Mathew E. Duke, suspected US. spy
executed by Castro firing squad

6/15/1960
Harry J. Dean, suspected US. spy
arrested, escaped execution

10/17/1960
Robert Tuller,suspected US. spy

Harry, Can you tell the story of how you escaped execution?
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Harry Dean Wrote:A RE-OCCURRING MEMORY

LA CABANA FORTRESS, HAVANA CUBA 1960

5/14/1960
Mathew E. Duke, suspected US. spy

6/15/1960
Harry J. Dean, suspected US. spy
arrested, escaped execution

10/17/1960
Robert Tuller,suspected US. spy

Harry, Can you tell the story of how you escaped execution?

Yes, although this and other important details are not mentioned in my 1990 manuscript/book, titled CROSSTRAILS
the entire story is outlined. After extremely brutal interrogation by Castro Militia my "answers" to them and past
history with 26th Of July Movement in the U.S. & etc. I was released, but closely followed and under suspicion until
leaving Cuba.
Was I the fool who fooled the cruel fools, then, and until it all ended for, and by me, in early 1965. Yes!
Harry's manuscript does contain documentation which the Cubans would have found interesting, like his membership card in the 26th of July Movement, documentation of his post as Secretary of the FPCC, and it contains a short account of his interrogation, but nothing about his release. Perhaps Harry really doesn't know why they released him.

Another good question is how did you (Harry) get back to the US? The portion of his life from interrogation in Cuba to becoming a family man is absent from Crosstrails.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Drew Phipps Wrote:Harry's manuscript does contain documentation which the Cubans would have found interesting, like his membership card in the 26th of July Movement, documentation of his post as Secretary of the FPCC, and it contains a short account of his interrogation, but nothing about his release. Perhaps Harry really doesn't know why they released him.

Another good question is how did you (Harry) get back to the US? The portion of his life from interrogation in Cuba to becoming a family man is absent from Crosstrails.

Because of my assistance to the Cuban Revolutionary cause I had been officially invited by Castro's government to visit the "New Cuba" and finally did so after being persuaded by U.S. Intelligence to accept the invitation or be charged as an unregistered agent of a foreign government (being a member of 26th Of July Cuban
Revolutionary Movement and other like connections) At that time I had a wife and two little sons.

When I arrived to visit Castro they expected I had been sent by the U.S. as a spy in spite of my pro-Castro Revolutionary extensive credentials. Upon return to U.S.
I was debriefed by CIA & FBI. I told them when they ask, that the people of Cuba would not rise against Castro if the U.S. invaded. Soon after my report the U.S. did invade Cuba.

Until 1965 I continued as an informant for FBI in Chicago then in Los Angeles. For many urgent personal considerations I publicly exposed much of it all in order to avoid the fear of further fearful associations with it all ( and to save my family existence which was always in jeopardy)
Harry sounds like you still have post traumatic responses to the events of those times. Which is not surprising. You cannot undo or change the past. But taking control of the circumstances and making yourself unsuitable to continue as an informant probably saved you and your family and may be many others as well. It's important to tell your story. Peace.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Sorry, Harry, I didn't snap to the fact that you already had a family at the time you went to Cuba. Crosstrails narrative of your life story kinda skips from your interrogation in Cuba, and your sabotage of the Tractors for Prisoners deal, to the Seventies. I assumed (wrongly) that the family came in that period of time.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."