Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Twitter exchange
I meant to write about this sooner. I had an interesting exchange on Twitter with a former British Minister about the JFK case.

Tony McNulty was a Minister in the Labour Government until 2010. The last post that I am aware of him holding was Police Minister.

He tweeted that he had read an article on LBJ, and commented that it was lazy journalism for the author to consider LBJ as synonymous with corruption. He said he considered himself a scholar of LBJ. I interjected that there were those that considered him implicated with a lot of things, including the death of JFK. He replied that it was ludicrous to consider that LBJ had anything to do with JFK's death. Whilst I respect those who express doubt that LBJ was involved, I think it's a bit strong to call that position "ludicrous".

I asked him who he thought had done the deed. I said I thought that the CIA had done it. His reply was interesting. LHO alone, he said, "at a push" including anti-Castro Cubans.

McNulty lost his seat in Parliament in 2010. I am assuming that he intends to run again next year, and you'd think he'd be after a Cabinet post again.

If McNulty is as widely read as he claims to be, then I find his LHO Lone Nut stance odd; until you consider his political ambitions and past.
Martin White Wrote:If McNulty is as widely read as he claims to be, then I find his LHO Lone Nut stance odd; until you consider his political ambitions and past.
Maybe he is not that well read on this subject? Maybe he just thinks he is because he read Bugliosi and Posner. He doesn't sound like he is well read. Not even about just LBJ who was obviously corrupt by any measure. Not sure he could say he wasn't with a straight face. His ambitions would account for him and any one ambitious like him to not want to be classed as a 'conspiracy theorist'. The lone nut theory is the only socially acceptable one to hold if you want a public profile and position.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Martin White Wrote:I meant to write about this sooner. I had an interesting exchange on Twitter with a former British Minister about the JFK case.

Tony McNulty was a Minister in the Labour Government until 2010. The last post that I am aware of him holding was Police Minister.

He tweeted that he had read an article on LBJ, and commented that it was lazy journalism for the author to consider LBJ as synonymous with corruption. He said he considered himself a scholar of LBJ. I interjected that there were those that considered him implicated with a lot of things, including the death of JFK. He replied that it was ludicrous to consider that LBJ had anything to do with JFK's death. Whilst I respect those who express doubt that LBJ was involved, I think it's a bit strong to call that position "ludicrous".

I asked him who he thought had done the deed. I said I thought that the CIA had done it. His reply was interesting. LHO alone, he said, "at a push" including anti-Castro Cubans.

McNulty lost his seat in Parliament in 2010. I am assuming that he intends to run again next year, and you'd think he'd be after a Cabinet post again.

If McNulty is as widely read as he claims to be, then I find his LHO Lone Nut stance odd; until you consider his political ambitions and past.

Martin, ignore everything McNulty says as he as proven hypocrite. Whilst he was Minister in the Labour Government he targetted poor people over benefit fraud, and yet he himself was found guilty of fiddling his Parliamentary expenses. There is no chance of his getting elected back into Government.
Ray Mitcham Wrote:Martin, ignore everything McNulty says as he as proven hypocrite. Whilst he was Minister in the Labour Government he targetted poor people over benefit fraud, and yet he himself was found guilty of fiddling his Parliamentary expenses. There is no chance of his getting elected back into Government.

Gee I hope you re right Ray. Sounds likea typical self serving corrupt hypocrite.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
At least he was willing to engage you in a dialog about a controversial subject. If you still can, ask him what evidence he finds most convincing.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Drew Phipps Wrote:At least he was willing to engage you in a dialog about a controversial subject. If you still can, ask him what evidence he finds most convincing.

I have found it to be a waste of time to engage with LNs. I work with an atty all the time on CPS cases and several years ago while having lunch with him and another attorney who had actually read JFKU at my suggestion, she brought up the subject. No matter what I said to this guy he came back with the stock government response. People like this will NOT read true research on the subject. They do not want to know. Especially lawyers. I have had the conversation all the years -28- I have been in practice. To no avail but for a couple of times.
Dawn
Drew Phipps Wrote:At least he was willing to engage you in a dialog about a controversial subject. If you still can, ask him what evidence he finds most convincing.

Ray might well be right about him being a hypocrite, but I have had several exchanges with him (McNulty) on Twitter in the past where I have taken him to task for things his party did when they were in power and have found him the most engaging MP or ex-MP so far.

Drew - I might just ask him and see if I get him to engage again.
Johnson wanted to do a lot of seat shuffling the day before the assassination for somebody who had no pre-knowledge.
Albert Doyle Wrote:Johnson wanted to do a lot of seat shuffling the day before the assassination for somebody who had no pre-knowledge.

As I recall, Johnson was forced to ride with his rival Yarborough, though he tried to have his pal Connally ride with him and rival Yarborough with JFK. 2 birds with 1 stone?
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
You don't have to think that LBJ was involved in JFK's death to recognize that he was very corrupt, and his entire career was built on cronyism and back-room deals.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An interesting sidebar to President Johnson's Vietnam War Tom Bowden 5 9,118 17-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  JFK Foreign Policy (on Twitter, at least) Mark Russo 2 3,767 18-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Interesting new photos and photo analysis of the Plaza Peter Lemkin 0 3,733 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Interesting Thread at ROKC re: Oswald's Bus Transfer Bob Prudhomme 6 4,756 10-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Interview with Malcolm Blunt by Alan Dale - Very Interesting Materials Covered! Peter Lemkin 3 5,525 19-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  Gun nuts in Dealey Plaza - Interesting Salon.com article Richard Coleman 1 2,215 29-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Interesting tidbit from Oswald's 201 file Drew Phipps 10 6,938 14-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Interesting Oswald Rifle issue Anthony DeFiore 5 4,948 20-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Anthony DeFiore
  Interesting Analysis - Though Not In Conformity With All Of The Facts, IMO Peter Lemkin 0 2,009 18-11-2013, 10:11 AM
  Interesting little tidbit I'd not heard before......LBJ quick to control the Media! Peter Lemkin 0 1,885 18-11-2013, 09:21 AM