Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixon vs Kennedy
My article on Dick Nixon and comparing him to JFK is now up at ctka.

http://www.ctka.net/2015/NixonPt1.html

As you an see, they did not call him Dirty Dick for nothing.

As insightful foreign policy wonks Nixon and Kissinger were wildly overrated in every aspect.

They were at about the level of John Foster Dulles.
Was everyone aware of this episode I describe in the essay:

"Before leaving the subject, it's interesting to speculate on another possible aspect of the pressure campaign brought to bear on Carter to let the Shah into the United States. Everyone knows that John McCloy served on the Warren Commission. In May of 1979, Carter was visiting Los Angeles to make a speech at the Civic Center. He had still not allowed the Shah into the country. The police apprehended a man with a starter's pistol in the crowd. When they questioned the suspect, he told the authorities he was part of a four-man assassination team. His function was to fire a diversionary shot into the ground while the other members shot at Carter from a nearby hotel. Although the police were skeptical, they later found that a room at the hotel was rented by a man the suspect had named as part of the plot. In that room was a shotgun case and three spent rounds of ammunition. Further, the occupants had checked out the day of the assassination attempt. The apprehended suspect's name was Raymond Lee Harvey. One of the men he named as a co-conspirator was Oswaldo Espinoza Ortiz. (Time, 5/21/79)About four months later, Carter admitted the Shah."

Coincidence or conspiracy?
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Was everyone aware of this episode I describe in the essay:

"Before leaving the subject, it's interesting to speculate on another possible aspect of the pressure campaign brought to bear on Carter to let the Shah into the United States. Everyone knows that John McCloy served on the Warren Commission. In May of 1979, Carter was visiting Los Angeles to make a speech at the Civic Center. He had still not allowed the Shah into the country. The police apprehended a man with a starter's pistol in the crowd. When they questioned the suspect, he told the authorities he was part of a four-man assassination team. His function was to fire a diversionary shot into the ground while the other members shot at Carter from a nearby hotel. Although the police were skeptical, they later found that a room at the hotel was rented by a man the suspect had named as part of the plot. In that room was a shotgun case and three spent rounds of ammunition. Further, the occupants had checked out the day of the assassination attempt. The apprehended suspect's name was Raymond Lee Harvey. One of the men he named as a co-conspirator was Oswaldo Espinoza Ortiz. (Time, 5/21/79)About four months later, Carter admitted the Shah."

Coincidence or conspiracy?

One of the more obvious [to students of history] cases of Deep Political 'arm twisting/treats' on a President...but not the only one, by far. The names used were SO obvious and SO outrageous, but the MSM ignored them or laughed them off as some proof of the lack of a 'real threat'...I'd say, quite the opposite. It is my guess that such things go on quite often with top political and other figures, but that they rarely are reported. Carter still won't talk about this incident, as far as I know. This along with the October Surprise shows how out of the Deep Political loop he was and how much they manipulated his Presidency. While far from a perfect President, he is the only one who really has done something positive toward Peace efforts while in office and with his life after being President - further distancing him, morally/ethically, from the selfish/brutish slobs behind the Deep Political tarpits.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
The timing of the incident is even more suggestive than I indicated.

Because a month later, Carter Ok'd a finding for Afghanistan, which meant the CIA could begin operations there, even before the Russian Army invaded.

Admitting the Shah of course instigated the hostage crisis. Which, in actuality, meant the end of Carter's presidency.

Which brought us Ronald Reagan.

You really wonder, how could Carter not have gotten the message? Between McCloy's incessant lobbying, and those two names?
Did you include in your article the apparent sabotaging by Nixon of the Vietnam peace process at the end of Johnson's presidency?
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:The timing of the incident is even more suggestive than I indicated.

Because a month later, Carter Ok'd a finding for Afghanistan, which meant the CIA could begin operations there, even before the Russian Army invaded.

Admitting the Shah of course instigated the hostage crisis. Which, in actuality, meant the end of Carter's presidency.

Which brought us Ronald Reagan.

You really wonder, how could Carter not have gotten the message? Between McCloy's incessant lobbying, and those two names?

And the October surprise sealed the deal for a Reagan/Bush
White House. I remember at the time Ted Kennedy advising against the Shaw coming to the US for treatment as he knew what the fall out would be. And I heard that assassination attempt story with the oh so obvious "names" years ago but did not realize it was connected to admitting the Shah. I wonder if Carter has ever commented on the October surprise.

Dawn
I wonder if there are any documented examples of Democrats sabotaging peace talks for political aims? People sometimes ask, what's the difference?
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Newsweek
5/21/79

At first it seemed just a bum's boozy fantasy. When a grubby transient named Raymond Lee Harvey was arrested 50 feet away from Jimmy Carter at a Los Angeles rally two weekends ago, he claimed to be part of a four-man conspiracy to assassinate Carter. Harvey carried only a blank-firing starter's pistol, and the Secret Service said at the time that he had "all the characteristics of a derelict." But investigators found new evidence last week that supported Harvey's storyincluding a shotgun case and ammunition in a nearby hotel roomand once again raised the specter of a Presidential assassination plot.

The case is as bizarre and confusing as it is potentially serious. One curious twist is the names of the principals. Raymond Lee Harvey, who was held on $50,000 bail last week on a charge of conspiring to kill the President, and Oswaldo Espinoza Ortiz, who was held on $100,000 bail as a material witness. References to Lee Harvey Oswald and the assassination of John F. Kennedy were unavoidable. Officials have also indicated that Harvey has a history of mental illness. Both Harvey and Espinoza now claim that Harvey was supposed to create a diversion by firing his starter's pistol while two other men attempted to shoot Carter. But investigators say they have no clues to the whereabouts of the alleged accomplices and are not even certain of their identities. Accordingly, the authorities have been careful to stress their doubts about the case.

This was back in the days before cable TV News however all three networks reported this story at least once on their respective evening news broadcasts.

CBS News:
Headline: Carter Assassination Try
REPORTER: Walter Cronkite
CBS Evening News for Friday, May 11, 1979

ABC News:
Headline: Carter Assassination Attempt
REPORTER: Frank Reynolds
ABC Evening News for Friday, May 11, 1979

NBC News:
Headline: Carter / Assassination Plot
REPORTER: John Chancellor
NBC Evening News for Thursday, May 17, 1979

Three Australian Newspapers also reported on the story. This story seems to have vanished shortly after it was first reported.

From Wikipedia:
It's worth noting that it wasn't "the military" or "the CIA" who were sending Carter this message.
“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.”
― Leo Tolstoy,
Drew:

Yes I did mention the Anna Chenault sabotage in 1968. I did so toward the end. Ken Hughes wrote a book on that which I reviewed.

https://consortiumnews.com/2014/09/08/fl...m-treason/

But I hope everyone clicks through to read this http://jimhougan.com/wordpress/?p=98

If what Jim Hougan is proposing here is correct, then Nixon was there at the start of the war, he was there when Kennedy's efforts to get us out were being reversed, and with Chennault, he was making sure there was no peace agreement by LBJ in 1968.

And as I note, he wanted to bomb Vietnam in 1954 and commit American troops also. It really was his war.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK Goes After Anti-Kennedy Right Wing Extremists Gil Jesus 0 589 27-12-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Trump and Kennedy: Is Politico For Real? Jim DiEugenio 4 5,947 12-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Jim DiEugenio Reviews The House of Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 2,265 26-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Two more members of the Kennedy clan have died not naturally. Richard Coleman 0 2,718 04-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  It never stops: Castro killed Kennedy Jim DiEugenio 0 1,680 09-01-2020, 05:57 PM
  Robert F. Kennedy jr. John Kowalski 13 19,734 25-11-2019, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Tom Bowden
  Kennedy and Cuba: Nat'l Security Archive Richard Coleman 0 1,780 04-10-2019, 12:42 AM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Vietnam Declassified: Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon Jim DiEugenio 0 5,530 17-12-2018, 05:54 PM
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 6,215 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Shane O'Sullivan's DIRTY TRICKS: NIXON, WATERGATE AND THE CIA Anthony Thorne 2 5,557 07-11-2018, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser