Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon Papers panel hosted by Amy Goodwin aired on PAX-TV, link to video
The Christian TV channel (Pax-TV in my area) aired last night the following Democracy Now video concerning Ellsberg, Gravel, and West concerning the release of the Pentagon Papers. The video is from 2007-ish and features each of the above people who dared to defy the government giving a short speech, and then there is a question and answer session. Their memories and recollections of the event are both humorous and inspiring, and well worth the time to watch. Each speaker has also something to say about how the conditions back then are analogous to the conditions today (well, 2007 isn't "today" any more but things are much the same), and how they found the resilience to weather the government persecution afterwards.

It is further inspiring to note that Christian TV broadcasters, as opposed to the mainstream media, have the courage to air such a special.

Here is a link to the transcript and the video:

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/12/26/h...rs_came_to
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Wow Drew, that was wonderful. I love Gravel and this was an amazing story. Such a rare moment in time for the press. I always figured it was because Nixon so hated the Times and the Post that they first published the Pentagon Papers, as such "truth" is so out of keeping for MSM. And the S. Court ruling, another rare correct occurrence. We have so few moments in American history like this.

How did you happen upon this? Was it advertised? I am not sure we get that network here in south Austin. However I am not surprised that a Christian station would run it. Many Christian scholars are aware of the New world Order and in fact part of the Patriot Act was to have Christians arrested. (I am typing this from a very long ago memory). Most Christian pastors or leaders are unaware of these things but there are others who are very aware of the deep political dark doings in the name of "national security".

Dawn
I was just channel surfing and saw it starting. The initial book publisher of the Pentagon Papers was the Unitarian Church. Robert West is one of the panelist in the video, and, according to the video, at the time he was the person in the Unitarian Church that made the decision to publish. The church was the only book publisher in the US that would accept the project.

It is my understanding that the Unitarian Church is anti-war.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Drew Phipps Wrote:I was just channel surfing and saw it starting. The initial book publisher of the Pentagon Papers was the Unitarian Church. Robert West is one of the panelist in the video, and, according to the video, at the time he was the person in the Unitarian Church that made the decision to publish. The church was the only book publisher in the US that would accept the project.

It is my understanding that the Unitarian Church is anti-war.
Yes they are. There are some wonderful Christians in the peace movement. Pax Christi Catholics , Quakers, Unitarians. In the tradition of James Douglass and Thomas Merton. Some will literally lay their own lives on the line for us all to live in peace. Respect.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PBS (Frontline) airs "The Secret History of ISIS" (aka "Daesh") on 5.17.16, link Drew Phipps 2 5,061 19-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  FOX Affiliate Caught Editing Video of Protest Chant: Faked Protesters Saying “Go Kill A Cop!” Magda Hassan 2 3,429 25-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Doug Fisher
  Interesting Video - Psychology of Power - Rule From The Shadows Peter Lemkin 9 4,280 15-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  How Text Books Continue to Keep the Pentagon Papers a Secret. Magda Hassan 1 2,934 23-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Pentagon “Cyber-Warriors” Planting “False Information on Facebook” Peter Lemkin 0 2,725 28-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Iran Calls Video Games Part Of CIA Plot Ed Jewett 1 2,638 26-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  (Video) "Perfect Storm of Internet Censorship" - The Corbett Report Ed Jewett 0 2,634 12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  The Pentagon's strengthening grip on Hollywood Ed Jewett 0 2,736 05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
  Pentagon Seeks to Manipulate Social Media for Propaganda Purposes Ed Jewett 0 2,982 21-07-2011, 03:51 AM
  Anti-Flotilla video fraud linked to PM Netanyahu’s office, official Israeli hasbara agents Magda Hassan 0 2,306 25-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan