Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whether Suicide or Suicided - Interesting!
Acting Freddie Mac CFO found dead
April 22, 2009 - 1:18pm

The home of David Kellermann, acting chief financial officer of mortgage giant Freddie Mac, is seen in Vienna, Va., Wednesday, April 22, 2009, after he was found dead at his home Wednesday morning in what police said was an apparent suicide. (AP Photo\Luis M. Alvarez)
VIENNA, Va. -- David Kellermann, acting chief financial officer of Freddie Mac, was found dead in his Hunter Mill Estates home Wednesday morning in what police say was an apparent suicide.

Fairfax County Police spokeswoman Mary Anne Jennings tells WTOP police responded to the Kellermann home after family members dialed 911 at 4:48 a.m.

Sources tell WTOP Kellermann hanged himself.

"We were called from inside the house to come investigate an apparent suicide," Jennings says.

"We're not going to give you details of the condition of the body, except to say it was an apparent suicide."

A medical examiner will determine the cause of death.

Police on the scene tell WTOP Kellermann's body was found on the home's lower level.

The Kellermann home sits on the corner of Raleigh Hill Road and Brittenford Drive in picturesque Hunter Mill Estates, a neighborhood of single-family homes outside of Vienna, just over the border from Reston. According to Fairfax County tax records, Kellermann's home is assessed at $898,440.

Neighbors tell WTOP they are surprised to hear about Kellermann's suicide. They knew him, his wife and young daughter from neighborhood parties and the pool.

"I'm in total shock. This is a wonderful family. This is the last thing I would have ever expected," says Susan Unger, who lives across the street from Kellermann. "I'm saddened. It's awful."

Unger's husband Paul says Kellermann was a "terrific guy."

"We're just shocked beyond belief. This is just a wonderful family -- very family oriented," Paul Unger says.

Kellermann, 41, had been with Freddie Mac for more than 16 years.

He had been named acting chief financial officer in September 2008, taking over after Anthony "Buddy" Piszel resigned. Freddie Mac's CEO David Moffett resigned last month.

A neighbor tells WTOP a security guard was posted - apparently as a precaution - outside the Kellermann home for "a few days" earlier this month, after Fannie Mae disclosed the names of executives in line for bonuses. Freddie Mac has not disclosed which executives would get bonuses.

Government-controlled Freddie Mac, based in McLean, has been criticized heavily for reckless business practices. Some say those practices contributed to the nation's housing and financial crisis. Freddie Mac owns or guarantees about 13 million home loans.

As CFO, Kellermann was responsible for the company's financial controls, financial reporting and oversight of the company's budget and financial planning.

Freddie Mac released this statement about Kellermann's death:

"The Freddie Mac family is truly saddened by the news this morning of David Kellermann's death. We extend our deepest condolences to David's family and loved ones for this terrible personal tragedy.

David was a man of great talents. He dedicated those talents to Freddie Mac for more than 16 years, serving in many business and finance capacities before recently taking the reins as acting chief financial officer. His extraordinary work ethic and integrity inspired all who worked with him. But he will be most remembered for his affability, his personal warmth, his sense of humor and his quick wit. David was a friend to many in the Freddie Mac family, and we mourn his passing."
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Kellerman probably posted on Karl Denninger's Ticker Forum under the pseudonym "Blumunki".

There have been several attempts to influence opinion on the Ticker Forum - from insider bankers & traders to the occasional mockingbird.

A very astute poster known as Mtgspy was particularly keen on taking on "Blumunki" and exposing his disinformation and attempts at manipulation.

NB Language and debate on Ticker Forum is, um, robust.

But then, this is war.

This is from the thread entitled:

Quote:Eulogy for Blumunki, the Freddie Mac TF Troll 2008-07-12 13:55:59

Quote:You think I forgot, Metrosexual Asshole?

3 months ago I fought the flamer-troll Blumunki, the Freddie Mac credit analysis employee who was significantly invested LONG position in FRE and was an avid advocate of continued unsafe lending despite the obvious implication of deflation which was pointed out clearly in every threads by that point.

He was citing falsified statistics which he helped create as he worked at Freddie Mac. He was advocating low downpayment with some glibs about people taking responsibility to wash the guilt of fucking up off his shirt. Blumunki's employment at Freddie Mac, may have also been terminated at this point. Who knows, but the fact remains that Blumunki LOST everything regardless.

Blumunki appeared confident in Tickerforum as Bill Miller swooped in to buy shares in March, and Freddie Mac rallied from $16 to $34. It was important to note that Blumunki was hiding in his closet, crying, as Freddie Mac was about to blow up in March due to Bear Stearns. Only after apparent recovery, did he show up to cheer his company, who had been kind enough to sustain him with salary and benefit yet he so cowardly hid himself when things went bad.

In December, Blumunki was also running a poll as to how many people went broke by reading TF and believing there is a serious problem with leverage, housing and banking sectors.

Now, of course you should never expect to hear from Blumunki. Whatever rumor that has been sent now takes a physical shape and Freddie Mac is done as a viable enterprise, and of course a coward such as this prefers to stroke himself among the other DC metrosexuals he hangs around with.

Blumunki, if you are reading this, you deserve everything you are getting. I hope everyday your wife found a puerto rican daddy whom you pay alimony to buy cracks for the rest of your life. You are the WORST of the WORST and the financial industry remembers for life the rat that you are.

Grinning,

Mtgspy.

"Blumunki"'s last message, addressed to Genesis - aka Karl Denninger, who as site administrator knew "Blumunki"'s IP addresses.

Quote:Gen,

That's a "right and ethical decision".

That I compromise my privacy, when no one else has to, because you think I'm talking my book.

wow,

I presented facts and participated (based upon my professional experience) so that someone might dig a little deeper or think a little harder before making an investment decision.

Wow..

I won't/can't do it, because its not fair its not how I would treat others.

"close me out", terminate my access whatever it is. I'm out.

And if you feel inclined to share w, everyone where I work, so be it.

Good luck to all...I'm out of here.

Peace

Genesis replied:

Quote:So if someone who worked for Enron, for example, was to tell people they should buy Enron stock, under a pseudonym on a message board, he shouldn't bother telling people he works at Enron, right?

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, Kellerman knew the secrets of Freddie Mac's books:

Quote:Kellermann had been closely involved in many key accounting and financial issues since 2003 when regulators found that Freddie Mac had improperly booked years of losses.

Before taking over as acting CFO, he served as senior vice president, corporate controller and principal accounting officer.
From Reuters (url requires subscription).

Quote:As the company's financial chief, Kellermann was working on the company's first quarter financial report, due at the end of May, with federal regulators closely overseeing the company's books and signing off on major decisions.

That relationship has been tense at times. Freddie Mac executives recently battled with federal regulators over whether to disclose potential losses on mortgage securities tied to the Obama administration's housing plan, said a person familiar with the deliberations who was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=..._article=1
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Quote:Police: Gun, Gunshot Wound Linked To Freddie Mac CFO's Death Report4-22-09 9:57 AM EDT | E-mail Article | Print Article

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Police investigating the apparent suicide of Freddie Mac (FRE) acting chief financial officer David Kellermann confirmed the presence of a gun and a gunshot wound, AHN Media reported Wednesday on its Web site. Kellermann was found dead at his home early in the morning, according to Fairfax County police. Police spokesman Lucy Caldwell told AHN that other people were present at the home at the time of Kellermann's death, in Reston, Va., and that there was a gun and a gunshot wound. Kellermann's wife told local police he committed suicide, Washington, D.C., television station WUSA reported, citing county sheriff's deputies.

http://news.morningstar.com/newsnet/View...5_univ.xml

Quote:Police Found Freddie Mac CFO Dead by Hanging
Police believe David Kellermann, 41, Killed Himself in HIs Virginia Home
By RUSSELL GOLDMAN, JACK DATE and ANN COMPTON
April 22, 2009

Law enforcement sources said David Kellermann, acting chief financial officer of mortgage company Freddie Mac, was found hanging in the basement of his Vienna, Va., home, dead from an apparent suicide early this morning.

The death was "an active investigation" and there were "no signs of foul play," Fairfax County police officer Sabrina Ruck said.

Local police said they were called to Kellermann's home at 4:48 a.m., but would not say who'd placed the call to 911.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7399376&page=1

So, Kellermann managed to hang and shoot himself, but it's not suspicious.

:hmmmm:

Nothing to see here. Move along.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Kellerman probably posted on Karl Denninger's Ticker Forum under the pseudonym "Blumunki".

There have been several attempts to influence opinion on the Ticker Forum - from insider bankers & traders to the occasional mockingbird.

A very astute poster known as Mtgspy was particularly keen on taking on "Blumunki" and exposing his disinformation and attempts at manipulation.

NB Language and debate on Ticker Forum is, um, robust.

But then, this is war.

This is from the thread entitled:

Quote:Eulogy for Blumunki, the Freddie Mac TF Troll 2008-07-12 13:55:59

Quote:You think I forgot, Metrosexual Asshole?

3 months ago I fought the flamer-troll Blumunki, the Freddie Mac credit analysis employee who was significantly invested LONG position in FRE and was an avid advocate of continued unsafe lending despite the obvious implication of deflation which was pointed out clearly in every threads by that point.

He was citing falsified statistics which he helped create as he worked at Freddie Mac. He was advocating low downpayment with some glibs about people taking responsibility to wash the guilt of fucking up off his shirt. Blumunki's employment at Freddie Mac, may have also been terminated at this point. Who knows, but the fact remains that Blumunki LOST everything regardless.

Blumunki appeared confident in Tickerforum as Bill Miller swooped in to buy shares in March, and Freddie Mac rallied from $16 to $34. It was important to note that Blumunki was hiding in his closet, crying, as Freddie Mac was about to blow up in March due to Bear Stearns. Only after apparent recovery, did he show up to cheer his company, who had been kind enough to sustain him with salary and benefit yet he so cowardly hid himself when things went bad.

In December, Blumunki was also running a poll as to how many people went broke by reading TF and believing there is a serious problem with leverage, housing and banking sectors.

Now, of course you should never expect to hear from Blumunki. Whatever rumor that has been sent now takes a physical shape and Freddie Mac is done as a viable enterprise, and of course a coward such as this prefers to stroke himself among the other DC metrosexuals he hangs around with.

Blumunki, if you are reading this, you deserve everything you are getting. I hope everyday your wife found a puerto rican daddy whom you pay alimony to buy cracks for the rest of your life. You are the WORST of the WORST and the financial industry remembers for life the rat that you are.

Grinning,

Mtgspy.

"Blumunki"'s last message, addressed to Genesis - aka Karl Denninger, who as site administrator knew "Blumunki"'s IP addresses.

Quote:Gen,

That's a "right and ethical decision".

That I compromise my privacy, when no one else has to, because you think I'm talking my book.

wow,

I presented facts and participated (based upon my professional experience) so that someone might dig a little deeper or think a little harder before making an investment decision.

Wow..

I won't/can't do it, because its not fair its not how I would treat others.

"close me out", terminate my access whatever it is. I'm out.

And if you feel inclined to share w, everyone where I work, so be it.

Good luck to all...I'm out of here.

Peace

Genesis replied:

Quote:So if someone who worked for Enron, for example, was to tell people they should buy Enron stock, under a pseudonym on a message board, he shouldn't bother telling people he works at Enron, right?

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, Kellerman knew the secrets of Freddie Mac's books:

Quote:Kellermann had been closely involved in many key accounting and financial issues since 2003 when regulators found that Freddie Mac had improperly booked years of losses.

Before taking over as acting CFO, he served as senior vice president, corporate controller and principal accounting officer.
From Reuters (url requires subscription).

Quote:As the company's financial chief, Kellermann was working on the company's first quarter financial report, due at the end of May, with federal regulators closely overseeing the company's books and signing off on major decisions.

That relationship has been tense at times. Freddie Mac executives recently battled with federal regulators over whether to disclose potential losses on mortgage securities tied to the Obama administration's housing plan, said a person familiar with the deliberations who was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=..._article=1

Bill Miller???

Jack
Thanks for posting this Peter. The guy is making something like $800k this year, and he supposedly offs himself? Why?
Myra Bronstein Wrote:Thanks for posting this Peter. The guy is making something like $800k this year, and he supposedly offs himself? Why?

My hunch is he didn't, they did...why exactly - don't know - probably knew something too big or did something someone didn't like..... While not impossible he could have been upset being the captain of a sinking ship, I know I only get suicidal when I'm at or below zero funds and homeless. The guy was loaded, nice houses, the works.... The MOST suspicious thing to me were the police IMMEDIATELY declaring it a suicide before an investigation. When I hear that, I tend to think suicided.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Myra Bronstein Wrote:Thanks for posting this Peter. The guy is making something like $800k this year, and he supposedly offs himself? Why?

My hunch is he didn't, they did...why exactly - don't know - probably knew something too big or did something someone didn't like..... While not impossible he could have been upset being the captain of a sinking ship, I know I only get suicidal when I'm at or below zero funds and homeless. The guy was loaded, nice houses, the works.... The MOST suspicious thing to me were the police IMMEDIATELY declaring it a suicide before an investigation. When I hear that, I tend to think suicided.

Agreed on all points.

The CFO would be the one in charge of cooking the books I would think. So in theory he knew a lot.
Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

Agreed on all points.

The CFO would be the one in charge of cooking the books I would think. So in theory he knew a lot.

When Enron started to 'go under' one of the top men [see below] was said to have committed suicide in his luxury car - shot himself in the head. Notice in the article those that knew him are surprised - i.e. they hadn't found him depressed of late. One wonders how many murders are done by the men behind the curtains in this country every year!....Given the brutal level of the discussion on the tickerforum - those guys are just raw meat eaters and IMO would do anything to anyone to get a step up or a million more....

Enron - Baxter's Suicide
Was Murder Say Top Cops

It was murder. That's the stunning verdict of top law enforcement experts who have independently examined the shooting death of Enron executive Cliff Baxter, which was hurriedly ruled a suicide by a controversial medical examiner.

And insiders believe the popular boss' tragic death is linked to the giant energy company whose shoddy dealings and bankruptcy have shattered the lives of thousands of employees. "Mr. Baxter's death was NOT a suicide-and nothing points to a natural death, which leads to the unavoidable conclusion that foul play was involved," said Peter Levin, a veteran prosecutor in Philadelphia.

Baxter, a 43-year-old former vice-president of the Houston-based company, was found dead in his Mercedes just half a mile from his $700,000 home.

He had been steeling himself to testify before congressional committees about Enron's questionable accounting practices-and just dayus earlier had talked to a business associate about "perhaps needing a bodyguard."

"He knew where all the Enron bodies were buried and he was apparently ready to talk," former congressman John LeBoutillier, who attended Harvard Business School with former Enron CEO Jeff Skilling.

"The evidence for foul play is pretty strong. Here's a man who had everything to live for-children he loved and a comfortable future. He's lying in bed in the middle of the night when he suddenly gets up, dresses, gets into his car, drives a short distance and blows his brains out. It doesn't make sense.

"There's billions of dollars missing. If the people involved are capable of cheating, lying and stealing money, it's not going much further to hire a hit man and have someone whacked."

Veteran prosecutor Craig Silverman, who nailed dozens of murderers in his 16 years as chief deputy district attorney of Denver, Colo., told:

"A trained killer can make a murder look like a suicide. There are hit men who work for lrge sums of money and do a very efficient job of killing the the way that suits their clients' purposes." Company insiders say Enron was a cesspool of greed, inflated egoes and illicit sex. And Baxter's friends and co-workers have deep doubts about the so-called suicide of a former boss who knew the inner workings of the firm.

"He wasn't the kind of guy who'd kill himself," his friend Lyndon Taylor.

"Cliff had a happy disposition and I never really saw him get rattled. If someone could have walked out of this Enron scandal it would have been Cliff. He was a survivor." Added another close friend: "Here is a guy with everything in the world to live for. He still had his money, he had a huge yacht and a wonderful family. The thought that he would kill himself is absolutely mind-boggling."

Baxter's body was found at 2:23 a.m. on January 25, Harris County medical examiner Joye Carter completed the autopsy and decided it was suicide by that night-unusual speed, according to insiders.

Dr. Carter has a controversial past. In 1993 she was the District of Columbia Chief Medical Examiner when Washington lawyer Paul David Wilcher was mysteriously found dead in his apartment. Wilcher had been investigating the events leading up to the Branch Davidian fire in Waco, Texas. But no cause of death was ever determined and autopsy reports were never made public.

In February 2001 Carter was fined $1,000 and narrowly escaped being fired for allowing an unlicensed pathologist to perform roughly 200 autopsies in the Houston area. And during her time in Houston, the county has paid hefty damages in two lawsuits brought by whistle-blowers on her staff who alleged official mis-conduct.

Nine days after Baxter's death, police still hadn't publicly supported the suicide verdict. "It's highly significant that the police are being so cautious," a former senior detective told: "There are so many questions here-most importantly, why did he leave the house so suddenly? Was he lured by a phone call? Had he agreed to meet someone?

"The fact that the police investigation is still going on tells me that despite what the medical examiner says, the detectives on the ground haven't ruled out murder."
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:
Quote:Police: Gun, Gunshot Wound Linked To Freddie Mac CFO's Death Report4-22-09 9:57 AM EDT | E-mail Article | Print Article

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Police investigating the apparent suicide of Freddie Mac (FRE) acting chief financial officer David Kellermann confirmed the presence of a gun and a gunshot wound, AHN Media reported Wednesday on its Web site. Kellermann was found dead at his home early in the morning, according to Fairfax County police. Police spokesman Lucy Caldwell told AHN that other people were present at the home at the time of Kellermann's death, in Reston, Va., and that there was a gun and a gunshot wound. Kellermann's wife told local police he committed suicide, Washington, D.C., television station WUSA reported, citing county sheriff's deputies.

http://news.morningstar.com/newsnet/View...5_univ.xml

Quote:Police Found Freddie Mac CFO Dead by Hanging
Police believe David Kellermann, 41, Killed Himself in HIs Virginia Home
By RUSSELL GOLDMAN, JACK DATE and ANN COMPTON
April 22, 2009

Law enforcement sources said David Kellermann, acting chief financial officer of mortgage company Freddie Mac, was found hanging in the basement of his Vienna, Va., home, dead from an apparent suicide early this morning.

The death was "an active investigation" and there were "no signs of foul play," Fairfax County police officer Sabrina Ruck said.

Local police said they were called to Kellermann's home at 4:48 a.m., but would not say who'd placed the call to 911.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7399376&page=1

So, Kellermann managed to hang and shoot himself, but it's not suspicious.

:hmmmm:

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Suspicious? Nah! Belt and braces suicideration Jan. First you shoot yourself to death and then you hang yourself to death.

And if that doesn't work you shoot yourself again.:ciao:
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Quote:Suspicious? Nah! Belt and braces suicideration Jan. First you shoot yourself to death and then you hang yourself to death.

And if that doesn't work you shoot yourself again.:ciao:

I remember a witness in the JFK assassination who was found with THREE shotgun blasts to the BACK of his head. It was ruled a suicide. I believe his wrists were bound, as well. I wonder what they learn in the police academies these days.... NB- actually Dave, I think it easier to hang oneself and THEN shoot oneself to death. If still alive, the razors to the wrists in the bathtub should do....... it really is quite amazing they didn't rule Roselli's body hacked-up and placed in an oil drum with concrete suicide - Houdini could have done it and then done it for the next show!.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head Of Communications At Italy's Scandal-Ridden Banca Monte Paschi Has Committed Suicide Danny Jarman 1 3,673 07-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS - What an interesting idea.... Adele Edisen 0 2,748 28-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  "interesting quote" from one who would 'know' Peter Lemkin 1 3,279 27-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Interesting Views On Financial Situation & Ethical Questions/Solutions Peter Lemkin 0 2,636 18-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin