Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy punished for cutlery breach

More insanity from an insane place. Having a knife in the context of lunch time and food and eating is perfectly normal and reasonable at least for perfectly normal and reasonable people it is. To make matters worse they want to punish this 6 year old for this 'security' breach. "45 days in the brig for you young man!" If it were my child I would never again subject my child to this 'educational' institution again. I wonder what other really strange ideas they have there?

Boy punished for cutlery breach

[Image: _46544088_000103732-1.jpg] Knives are banned under the school's dangerous instruments policy

A six-year-old American boy has been ordered to spend 45 days at a school for troublemakers after he brought his favourite camping cutlery to school.
Zachary Christie took out the combination knife, fork and spoon at lunch, in violation of the school policy of not bringing in knives.
Zachary agreed that knives should not be in school but said the punishment was "not fair", he told CBS News.
Hundreds of people are expected at a school board meeting about the issue.
Downes Elementary School, in Newark, Delaware, operates a zero tolerance policy on knives, banning them as dangerous instruments.
Officials said they were forced to act regardless of Zachary's age or what he planned to do with the knife, the Associated Press reported.
School board member John Mackenzie said the board could change its policy.
"The policy, of course, needs some additional flexibility," he told AP.
"Politically, zero tolerance is what everybody clamours for, until we start to realise how harsh zero tolerance can be."
Suspension appeal
In other cases school officials have ignored the policy and Mr Mackenzie said he was surprised this had not happened in Zachary's case.
Zachary and his mother supported the policy but were unhappy with its implementation.
He said: "I agree that they shouldn't bring dangerous weapons to school but I don't think the punishment should be this bad.
"It's not fair."
His mother, Debbie Christie, is home-schooling him and is to appeal her son's suspension.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Was it one of those Swiss Army Knives?

If it had been an American army knife, he'd have been given a merit badge, automatic enrollment in Jr. ROTC, four of the latest versions of some gruesome GWOT video games, a letter from his Congress-critter in his student files, a year's worth of MRE's, guaranteed post-grad employment with Xe, and his school would have had a visit from Arne Duncan, Obama's education tzar whoi militarized and privatized public education in Chicago, and a free piped-in broadcast of Obama's Peace Prize award acceptance.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
:congrats::hahaha:
Sad but true.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Army considers middle-school JROTC program 12 Oct 2009 The U.S. Army wants middle school students. The Wichita school district in south-central Kansas is one of a few nationwide offering middle school programs based on the Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps curriculum. Top Army officials are studying its programs to see if they could be a model for others nationwide. The Army is collaborating with the National Association of School Boards to develop a so-called JROTC-plus program that would use the high school JROTC curriculum as a basis for a middle school program, Army JROTC director Col. John Vanderbleek said.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
If only he had used the approved knife he would not be in this situation.
[Image: hitler_youth_knife.jpg]
[Image: hitler_youth2.jpg]

[Image: zzzHitlerYouth.jpg]

[Image: hitleryouth_wideweb__470x380,0.jpg]

[Image: hilter-youth-mind-contol.jpg]

These children are potential terrorists with dangerous weapons of mass destruction. Scary!!!:
[Image: dsc_6260-300x199.jpg]

[Image: Image1_292.jpg]
[Image: Kids%20eating%20at%20small%20table.jpg]

It is the utter madness of the politically and "terrorist" correct. Common sense and decency are dispatched to la la land while tiny, incapable minds thrive and are rewarded.

What a disgrace.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14