Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Sheehan, 18 JFK lectures and the RULERS OF THE REALM
Daniel Sheehan has been teaching a class on the JFK assassination this year at the University of California, and also has a book on the assassination on the way titled RULERS OF THE REALM. Sheehan has uploaded his various class lectures onto Youtube and provided links to PDFs of the class materials he has prepared, some of which are extremely detailed and of possible interest even to those who aren't intending to do an academic course anytime soon on the murder of JFK. The class notes and lectures are all from the link here -

http://www.danielpsheehan.com/areas-of-e...assination

There are 18 lectures uploaded so far, and some of them run for two or three hours, so there is quite a bit of material to digest. Scan through the titles and it's evident that Sheehan has designed his course to build the case for conspiracy, weigh and discard various alternate theories, and then draw together some pointed conclusions at the end of the semester, leading in to the arguments offered by his forthcoming book. I listened to some of the later lectures covering CIA involvement and found them worthwhile - Sheehan notes that Ted Shackley will feature heavily in his final, wrap-up analysis.
I remember when the Establishment came down on him and the Christic Institute like a ton of bricks 25 years ago.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:I remember when the Establishment came down on him and the Christic Institute like a ton of bricks 25 years ago.

I remember it vividly. I was working as one of the head staff at their second largest office then in Los Angeles........ D.S. even went into hiding in the San Diego area for a number of years after that. The La Penca Bombing lawsuit was destroyed by ex-legal bullshit....just what one would expect when the real defendant is the Government and the Secret Government and the Judicial System, among others.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Tracy Riddle Wrote:I remember when the Establishment came down on him and the Christic Institute like a ton of bricks 25 years ago.

I remember that too. It had something to do with Iran Contra, but I no longer recall any of the details. He spoke at COPA on the 50th.
Here's something on Sheehan:

Avirgan v. Hull was filed on behalf of journalists Tony Avirgan and Martha Honey against more than two dozen individuals, some of whom were to emerge as figures in the Iran-Contra scandals. Avirgan was present at the La Penca bombing of a press conference being held by Nicaraguan Contra leader Edén Pastora. Three journalists were killed and Pastora and Avirgan were among the wounded. In 1985, Avirgan and Honey charged a reputed CIA contract employee, John Floyd Hull, of being involved in the La Penca bombing. Hull unsuccessfully sued the reporters for defamation, who had retained the Institute's Sheehan as counsel. Shortly afterward, Sheehan and the Institute brought a massive Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) suit, charging that the La Penca bombing was a result of a conspiracy carried out by a "secret team" that had operated since the 1950s outside the control of government oversight.

Ultimately, the suit failed to win any civil judgment against the defendants. President George H. W. Bush pardoned the principal conspirators and the case was dismissed by Federal Judge James Lawrence King. According to the New York Times, the case was dismissed by Judge King at least in part due to "the fact that the vast majority of the 79 witnesses Mr. Sheehan cites as authorities were either dead, unwilling to testify, fountains of contradictory information or at best one person removed from the facts they were describing". A Nixon appointee, Judge King was later discovered to have been a Member of the Board of Directors of organized-crime accountant Meyer Lansky's Miami National Bank as well as a legal consultant to the Central Intelligence Agency. The final blows came when Judge King ordered Christic to pay one million dollars of the defendant's legal fees and the IRS stripped the Institute of its 501©(3) nonprofit status after claiming the suit was politically-motivated."

(Christic is the name of the law firm Sheehan started.)
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
If Wikipedia says it was the Sandinistas then you should start looking the other way. However the motive would line up with the Sandinistas wanting to kill a traitor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thomas D. Herman Smooches Halberstam and Sheehan Jim DiEugenio 1 1,997 03-10-2019, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio