Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protection protocols?
I'm trying to get some clarification on some of the oddities that Prouty has brought up, and that have always seemed odd to me as well. In particular, such as JFK being in the front limo and the open windows along the route. Would it have been Secret Service SOP to have been sure all those windows were closed? And did protocol normally dictate that JFK be in a more central limo rather than the front one? And the infamous video of the SS agent being waived off from running along/riding along JFK's limo...I've heard tell that JFK ordered the agents not to go along his limo...is that true? Shouldn't his detail have overruled him?
Can anyone enlighten this particulars?
Nancy Tresch-Reneau Wrote:I'm trying to get some clarification on some of the oddities that Prouty has brought up, and that have always seemed odd to me as well. In particular, such as JFK being in the front limo and the open windows along the route. Would it have been Secret Service SOP to have been sure all those windows were closed? And did protocol normally dictate that JFK be in a more central limo rather than the front one? And the infamous video of the SS agent being waived off from running along/riding along JFK's limo...I've heard tell that JFK ordered the agents not to go along his limo...is that true? Shouldn't his detail have overruled him?
Can anyone enlighten this particulars?

JFK did NOT order that any agents not do their usual tasks! This was an invented 'history' to justify the security stripping. You have mentioned only a FEW of the MANY things on the list of security stripping and breaking the well-established rules and standard security procedures for such a motorcade in a city. All those you mention are opposite of the SOP - in fact forbidden. There should have been many other precautions taken, that were not and I can't go into all of them - it would take me an hour of writing. Certainly the greater than 90 degree turn and slowing down of the motorcade are additional ones...but there are literally 40 others, if not more. You ask about his detail 'over-ruling' him - as he didn't tell them this it is moot, but one needs to consider that some [likely not all] in the Secret Service contingent were 'in' on the events - and acted accordingly throughout the day. It was NOT a series of mistakes - but a conspiracy of security striping to enable an assassination. The SS was not the only ones involved by a long shot!

Prouty was hardly the only one to notice this, but he made a point of often pointing it out as evidence of a plot - a well organized plot - and one that couldn't have been carried out by one or even a few 'lone' gunmen. A complete list of all the usual rules broken that day would be very long....but putting multiple sharpshooters around the plaza with radiomen and spotters next to them - as well as all the decoys and magic tricks pulled before/during/after were even more egregious than the standard precautions not taken. The security stripping and standard security rules not followed were part and parcel of the placement [and then removal] of the multiple shooters, diversions, decoys, etc. The entire 'magic show' was as masterful a bit of 'tradecraft' as it was evil [and a coup d'etat of the USA, from which we have not yet emerged].

Quote:By the way, welcome to the Forum!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
You posed some good questions, Nancy Tresch-Reneau

Mr. Lemkin's definitive response is spot on.

Another valued resource on all matters pertaining to the curious behavior of the Secret Service, and total lapse/breach in adequate security protection that fateful afternoon is JFK researcher Vincent Palamara.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Photo To me - Great Presidential Protection by the Secret Service et al. Peter Lemkin 5 4,920 03-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin