Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rachel Maddow admits Vietnam war only happened because JFK was assassinated
From last night's show:

Maddow and Mathews both said Oswald killed JFK and that conspiracy theorists were nutty.

They work for a derivative of NBC, which is the network that employed CIA's Walter Sheridan to illegally obstruct Jim Garrison.
Albert Doyle Wrote:Maddow and Mathews both said Oswald killed JFK and that conspiracy theorists were nutty.

They work for a derivative of NBC, which is the network that employed CIA's Walter Sheridan to illegally obstruct Jim Garrison.

I know, that's why I thought this was interesting.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Albert Doyle Wrote:Maddow and Mathews both said Oswald killed JFK and that conspiracy theorists were nutty.

I know, that's why I thought this was interesting.
Yes but does she really beg the question of why these escalations had to happen in spite of the initial reluctance of the Johnson/Obama administrations to do so? It should be said Kennedy was assassinated because the Vietnam War had to happen. As to their positions on Oswald the LN. Any major journalist has to ascribe to this position if they wish to keep their job. They could speak out and be marginalized or they can try to do what they can without rocking the boat. Not much of a choice but I can't really blame them for taking the money.
The only major journalist in America I can name who said publicly that JFK was killed as part of a conspiracy was The Daily Show's John Stewart. In an interview with someone, it may have been Chris Matthews, Stewart said, almost as an aside, "No, that was a conspiracy," or something like that.

And yes, I do believe Stewart is a major journalist, one of the few we have.
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996
Stewart helped reduce the free press to the unserious. A clown act. Real journalism is what he sold out for comedy.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:From last night's show:

Well, it seems to me that she's not expressing her opinion on that, she's saying that's what the book says.
Fine, whatever. I just thought it was unusual to hear corporate media pundits discuss the idea that Vietnam policy really did change because of JFK's death.
Wanting them to admit to a conspiracy is too much to expect. Alec Baldwin was about to start a new show on MSNBC, and then he wrote an article about conspiracies...
http://www.newstatesman.com/2013/10/amer...-been-lied
...and that was the end of his show. They claimed it was because he yelled at a reporter. Hell, that was nothing new. Everyone knows that Baldwin hates the paparazzi.
WOW. Talk about timing. I was just having an argument with an attorney about the JFK assassination, via IM on facebook. He's a lone nutter. Says Warren was a good man, therefore no conspiracy. And if there was why aren't I published. I was going to tell him about Viet Nam and the proof of that after court but lo and behold I come here and Rachel is saying it. I am really shocked that she admits the JFK was ending Viet Nam. But there it is. A first I do believe.

Dawn
DiEugenio deserves credit. He was one of the most prominent voices that probably led to it becoming OK to admit it in public.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,436 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,408 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Big Grin JFK, Vietnam and Agent Orange Richard Coleman 2 2,459 11-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Counterpunch, JFK and Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 0 2,046 04-05-2020, 09:37 PM
  Vietnam Declassified: Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon Jim DiEugenio 0 5,383 17-12-2018, 05:54 PM
  An interesting sidebar to President Johnson's Vietnam War Tom Bowden 5 9,125 17-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Roger Hilsman on JFK vs LBJ on Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 7 20,637 26-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Max Boot gets Booted on Lansdale in Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 19 22,751 23-05-2018, 05:07 AM
  Edmund Gullion, JFK and the Shaping of a Foreign Policy in Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 1 6,747 14-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  WHY JFK Was Assassinated.... Peter Lemkin 3 18,409 23-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin