Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coup Underway in Turkey
Outcome unclear.

Erdogen calling for his supporters to flood the streets, which they are. Some shooting with injuries or fatalities.

EDIT: This appears to be very questionable coup attempt. The Army as a whole does not support the coup. A faction is supposedly sponsoring the coup. Wouldn't surprise me if this were one of Erdogen's stunts. Just sayin'.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Have just woken up to see this. Still finding the lay of the land. Might check out Sibel Edmonds and see what she has to say.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Have just woken up to see this. Still finding the lay of the land. Might check out Sibel Edmonds and see what she has to say.

It strikes me as a coup that breaks all the rules -- they haven't seized govt buildings, the communications, the leaders of the government with Erdogen calling out his supporters, no paratroopers dropped into the city center, etc. It strikes me as spectacle. Erdogen will use to to his advantage.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

Obviously I'm not buying this "coup." Let's not forget this news is drowning out: the release of the 28 pages. It didn't happen -- even though it happened.

It does appear a very sanitary "coup." It is said there are casualties, but I didn't see any "rebel" troops using even rudimentary non-lethal crowd control measures. Nor did I see any property damage, though I'm certain pictures of such is forthcoming. CNN Turkey didn't even stop broadcasting, though there is no one in the studio. Strange days.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Erdogan claims supporters of Fetullah Gulen behind coup with major geo-political implications. The source of this is Katehon whose leading expert is Alexander Dugin.

Quote:[FONT=&amp]A coup attempt has taken place in Turkey[/FONT][FONT=&amp]At this moment the fate of the country is being decided. A military group occupied the state television building where they transmitted message of seizing power. According to the military, they are holding hostage commander-in-chief and the government was also arrested. Earlier, Prime Minister of Turkey Binali Yildirim made a statement that the attempt of the rebellion has failed.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In a Skype, which was broadcast on the air of CNN Turk, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accused the supporters of Islamist leader Fetullaha Gülen in the organization of the coup. Fetullaha Gülen is residing in the United States, and cooperating with US intelligence agencies. Erdogan urged people to go out to the streets and prevent the coup. Where is Erdogan himself is currently unknown. Meanwhile, military helicopters attacked the presidential quarter in Ankara. In Ankara and Istanbul and other major cities, people go out to the streets, trying to stop the military vehicles.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]However, judging by the tanks in all cities of the country the Coup has the potential to end in the military's victory. While not reported exactly who led the coup. Military answered that they intend to restore democratic rights and freedoms. Open liberal rhetoric is the evidence in favor of the coup's Atlanticist orientation
[/FONT]

Washington's hand

[FONT=&amp]The military coup has obvious geopolitical implications. It comes after a sharp reversal in the direction of the relations of Turkey and Russia and changes on the Syrian issue made by the country's leaders . On last eve Binali Yildirim said that Turkey intends to restore relations with official Damascus. In essence, this would mean a radical change of the whole geopolitical situation on the Syrian issue and the collapse of the US strategy in the region. Before that Erdogan removed Ahmet Davutoglu from the country's leadership. US realized that Erdogan decided to change the geopolitical course. United States decided to act and use their networks of influence in military circles, to initiate a coup.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]We should expect reprisals against both the opposition, in favor of strengthening ties with Russia and Syria, as well as functionaries of the ruling party "Justice and Development". The pro-Russian course will be frozen.[/FONT]

This will really enhance Turkey's chance of admission to the EU, after they win the stability or acting award - perhaps both.:Clown:

I don't yet see any reaction from Edmonds, but I'm sure one interesting will soon be forthcoming. From the confusion and play-acting going on in Turkey, I'd think anyone would take some hours to hazard even a guess what is really going on. As others have pointed out, something is not right about this 'coup', who haven't even tried to take over government nor communications. It is more shadow boxing of some strange Turkish kind. Have they taken over anything other than the Ankara airport? I now hear it is 750 army personnel arrested - hardly large numbers, but others being invited to return to their posts under the 'old regime'. Ah yes, two bridges over the straits at Istanbul are apparently under old regime control in reaction to the 'coup'. Also some military planes flying over Ankara and Istanbul are reported. The so-called leader of the coup is shown very politely being handcuffed with plastic cuffs. He doesn't look very worried for his fate in the photo. The 'captured' former head of the military was 'freed' without even a scratch on his head or seemingly of anyone else. Five unnamed Generals detained, while all other Generals pledge support to old government. It seems like some very bad theater....a way of Erdogan getting public support and sympathy for his rule.

I think the general consensus in Istanbul now is that this is a ploy to be able to crack down on the population and have military rule by the old regime, not the by the 'coup'.....

...apparently reports of >60 deaths and a helicopter shot down..... I'd call it Coup-Light...very, very, very light...staged or welcomed by the old-regime, best I can see. This puts Turkey on par with South Sudan as far as stability and transparency goes. Turkey has a long history of real coups...this does NOT seem to be one of them.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
There was a newsclip of the recent NATO meeting where the delegates left the meeting two by two, Obama with Cameron and so on, but the last figure out was a very lonely looking Erdogan. No one would speak to him or appeared to acknowledge him. He was the nowhere man.

The clip then switched to the official dinner, when Cameron sat down next to Obama with Erdogan on his other side. Cameron blanked him altogether - obviously so - and then exchanged a glance with Obama that spoke volumes. I've tried to find this clip but have been unable to.

Anyway, this was hot on the heels of Erdogan's lettrr of apology to Putin. Clearly he was repositioning himself. Or trying to anyway.

My guess is that this event at NATO sent a clear message to the plotters. The US & NATO no longer trust him.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:There was a newsclip of the recent NATO meeting where the delegates left the meeting two by two, Obama with Cameron and so on, but the last figure out was a very lonely looking Erdogan. No one would speak to him or appeared to acknowledge him. He was the nowhere man.

The clip then switched to the official dinner, when Cameron sat down next to Obama with Erdogan on his other side. Cameron blanked him altogether - obviously so - and then exchanged a glance with Obama that spoke volumes. I've tried to find this clip but have been unable to.

Anyway, this was hot on the heels of Erdogan's lettrr of apology to Putin. Clearly he was repositioning himself. Or trying to anyway.

My guess is that this event at NATO sent a clear message to the plotters. The US & NATO no longer trust him.

There has always been antagonism between the Turkish Military [who are followers of Ataturk and his secular philosophy] and Erdogan and his gang [who want a Muslim religious-based Turkey]. To me the motive and impetus of the plotters is not clear yet - real mini-rebellion or false-flag to bolster Erdogan's position internally? In either case, Turkey's international status certainly has taken a big downward hit. I can understand the public coming out in the streets to oppose the 'coup', but I think they will feel used in the end. Most young educated Turks never want another military government or coup, even if they mostly do not like Erdogan. We haven't yet mentioned the Turkish Deep State which likely had their hands in this pie.

I agree that Erdogan's recent rapprochement with Putin probably won him no marks on his dance card at NATO.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building Totalitarianism in Europe – The Last Coup of Victoria Nuland David Guyatt 1 5,974 09-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Turkey Invades Syria Lauren Johnson 22 40,259 05-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The US & Russia in Secret Plan Against Turkey's Erdogan David Guyatt 4 6,438 05-06-2016, 08:21 AM
  BREAKING NEWS:Turkey street riots Keith Millea 57 19,770 14-07-2013, 01:54 PM
  Car crash in Turkey with deep implications. Magda Hassan 2 3,438 26-06-2013, 04:19 AM
  IRAN: US/Israeli "False Flag" attack may be underway James H. Fetzer 12 12,254 18-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Turkish general arrested over coup plot Ed Jewett 1 3,606 07-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Ivory Coast mercenary coup plot claims are absurd, says US David Guyatt 7 6,009 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
  Israel is seen as a central threat to Turkey Magda Hassan 1 3,028 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM
  A coup in Turkey before any attack on Iran ?? Peter Presland 14 8,888 16-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin