Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cognitive Dissonance
In Psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress caused by holding two conflicting or contradictory beliefs.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
My name is David Guyatt and I have'nt had a cognitive dissonance for 14 years.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Oh shit!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTrrpc08unc&list=PLn_tNM7Lwwvek9ci0R_hKgfO ny-lSc-1m[/video]
And this wasn't a controlled demolition?

I'm taking up cognitive dissonance again.

It's makes a great deal more sense...

Cheers!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7451&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 157.97 KB / Downloads: 17)
David Guyatt Wrote:My name is David Guyatt and I have'nt had a cognitive dissonance for 14 years.
Ay caramba! My whole life has been a chunky soup of cogdiss. I used to think it was 'cos I'm a Libran (seeing both sides of the argument and consequently being completely indecisive an' all that), but I've stopped believing in astronomy, so I'm reaching for the Bushmills. "Make mine a large one an' hold the ice".
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."
Michael Barwell Wrote:
David Guyatt Wrote:My name is David Guyatt and I have'nt had a cognitive dissonance for 14 years.
Ay caramba! My whole life has been a chunky soup of cogdiss. I used to think it was 'cos I'm a Libran (seeing both sides of the argument and consequently being completely indecisive an' all that), but I've stopped believing in astronomy, so I'm reaching for the Bushmills. "Make mine a large one an' hold the ice".

at the old Bucket-o-blood saloon in Virginia City, Nevada... they'd tell ya, "what's this hold the ice, shit? Nothing comes with ice here-- cog diss or otherwise!" Smile
David Healy Wrote:
Michael Barwell Wrote:

at the old Bucket-o-blood saloon in Virginia City, Nevada... they'd tell ya, "what's this hold the ice, shit? Nothing comes with ice here-- cog diss or otherwise!" Smile

Service with a smile.
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."