Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Cross Examination
This snippet below is from the Warren Commission testimony of Michael Paine --à

Mr. Liebeler.

Did you ever observe or hear prior to the assassination that Lee Oswald had been practicing with a rifle?
Mr. Paine.
No, I didn't know prior to the assassination, we didn't know he had a rifle. I had supposed from my conversation with him back on Neely Street that he would like to have a rifle but I didn't gather that he did.

Please note the "Neely Street" reference...

For those of you who may not have already read Mr. Paine's full testimony, it is worthy of your attention if you find some time within your schedule today or otherwise. Be forewarned…be prepared for more than a few inconsistencies in his sworn testimony, thus the title of this thread. Time is something I don't have at the moment, but I'll revisit at some point over the next 48 hrs to take different portions of his testimony to task.

For a more detailed, intimate look at both Michael & Ruth Paine, the book "Destiny Betrayed" is highly recommended, authored by a pretty astute researcher.

Meanwhile, my focus within this thread will only be to take a few more snippets of Mr. Paine's testimony to challenge his recollection of events, especially his bogus recollection stated above, with a special emphasis upon "Neely Street". Will have to venture back to add some meat and potatoes, but today I leave you with this particular statement of his during his commission exchange w/Allen Dulles, discussing his initial impression of the wrongfully accused --à

Mr. Dulles.
Did you say anything to him about the activities of the Civil Liberties Union in connection with the defense of people accused of crimes under certain conditions?

Mr. Paine.
Yes; I am sure I told him that it came to the defense of all people who didn't seem to be receiving adequate help when it seemed to be an issue involving the Bill of Rights. I was then--that was a pang of sorrow that occurred after the assassination when I realized that he had then subsequently, a fortnight later, joined the ACLU, and still didn't quite seem to perceive its purpose, and then I realized--I had also perceived earlier that he was still a young fellow and I had been expecting rather a lot of him, when I first approached meeting him; this man had been to Russia and had been back
and I had been--met some others who had been around the world like that and they are powerful people.

Whoa there, Mr. Paine, careful now, don't go letting the cat out of the bag…

and, then there's this gem as well, courtesy of top-shelf researcher Martin Hay, …

Another suspicious event involving the Paines occurred on the day of the assassination. At 1:00 pm on November 22. 1963, Michael Paine placed a collect call to his wife to discuss Oswald's involvement in the assassination. While the telephone operator remained on the line, Michael Paine told his wife that he "Felt sure Lee Harvey Oswald had killed the President but was not responsible." Rather ominously he added, "We both know who is responsible." (FBI report of Robert C. Lish, November 26, 1963, JFK Document No. 105-82555-1437) The most extraordinary thing about this call is that it took place one hour before Oswald's arrest. For obvious reasons, the Warren Commission wanted to sweep this little problem under the rug as swiftly as possible. During Michael Paine's testimony, the ever resourceful commission attorney Wesley Liebeler changed the date of the call to the following day:

LIEBELER: Did you talk to your wife on the telephone at any time during Saturday, November 23?

One lie leads to another…back soon to expound further upon Mr. Paine's falsehood about meeting with the wrongfully accused at "Neely Street".

Lee Harvey Oswald is an innocent victim, exploited by lying treasonous cowards.
On Cross Examination, Several questions for Michael Paine (with the understanding I'm asking as a private citizen, not as a representative of this fine Forum)

Now, with that said, Mr. Paine, should you ever venture this way somehow...

*Under the penalty of perjury, Are you sure you met with Lee Harvey Oswald at 214 Neeley Street in April, 1963?

You didn't visit with the wrongfully accused at 214 Neeley Street, Did you?

How could you...At the time of your phantom visit that particular upstairs apartment was inhabited by a family with two young children (the wrongfully accused only had one child at that date and day, Mr. Paine, with his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] child being born much later in the year in mid-Fall). Are you going to come clean or continue to lie?

Speaking of lying...here's another lie...In your Warren Commission testimony in 1964 you said the wrongfully accused did not have a rifle upon your bogus visit to Neeley Street in April, 1963, yet in two separate interviews some 30 years hence--one in the early 90's and again here in the new millennium--you now say he not only had a rifle but you actually saw it. What's the truth, Mr. Paine? If you lied about that, what else are you lying about?

*In your telephone exchange with your wife Ruth on the afternoon of the assassination, What did you mean by conveying to her that you both knew who really was responsible for the president's demise? Feel free to elaborate, Mr. Paine. Dare you to...

In addition, Why was it so important to you and/or the Warren Commission to try to hide the actual date of this telephone call with your wife? Why was this exchange with your wife bumped ahead an extra day?. Somewhere I'm sure Pinocchio is blushing... Moving along...

*Why are your personal tax returns, including those of your wife Ruth withheld from public scrutiny due to "national security" reasons? No further questions.

--My questions above, Mr. Paine, arose from reading some exemplary research conducted by Mr. DiEugenio (Jim); Mr. Parker (Greg); Mr. Hay (Martin), Mr. Scully (Tom); the late Jim Garrison (RIP), etc. al

IF you find your way to these words, Mr. Paine, remember it's never too late to do the right thing. I know courage like that
doesn't grow on trees, but dare to right this wrong sir if you're a man instead of a mouse. What is it, Mr. Paine?

Cowboy up and come clean, or evoke "national security"?
Here's another feather foryour cap Alan

Mr. LIEBELER - Did the FBI or any other investigatory agency of the Government ever show you a picture of the rifle that was supposed to have been used to assassinate the President?
Mr. PAINE - They asked me at first, the first night of the assassination if I could locate, identify the place where Lee was standing when he was holding this rifle and some, the picture on the cover of Life.

'cept it was not found and brought back to DPD until 4:30pm Sat. - and that was only the negatives. There is no CSSS like this for the photos they supposedly also found.

Ooops
DJ

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8108&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   Rose got BYP negatives back only to lose one - composite.jpg (Size: 463.65 KB / Downloads: 26)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
David Josephs Wrote:Here's another feather foryour cap Alan

Mr. LIEBELER - Did the FBI or any other investigatory agency of the Government ever show you a picture of the rifle that was supposed to have been used to assassinate the President?
Mr. PAINE - They asked me at first, the first night of the assassination if I could locate, identify the place where Lee was standing when he was holding this rifle and some, the picture on the cover of Life.

'cept it was not found and brought back to DPD until 4:30pm Sat. - and that was only the negatives. There is no CSSS like this for the photos they supposedly also found.

Ooops
DJ

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8108&stc=1]

Nothing short of Brilliant, Mr. Josephs :Clap: keep up the exemplary research. Enjoy your day. Cheers!

*note to self: These guys Cross (Michael) and Josephs (David) know their stuff. Moreover, given all of these blatant lies amid the greatest cover up this nation has experienced, Why hasn't this case been reopened already?! Where are all the good, decent and honourable men & women in the United States Congress like Estes Kefauver (RIP) these days?