Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Cocker Dead
Cocker was a heart felt symbol of the Woodstock generation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/arts/m....html?_r=0
Yep, really enjoyed his raspy voice.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
I first saw J. C. at Woodstock and was struck by the power and emotion in his voice. Sad.....he's gone; so many are; the feeling that was Woodstock is long gone.....replaced by the Blue Meanies.::face.palm::
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
I enjoyed Joe Cocker's music and singing style and I know he was at Woodstok but I never think of him as part of the Woodstock thing. To me he is/was just a great blues type singer who did a fantastic job covering other artists and always seemed quite happy just the way things were. And that is perfectly okay.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prince is Dead: Not The Prince but Prince Lauren Johnson 9 29,031 24-04-2016, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Paul is Dead Magda Hassan 3 5,000 19-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Spock Dead Albert Doyle 3 4,133 28-02-2015, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Hackers falsely claim Obama dead on Fox Twitter feed Bernice Moore 5 3,516 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  US Police (?) find dead German tourists in Death Valley - AFP 0 576 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: