Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Gates Promotes Nuclear Energy Breakthrough?
Bill Gates on energy: Innovating to zero!

"At TED2010, Bill Gates unveils his vision for the world's energy future, describing the need for "miracles" to avoid planetary catastrophe and explaining why he's backing a dramatically different type of nuclear reactor. The necessary goal? Zero carbon emissions globally by 2050."
"The mediator between the head and the hands must be the heart” - Fritz Lang (Metropolis - 1926)
Erik Bellar Wrote:Bill Gates on energy: Innovating to zero!

"At TED2010, Bill Gates unveils his vision for the world's energy future, describing the need for "miracles" to avoid planetary catastrophe and explaining why he's backing a dramatically different type of nuclear reactor. The necessary goal? Zero carbon emissions globally by 2050."
Why do people entertain this man? His opinion on all sorts of things are treated seriously like the word of god from on high. My belief is he mostly stole others ideas in the first place then puts the stolen ideas together in a substandard package for $100's when it is all available for free. But then the biggest crooks and thieves are made kings and worshipped in a place where the whole system is based on theft. He supports monoploy and makes people/systems/departments/etc dependent on his second rate product. He co-operates, for commercial purposes, with the intel world at home and abroad in repression and abuses peoples privacy. His myth is that he was a self made man. Sure. If you overlook his father, very well off, is a contract lawyer and bank rolled him and set him up till he got on his feet and was able to market the stolen ideas and push it on to the gullible mass market. In addition he is a hypocrite as he sits on a board wanting all the brown people of the world that can't purchase Windows software, because they are so poor they don't even have a phone yet or running water in their homes, not to have children while he and his missus pop out 3 (which is more than replacement) of their own and they will consume more than most of sub-Saharan Africa in ecological resources just because they can buy it. But it seems too much of a 'miracle' for Bill to keep his trouser snake under control.

More nuclear energy is not the way to go. There is enough to deal with decommissioning the ones we have already. And it is the public which has to pay for it and deal with the outfall, economic and health wise. It is uneconomical and can only exist through corporate welfare. It is even more dangerous than coal. Catastrophically so. There already exists the clean technology to power our world. But it also needs us to have less consumption and to focus on needs, not wants and greeds. But that is bad for business profits under a capitalist system. Bill is a corporate man and his solutions are corporate solutions. Nuclear energy is a corporate wet dream. Even if it is thorium based not uranium. It is still deadly and dirty. Just for 500 years instead of 500,000.

He is just using the economic crisis and global warming to push the corporate agenda. But it is such an agenda that caused all of that in the first place. But Bill wont go there. He is a man with no ideas.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Go Magda! :flowers:

NSSM 200: aka the Kissinger Doctrine.

Gates is part of a small group of ridiculously rich white people funding the population control agenda:

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...l+gates%22

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/....php?t=620

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/....php?t=958

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...l+gates%22
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Those trouser snakes are always causing problems.It's best to just hit them on the head with a golf club,and then stand back and watch them shrivel up and play dead. [Image: smilielol5.gif]
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
It was interesting to note the assembly of TED attendees gave Billy Boy a standing O. Hmmmm... I have never been impressed by the man nor his methods nor the empire he has created. (on a side note, nor endeared to him by virtue of the hundreds of hours I have spent debugging his cruddy software). I find it appalling that members of TED would give a standing O to promote the most poisonous and disastrous technology ever conceived by man. We as members of living things would do the world a favor by developing low tech, sustainable technologies such as solar electric and solar thermal, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass, and tidal energy systems. These systems could be integrated into smart grids for balancing and load distribution. But by far, the greatest solutions to the energy problems are co-generation, reduction of use, and conservation. All these objectives could be attained with a "man on the moon" urgency of the 1960's. That requires true intelligence. That requires vision unclouded by greed. That accomplishment is possible with leadership from the bottom up, not the top down. That means Us, Not Billy Boy.
"The mediator between the head and the hands must be the heart” - Fritz Lang (Metropolis - 1926)
Erik Bellar Wrote:It was interesting to note the assembly of TED attendees gave Billy Boy a standing O. Hmmmm... I have never been impressed by the man nor his methods nor the empire he has created. (on a side note, nor endeared to him by virtue of the hundreds of hours I have spent debugging his cruddy software). I find it appalling that members of TED would give a standing O to promote the most poisonous and disastrous technology ever conceived by man. We as members of living things would do the world a favor by developing low tech, sustainable technologies such as solar electric and solar thermal, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass, and tidal energy systems. These systems could be integrated into smart grids for balancing and load distribution. But by far, the greatest solutions to the energy problems are co-generation, reduction of use, and conservation. All these objectives could be attained with a "man on the moon" urgency of the 1960's. That requires true intelligence. That requires vision unclouded by greed. That accomplishment is possible with leadership from the bottom up, not the top down. That means Us, Not Billy Boy.
Oh, absolutely Erik! :tee: We already have the technology and the people with ideas. Billy Boy is bereft of real ideas. As are his groupies.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
If tomorrow I invented a black box that produced 100 KW of clean, free electricity for 100 years, as soon as Bill Gates and his ilk get a hold of it, your electricity rates will surely continue to climb.

There. I am slowly overcoming the indoctrinations of my youth (thanks, Magda Smile)

-Bruce
"If you're looking for something that isn't there, you're wasting your time and the taxpayers' money."

-Michael Neuman, U.S. Government bureaucrat, on why NIST didn't address explosives in its report on the WTC collapses

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accident Took Place At Ukraine Nuclear Power Plant Magda Hassan 2 12,716 04-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Private equity bets on energy 'revolution'—in oil and gas Magda Hassan 0 11,004 19-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Energy and the Human Journey: Where We Have Been; Where We Can Go - Wade Frazier Magda Hassan 11 24,648 27-10-2014, 03:29 PM
  The Energy Racket Magda Hassan 5 25,345 18-03-2014, 11:30 PM
  UK nuclear workers told to stay home as radioactivity rises Magda Hassan 5 14,284 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM
  Paid nuclear shills? Magda Hassan 0 5,555 14-01-2014, 02:25 PM
  No future in nuclear says former nuclear industry big kahuna. Magda Hassan 0 3,291 14-11-2013, 03:35 AM
  Thorium, Not The Nuclear Savior Claimed Magda Hassan 1 3,928 11-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Nuclear energy or free energy? David Guyatt 0 3,591 21-10-2013, 10:17 AM
  Patent filing claims solar energy ‘breakthrough’ Magda Hassan 3 6,549 28-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith