Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politicsforum.org
http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/

It's huge.
I wonder if we'll be that big.

It seems like a really interesting forum.

On edit: I changed the Title from "Hey! Look what I found." to the current one because the original title was uninformative.
Amazing. Maybe it's too big. I went over to the history section and parts of it were like a ghost town--there was a post from a moderator pleading with readers to post.

The political discussion and today's news sections are pretty good, though.
Mark Stapleton Wrote:Amazing. Maybe it's too big. I went over to the history section and parts of it were like a ghost town--there was a post from a moderator pleading with readers to post.

The political discussion and today's news sections are pretty good, though.

Yeah, it's really honkin' big.
I also noticed that their links page has some dead links.
I hate when that happens.

But I am pleased with the number of forums devoted to discussing facts instead of myths.
Wow, they have an "Announcements" section.
I wish I could think of an announcement.
You could announce the opening of an announcment section - for announcements of upcoming lectures, meetings, on-line live feeds, momentous changes with the Forum, etc.

As a matter of fact, before this Forum hopefully gets large, I'd think it would be a good idea, if not too much work to make more topics; [divide-up] some now into separate areas, and put the existing threads into them. I've also posted a few threads I felt really didn't fit well into any of the existing catagories, so think there should always be one called 'Other', or some such - which you can decide if it should start-off a new topic heading or just remain in 'other'. Just my 2 cents.
Peter Lemkin Wrote:You could announce the opening of an announcment section - for announcements of upcoming lectures, meetings, on-line live feeds, momentous changes with the Forum, etc.

Appreciate the suggestions Peter.
In some ways an "Announcements" folder would be nice.
Then again it may just underscore an embarrassing dearth of anything to announce. :o

But if people think we should have that section we'll, of course, consider it.

Peter Lemkin Wrote:...
As a matter of fact, before this Forum hopefully gets large, I'd think it would be a good idea, if not too much work to make more topics; [divide-up] some now into separate areas, and put the existing threads into them. I've also posted a few threads I felt really didn't fit well into any of the existing catagories, so think there should always be one called 'Other', or some such - which you can decide if it should start-off a new topic heading or just remain in 'other'. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I've had the same problem with an orphan post that doesn't belong anywhere. Like this one: http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/....php?t=254 We want to be careful that we don't have so many folders that it's just a confusing spaghetti mess, but I do think we could use a couple more.

Aside from "Other" does anyone have suggestions for additional folders?

What's an appropriate folder name for world hot spots like Israel? ... "World Hot Spots"?
'Geographical hot spots'?
Geo-politics'?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:'Geographical hot spots'?
Geo-politics'?

Yeah. I like 'Geographical hot spots." Should we add it?
How about a "Deep Politics Miscellany" as a repository for all such posts?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
No one is using Op-Ed. Should we keep this, delete this or change it to the Miscellaneous forum that David suggested?

Shall I go ahead and make a Geo-Political hot spots forum? In time for the next guerre de jour?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.