Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Sinatra
Thanks for the suggestion, Charles, but I have made
a photogrammetric comparison and rule out that Sinatra
was in Dealey Plaza.

Jack

Attached Files
.jpg   sinatracomp.jpg (Size: 11.27 KB / Downloads: 21)
Jack,

Most folk won't understand your reference.

In a PM I'd asked Jack to post the two views of so-called Lamp Post Man which I've added to the next post.

There are two points to be made:

1. In the cropped version, the right hand of LPM seems to be grasping flag bunting draped from the post. In the fuller version, that bunting is not visible -- at least to me.

2. To underscore my point about the unreliability of non-scientific, look-a-like IDs, I suggested -- tongue partially in cheek -- that the man to LPM's immediate right is a Frank Sinatra look-a-like.

Of course Ol' Blue Eyes likely was not in Dealey Plaza on that swingin' afternoon when JFK ended up doobey-doobey-dead. But I trust you'll take my point; more likely comparisons are provided.

Swing easy ...

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - FULL LAMP POST MAN-SINATRA CROPPED - WHITE.jpg (Size: 25.99 KB / Downloads: 7)
.jpg   JFK - SINATRA COMPARISON PHOTO 1 CROPPED.jpg (Size: 3.05 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   JFK - SINATRA COMPARISON PHOTO 2 CROPPED.jpg (Size: 6.98 KB / Downloads: 8)
And now for our Lucky Strike Extra -- The Amazing Disappearing Bunting!

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - FULL - NOT - LAMP POST MAN - HOLDING BUNTING - WHITE.jpg (Size: 91.65 KB / Downloads: 31)
.jpg   JFK - FULL LAMP POST MAN-SINATRA - WHITE.jpg (Size: 80.85 KB / Downloads: 31)
For Jack, Jim, and all others with keen eyes:

Do you see what I see?

I'm quite serious about this: Do you see a significant disparity between the full and cropped Lamp Post Man views as I posted them above? Is he holding onto flag bunting in the latter that is not visible in the former?

And if flag bunting was not hanging from lamp posts that day, then what am I seeing and describing as such? It certainly appears to be fabric to these eyes.
Charles Drago Wrote:And now for our Lucky Strike Extra -- The Amazing Disappearing Bunting!

Charles I'm not too keen on photo ID stuff,but I'll take a guess at this.In the first photo LPM is holding the bunting with only his right hand.There is also a person just below him that has a grip on the bunting with his right hand.Now,in the second photo LPM has grabbed the bunting with his left hand also.I think this left hand grab up higher has the effect of making the bunting look like it's straight as a pole.That's the only explanation that I can come up with. :dontknow:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
So am I,one of only a few that post here that is not a Kennedy researcher gonna be the only one to follow up on Charles question?????????

:dontknow:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Keith Millea Wrote:
Charles Drago Wrote:And now for our Lucky Strike Extra -- The Amazing Disappearing Bunting!

Charles I'm not too keen on photo ID stuff,but I'll take a guess at this.In the first photo LPM is holding the bunting with only his right hand.There is also a person just below him that has a grip on the bunting with his right hand.Now,in the second photo LPM has grabbed the bunting with his left hand also.I think this left hand grab up higher has the effect of making the bunting look like it's straight as a pole.That's the only explanation that I can come up with. :dontknow:

Keith - your interpretation may be the correct one.

Fundamentally though, blurred or out-of-focus images which presumably are not first generation (ie they have been reproduced through one or more image generations), are very difficult to interpret.

The software that I am aware of that can turn an image that was originally blurred into a sharp image uses probability-based algorithms. Which, in turn, introduces an additional set of problems.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Keith Millea Wrote:So am I,one of only a few that post here that is not a Kennedy researcher gonna be the only one to follow up on Charles question?????????

:dontknow:

Thanks, Keith, for what seems like a reasonable explanation.

I'll check various photo resources to establish that in fact bunting was hanging from poles that day.

Why go down this narrow country lane of research?

For me, it's to demonstrate that the sort of photo ID on which so much prestige is being wagered simply isn't worth the risk.

Or is that really Frank Sinatra?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mafia plot to smear Kennedys using Frank Sinatra and Marilyn Monroe Bernice Moore 0 2,199 13-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore