communication theorist and best-selling author, told Business Insider. "As a body-language expert, I'd say this is a disingenuous performance, which surprised me."
A particularly telling moment came when Brian Williams asked Snowden, "What is your relationship with the host government?" Morgan, who didn't previously know that Snowden's Moscow lawyer is a Putin loyalist linked to the FSB, was struck by Snowden's lack of eye contact and the slowing of his voice as he denied having any relationship with the Kremlin.
"He was obviously lying," Morgan said.
The result is that Dr. Morgan, who sympathized with Snowden over the past year, now believes that Snowden is hiding something.
"I wouldn't trust anything the man said," Morgan told Business Insider. "There is something else going on here." "

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/body-lang...z33REfveE5

I'm sure we'll be hearing from the "micro-expression" experts in due course.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controlled Demolition expert comments on WTC collapse Lauren Johnson 5 5,130 07-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  Amazing And Good News!...If Little Read! Peter Lemkin 8 6,112 08-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett