Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Spartacus Time!
It's time for the enemies of Putin's President to stand up and announce our opposition to this rigged election.

Start to organize for the 2018 mid-terms, raise our voices and put so many names on Trump's enemies list (hey Agent Orange, I get first in line!) we'll swamp this sack of shit.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8712&stc=1]
Thread seemed lonley.

Attached Files
.gif   for-against.gif (Size: 29.7 KB / Downloads: 17)
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."
Michael Barwell Wrote:[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8712&stc=1]
Thread seemed lonley.

It's like the song goes -- we've only just begun.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/us/tru...kland.html

Anti-Trump Demonstrators Take to the Streets in Several U.S. Cities

By THOMAS FULLERNOV. 9, 2016

Photo [Image: 10trumpprotest-master768.jpg]

A demonstration in Oakland, Calif., against the election of Donald J. Trump as president. Credit Jim Wilson/The New York Times BERKELEY, Calif. Chanting "Not my president," several hundred protesters streamed through the streets of Berkeley and Oakland in the predawn hours of Wednesday venting their anger at the election of Donald J. Trump as president. Demonstrations were also reported in Pittsburgh, Seattle and Portland, Ore.

The California Highway Patrol said that one protester, who was not identified, sustained major injuries after being hit by a car when protesters attempted to move onto a freeway.
The demonstration was one of the first visible signs of anger in the liberal and heavily Democratic San Francisco Bay Area after Mr. Trump's surprising victory.

From Pennsylvania to California, Oregon and Washington State, hundreds of people hit the streets, according to reports by local news media and The Associated Press. In Oregon, dozens of people blocked traffic in downtown Portland and forced a delay for trains on two light rail lines. The crowd grew to about 300 people, according to local reports, including some who sat in the middle of the road to block traffic. The crowd of anti-Trump protesters burned American flags and chanted "That's not my president."

In Seattle, a group of about 100 protesters gathered in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, blocked roads and set a trash bin on fire.

In Pennsylvania, hundreds of University of Pittsburgh students marched through the streets, with some in the crowd calling for unity. The student-run campus newspaper, The Pitt News, posted on Twitter about an event later Wednesday titled "Emergency Meeting: Let's Unite to Stop President Trump."

"We can't just sit back and let a racist and sexist become president," said Adam Braver, a 22-year-old political science student at the University of California, Berkeley, who marched with other protesters past empty fast-food restaurants in the early hours.

"He makes us look bad to the rest of the world," Mr. Braver said, as the demonstrators reached the outskirts of Oakland. The few cars on the road honked in apparent support of their efforts. "This is the beginning of a movement."

Marchers said the protest had begun spontaneously among students who had gathered on the Berkeley campus to watch the results.

When it became clear that Mr. Trump would win, students filled a wide avenue and began marching toward neighboring Oakland.

Daniel Colin, a graduate student in epidemiology and a naturalized American citizen from Guatemala, said the election marked the first time he had voted in the United States. "Now that I'm finally expressing my vote, this happens," Mr. Colin said of Mr. Trump's election. "It's very sad."

Mr. Colin and a number of other Latino students on the march said they were concerned about what would happen to their friends and relatives during a Trump presidency because of his stance on migrants from Latin America.

Daniel Austin, an African-American first-year student at the California College of the Arts in Oakland, said he felt threatened by Mr. Trump.

"I feel like a part of my identity was stolen away from me. Not as a bisexual. Not as a black," Mr. Austin said. "As an American."

Oakland officers attempted to block the marchers before they reached the police's headquarters. One demonstrator flashed a handmade sign to the police blocking their path that read, "Trump is a fascist pig."

The protesters dispersed after 3 a.m., but many vowed to return to the streets in the coming days.
Cliff Varnell Wrote:
Michael Barwell Wrote:[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8712&stc=1]
Thread seemed lonley.

It's like the song goes -- we've only just begun.

Yeah, i get that alot.

Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Cliff Varnell Wrote:It's time for the enemies of Putin's President to stand up and announce our opposition to this rigged election.

Start to organize for the 2018 mid-terms, raise our voices and put so many names on Trump's enemies list (hey Agent Orange, I get first in line!) we'll swamp this sack of shit.

I do not believe this election was rigged. I thought for sure Hillary would steal it otherwise I predicted Trump would win. People are just fed up with the Clinton and Bush options. Notice how quickly Jeb was gone. That should have been a big hint to Hillary.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Cliff Varnell Wrote:It's time for the enemies of Putin's President to stand up and announce our opposition to this rigged election.

I do not believe this election was rigged. I thought for sure Hillary would steal it otherwise I predicted Trump would win. People are just fed up with the Clinton and Bush options. Notice how quickly Jeb was gone. That should have been a big hint to Hillary.

You were right, Dawn, and I made the mistake of paying attention to the "expert" pollsters. However, if a few more millennials had gotten off their butts in a couple of states, it would have been a different outcome. Voter turnout is the key - it was only 55% this year; I really thought it would be higher.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:

I do not believe this election was rigged.

So in a two-party system you are okay with one party launching ceaseless, unrelenting investigations into every nook and cranny in the lives of the leaders of the opposition?

You're okay with this party using the major organs of communications to lie, embellish and manufacture non-existent "scandals' without so-called journalists challenging these lies, but rather repeating them endlessly?

You're okay with the director of the FBI coming out 11 days before the election to rip the scabs off the wounds these investigations left?

You're okay with the leader of a party threatening to jail the opposition leader on manufactured charges?

You're okay with foreign actors taking a role in our elections?

Sorry, Dawn -- that's not democracy.

That's fascism.

Quote:I thought for sure Hillary would steal it otherwise I predicted Trump would win.

Interesting accusation.

Tell us how Hillary was going to steal it.

Was Hillary going to pass Voter ID laws which disenfranchises hundreds of thousands or millions of elderly minorities and college kids?

Was she going to prohibit voting on the Sunday before the election -- traditionally a day for christian blacks to vote -- "Souls to the polls"?

Was she going to scrub the voter rolls of Republicans the way Jeb Bush did to Democrats in 2000 -- take the votes away from 90,000 people who shared the same name as someone convicted of a crime?

Was she going to get the head of the FBI to announce an investigation of Trump 11 days out from the election?

Tell us, Dawn, tell us how Hillary was going to steal it.

Quote:People are just fed up with the Clinton and Bush options.
[quote]

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in 2016 .

So these "people" to whom you refer are in a minority in this country.

What people were fed up with was hearing about "those damn e-mails."

I couldn't take it anymore starting about a month ago.

I enjoy watching cable news but whenever I turned it on and saw that fat ugly mug of Agent Orange, or one of his surrogates, or somebody talking about Hillary's e-mails -- I shut it off.

I'd go on Youtube and look for killer music vids and after a while I'd turn on the TV again and right away shut it off.

It was pure psychological abuse.

Americans were battered with bullshit about "those damn e-mails" and the only way to get the abuse to stop was vote Trump.

[quote]
Notice how quickly Jeb was gone. That should have been a big hint to Hillary.

She had it won until Comey/Assange/Putin went to work.

Some folks have a high degree of tolerance for living in an overt Fascist state.

Not me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Senior Time Magazine Journalist Can't Wait Until Drone Strike To Take Out Assange. Peter Lemkin 2 4,036 19-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  It's Bush Time: Jeb to run for POTUS? Jan Klimkowski 2 2,885 25-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski