Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Of America (And Its Executives) To Be Tried By Jury
Sacraficial lambs? Limited hang out? Or the first of many?

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/07/2009 20:01 -0500

In an ominous, one sentence disclosure just filed in Southern District Court of New York, the SEC has advised that it will demand a trial by jury for "all issues so triable." It appears the common man will finally have his say. Woe to ex-CEO Ken Lewis.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bank-am...tried-jury
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Sacraficial lambs? Limited hang out? Or the first of many?

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/07/2009 20:01 -0500

In an ominous, one sentence disclosure just filed in Southern District Court of New York, the SEC has advised that it will demand a trial by jury for "all issues so triable." It appears the common man will finally have his say. Woe to ex-CEO Ken Lewis.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bank-am...tried-jury

Just sounds too good to be true.....I think there must be a Catch-22 in this somewhere.....cynical me. :bebored: AIG and Goldman-with-the-stacks need to be tried - along with all their fellows and protectors......that'll be the day...
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Fingers crossed! It's the sort of thing that is needed (the first of many) if any public regard is ever to return to the financial markets.

Here's wishing...
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Cynic that I am, I assume it means that the relevant BoA execs are dispensable and don't dare spill the beans.

Enron's Kenneth Lay thought he was a made man, a Bush Family insider. Jed had phoned Argentina's President to tell him to sell the country's national grid to Enron - in the interests of market liberalization, ya know. Dubya knew Lay as "Kenny boy".

When Enron blew, Lay was arrested and handcuffed on camera, for primetime viewing, and then Kenny Boy had a very timely heart attack.

Whatever, I doubt Lay had the cojones to tell the truth.....
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
I don't think Kenny Boy is really dead......Yeah,I'm way cynical too.

:captain:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Keith Millea Wrote:I don't think Kenny Boy is really dead......Yeah,I'm way cynical too.

I don't either. I think he's livin' la dolce morte somewhere in South America.
I am cynical enough to think that certain scapegoats are given
new lives in foreign countries to keep otherwise facts hidden.

The trial and execution of McVeigh seemed peculiar to me.

Others are just paid blackmail, like the Zapruder family. Some
people have made provisions to keep themselves safe...like
blackmail material stashed with attorneys.

Jack
Bear Stearns ex-managers on trial

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8304236.stm

Quote:Two former managers at investment bank Bear Stearns are appearing in court in New York facing fraud charges.

[Image: _44763240_cioffi_ap_226b.jpg]

Ralph Cioffi and Matthew Tannin, who managed two failed hedge funds that collapsed in June 2007, could be jailed for 20 years if convicted.

They deny allegations that they knew of the funds' problems but did not inform investors, who lost $1.4bn (£709m).

They are among the first financial executives to face charges since the global financial crisis began.

The hedge funds bet on the high-risk sub-prime mortgage market in the US before they collapsed.

Their closure was one of the first signs of the problems in the sub-prime market, which triggered a massive loss of confidence in financial markets.

Both men deny charges of fraud and conspiracy, while Mr Cioffi has denied an additional charge of insider trading.

Proceedings in Brooklyn federal court have begun with the selection of the jury getting under way. Opening arguments are expected later in the week.

Sub-prime 'worry'

The BBC's Michelle Fleury in New York says prosecutors intend to use the two men's own words against them, thanks to e-mails obtained by investigators and quoted in the indictment.

These include an e-mail that Mr Cioffi sent to Mr Tannin in March 2007 in which he states: "The worry for me is that sub-prime losses will be far worse than anything people have modelled."

According to the papers, the two men subsequently told senior Bear Stearns personnel that the funds were "in good shape and would continue to be successful".

Sub-prime mortgages, which are loans issued to people with a poor credit history, were repackaged as securities and sold across the globe.

The collapse of these hedge funds preceded Bear Stearns' own demise in 2008.

It was later bought by JP Morgan, with the backing of the US Federal Reserve.

Bear Stearns was one of the most high-profile victims of the credit crunch, which was triggered by bank losses linked to the US housing market.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Keith Millea Wrote:I don't think Kenny Boy is really dead......Yeah,I'm way cynical too.

Interesting you should mention that.....I used to live in Aspen and knew his home in Snowmass. Isolated in a small community. Would be VERY easy to fake his death, fly him out via local airport in private plane and disappear to some S. Sea Island et al. No autopsy. No officials saw the body. Private service...etc. Probably has a new identity with which to spend others money.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wells Fargo bank exec, who supervised creation of 2 mllion fake accounts, scores $125M payday Drew Phipps 0 5,025 13-09-2016, 01:32 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Deutsche Bank Blows Lid on Cartel who Fixes Gold Price David Guyatt 7 7,725 23-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Iceland looks at removing commercial bank money making Magda Hassan 2 6,991 16-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank Magda Hassan 2 6,764 21-03-2015, 09:30 AM
  The World Bank - Exporting Debt Bondage as a Weapon of Control David Guyatt 0 3,048 01-02-2015, 12:26 PM
  What Happens When Anonymous Gets a Bank? Magda Hassan 62 23,930 16-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Game Changer - The New BRICS Development Bank David Guyatt 14 10,721 13-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Vatican Bank Magda Hassan 47 32,493 25-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Did Bank of England allow forex market manipulation? David Guyatt 6 3,997 21-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Bill Black: How to Rob a Bank Lauren Johnson 1 2,384 13-03-2014, 10:12 AM