Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Hicks on JFK assassination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Fl9ZVJ7B8
Love it!
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Fl9ZVJ7B8
Love it!

Real Good!....but sadly the joke is on the American People for not doing something about it.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I like Hicks' response to those who say it was a long time ago and should be forgotten. Excellent.
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Love it!

Real Good!....but sadly the joke is on the American People for not doing something about it.

Too true. It's a strange world when someone like a comedian is the one to talk about the JFK hit and a music magazine tells us about our financial system. Where is the media? Isn't that what they say they do? Too busy controlling the news.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Love it!

Too true. It's a strange world when someone like a comedian is the one to talk about the JFK hit and a music magazine tells us about our financial system. Where is the media? Isn't that what they say they do? Too busy controlling the news.

Sadly, there really is almost no uncontrolled media anymore...just us comics and lone voices on the internet....
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Love it!

Yeah, Hicks was uncommonly substantial for a stand up comic. And he died unusually young, at the age of 32. Pancreatic cancer. I'm not saying I think it's related to his hard hitting social commentary--then again I'm open to the possibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

"He would invite his audiences to challenge authority and the existential nature of "accepted truth"...

”Much of Hicks' routine involved direct attacks on mainstream society, religion, politics and consumerism. Asked in a BBC interview why he cannot do a routine that appeals "to everyone", he said that such an act was impossible, counteracting it with a comment an audience member once made to him, namely "we don't come to comedy to think!", to which his reply is "gee, where do you go to think? I'll meet you there!"

Hicks would end some of his shows — and especially those being recorded in front of larger audiences as albums — with a mock "assassination" of himself on stage, making gunshot sound effects into the microphone and falling to the ground.

Bill Hicks talked often in his performances about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, mocking the Warren Report and the official version of a "lone nut assassin", pointing out flaws in the official story and how it couldn't possibly have happened that way. There are many clips of his talking to audiences about the JFK assassination on YouTube and other websites."

Dawn first told me about Hicks and I've always been grateful. More people need to know about him.
Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Love it!

Yeah, Hicks was uncommonly substantial for a stand up comic. And he died unusually young, at the age of 32. Pancreatic cancer. I'm not saying I think it's related to his hard hitting social commentary--then again I'm open to the possibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

"He would invite his audiences to challenge authority and the existential nature of "accepted truth"...

”Much of Hicks' routine involved direct attacks on mainstream society, religion, politics and consumerism. Asked in a BBC interview why he cannot do a routine that appeals "to everyone", he said that such an act was impossible, counteracting it with a comment an audience member once made to him, namely "we don't come to comedy to think!", to which his reply is "gee, where do you go to think? I'll meet you there!"

Hicks would end some of his shows — and especially those being recorded in front of larger audiences as albums — with a mock "assassination" of himself on stage, making gunshot sound effects into the microphone and falling to the ground.

Bill Hicks talked often in his performances about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, mocking the Warren Report and the official version of a "lone nut assassin", pointing out flaws in the official story and how it couldn't possibly have happened that way. There are many clips of his talking to audiences about the JFK assassination on YouTube and other websites."

Dawn first told me about Hicks and I've always been grateful. More people need to know about him.

I have extensively researched pancreatic cancer due to fact my mother died of it and I was primary researcher and care-giver. It is very deadly, but also VERY rare in people under 60-65!....not unknown, but VERY rare indeed. Of the types of inducable cancers I've heard of that is not one...but that means nothing, given my security clearances......I can name a few other political comedians who died before the median age...
Peter Lemkin Wrote:...I can name a few other political comedians who died before the median age...

Please do Peter.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Love it!

Well, by now it's an established fact in the US that "comedians" Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert deliver the legitimate news and commentary.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-snow...43646.html
"Jon Stewart: Still The Most Trusted Newscaster in America"

Meanwhile the mainstream media stays busy whining about how the internet put them out of business. Yeah right MM the internet is the problem, not your own failure to do your job decade after decade.
One of the gems from Hicks, appropriate here:

“I have this feeling man, ’cause you know, it’s just a handful of people who run everything, you know … that’s true, it’s provable. It’s not … I’m not a f**king conspiracy nut, it’s provable. A handful, a very small elite, run and own these corporations, which include the mainstream media. I have this feeling that whoever is elected president, like Clinton was, no matter what you promise on the campaign trail – blah, blah, blah – when you win, you go into this smoke-filled room with the twelve industrialist capitalist scum-f**ks who got you in there. And you’re in this smoky room, and this little film screen comes down … and a big guy with a cigar goes, “Roll the film.” And it’s a shot of the Kennedy assassination from an angle you’ve never seen before … that looks suspiciously like it’s from the grassy knoll. And then the screen goes up and the lights come up, and they go to the new president, “Any questions?” “Er, just what my agenda is.” “First we bomb Baghdad.” “You got it…” ”

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,010 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,694 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,780 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Bill Kelly on Angleton, Jefferson Morley, and Thomas Powers Anthony Thorne 5 13,184 11-06-2019, 04:50 AM
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 3,908 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,564 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 28,707 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK's Assassination Lauren Johnson 1 2,756 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The Key To a Successful Assassination is Control of Communications..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,245 21-01-2019, 06:30 AM
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 6,011 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser