Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
constant login
Hello....It seems that now every time I visit the site, I need to log in anew. This started within the past week or two. I do check the "remember me" box to no avail. I have tried logging in in both the login at top and the "new" login further down the page. I have changed nothing and wonder if there is a glitch somewhere.
Thanks....Mike Bruni
Hi Mike, sorry you are experiencing this problem. I have not heard this from any one else yet and there have been no recent changes to the software this end. Are you sure that you have ticked the box which asks if you want it to remember the details for this site? It can be done via the forum interface itself or your browser probably also has this function. If any one else is having this issue please let me know.
Magda
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Hi Mike, sorry you are experiencing this problem. I have not heard this from any one else yet and there have been no recent changes to the software this end. Are you sure that you have ticked the box which asks if you want it to remember the details for this site? It can be done via the forum interface itself or your browser probably also has this function. If any one else is having this issue please let me know.
Magda

I have to log in most of the time, but I don't have to type in my ID and password. Those are remembered. If I close my browser or reboot, then I will have to log in. Otherwise, it I stay logged in.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
I never have to login. I wonder if the problem relates to an embedded security function in users browsers?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Thanks for your reply. I tried several different ways of logging in but none of them worked. I think that I have found the answer though. I use Firefox as a browser and have an add on called "Cookie Crusher". It automatically deletes cookies when I leave a website. I changed the setting for your site to not delete the cookies and it seems to be back to normal. I suspect that there may have been some small change in the cookies, as I have always had it set to delete before.

Anyway, I think I'm all set now. Keep up the good work.

Mike Bruni
That would have been it Mike! To keep the log in open there would be a cookie from the forum but now you've made an exception for the forum I'm sure you will be right.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
David Guyatt Wrote:I never have to login. I wonder if the problem relates to an embedded security function in users browsers?

I almost always have to log in. Name and password.
Go figure.
It is probably the way your browser is configured. Perhaps not to accept cookies from here (or any where). You can set it so it remember this site. It is safe to do so as the cookie is very simple and not a tracking one.

As well as 2 'Certificate Errors' to get here, I sometimes get logged-out unexpectedly, it's just happened again, but oddly, there was a 'green' light saying I was still in.
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."