Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parapolitical thought for the day
Parapolitical thought for the day:

Quote:"As it always is between courtiers and the crown, the essential do ut des transacted between power and the scribes of the Left is one of fame and favor in exchange for 'oppositional' propaganda consonant with deep political strategies,"

Guido Giacomo Preparata, The Ideology of Tyranny (NY, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007)
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
Fanatics - don't you just love 'em? The CIA does:

Quote:"In any country where frustration is general there are bound to be fanatics, or latent fanatics, just waiting to be awakened by the right messiah...They are beautifully expendable,"

Miles Copeland. The Game of Nations: The Amorality of Power Politics (London: Weidenfeld, 1969), pp.172-3
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche
Paul Rigby Wrote:Fanatics - don't you just love 'em? The CIA does

As does MI5-6 - especially Muslim ones.

Quote:"In any country where frustration is general there are bound to be fanatics, or latent fanatics, just waiting to be awakened by the right messiah...They are beautifully expendable,"
and/or, Beautifully: gullible, egotistical, suggestible, agent-provocateur-able - take your pick, they all have there uses eh?

Wherever would our esteemed SIS's be without 'em in fact? - up the creek without a paddle I'd say.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Parapolitical thought for today:

Quote:"In the light of what has happened, I would take a chance on this country using its strength tyrannously…We need, if you will, a Pax Americana,"

John J. McCloy, Warren Commission member, in a letter to fellow Philadelphian George Wharton Pepper, within Kai Bird's The Chairman: John J. McCloy: The Making of the American Establishment (NY: Simon & Schuster, 1992), p.661.

NB: McCloy's quote is not to be confused with an extract from John F. Kennedy's speech, delivered at the American University in Washington, June 10, 1963, in the course of which he said:

Quote:"What kind of peace do I mean and what kind of peace do we seek? NOT a Pax Americana enforced on the world by weapons of war…"

I am delighted to have prevented any kind of misunderstanding in the matter.

Joseph Fouche
When did John J McCloy utter his statement? Was it before or after the Dealey Plaza hunt? And in what context? I'm wondering if JFK's wasn't in response to McCloy's. Or vis-a-versa.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:When did John J McCloy utter his statement? Was it before or after the Dealey Plaza hunt? And in what context? I'm wondering if JFK's wasn't in response to McCloy's. Or vis-a-versa.

From memory, Maggie, at the end of WWII or thereabouts, in the course of a private correspondence with said fellow-lawyer (?). McCloy shortly thereafter went off to Germany to superintend the re-employment of any Nazis he could lay his hands on.

I am temporarily unable to lay my hands on the tome in question due to a leak, miserably misdiagnosed by a motley succession of Cuban plumbers, which caused me to evacuate my boxed books to less aquatic climes. I shall clamber through the garage in question later today in pursuit of the wandering Bird, not least because my handwritten notes have a record for reliability usually to be found only in a political manifesto.

Joseph Fouche
Sturgis and Co.
Master Plumbers.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Sturgis and Co.
Master Plumbers.

They certainly fixed the problem for Langley.

Joseph Fouche
Parapolitical thought for the day, from G.K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday:

Quote:"The work of the philosophical policeman is at once bolder and more subtle than that of the ordinary detective. The ordinary detective goes to pot-houses to arrest thieves; we go to artistic tea-parties to detect pessimists."

Joseph Fouche
With apologies to Karl Kraus:

Quote:"Spooks tell lies to their assets in the media and academia, then pretend to believe what they read."

Joseph Fouche

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Even a "gatekeeper" HZinn is too much freedom of thought for the NEOCONS, I knew they are stupid Jim Hackett II 0 2,743 17-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II