Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder of Black Panthers linked to JFK assassination?
I was attending high school in Chicago when the Chicago police and FBI assaulted an apartment where Fred Hampton and several other Black Panthers were staying. Hampton and several others whose names I've forgotten were killed. Subsequent investigation showed that all of the shots were fired into the apartment and the Black Panthers fired no shots so the police weren't merely defending themselves as they had claimed. It was an official execution. Some years later someone told me Fred Hampton was murdered because he knew something about the JFK assassination, that he was in Dallas at the time and saw something or someone that he shouldn't. That was all the information I could get and it certainly sounds only like an unverifiable rumor and in all of my reading and research I've never come across a mention of Fred Hampton and the events in Dallas. Does anyone have any information on this?
Welcome to the forum David. It is an interesting thought. I have no idea on this as I have not heard it before. In any case, if he did or did not go to Dallas matters not at all. I think the FBI had their own reasons to assassinate Hampton and other Black Panthers. For sure it was an extra-judicial execution. Free milk and breakfast for school children is terrifying for some. Salvador Allende wanted free milk for school children too.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Thank you for your comments but I can't quite agree that it doesn't matter whether or not there was a connection between the deaths of Fred Hampton and JFK. In a conspiracy the size and magnitude of the JFK assassination all of the evidence can't be destroyed or suppressed, not everyone can be silenced. There must be a few loose ends somewhere that can reveal more details of the conspiracy. Perhaps this is a possible loose end. It's like a detective following every trail and clue even if they eventually lead nowhere. Just as I feel an obligation to do everything I possibly can to uncover the truth behind JFK's death then Fred Hampton deserves to have the truth brought out about his murder. It's a little late for justice but maybe not for the truth.
Of course any victim of any crime is entitled to truth and justice and we as as a are society entitled to the same. So any truth or justice that can be got for Hampton is an honorable and right thing. I am just unaware of any connection between him and Dallas and see him and his comrades, for all sorts of reasons, a threat to the established powers, nothing to do with any JFK connections. I hope you find the truth.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I appreciate your comments. You're completely right. In 20 years of study and research I've never come across a link between the murders of Hampton and JFK. That doesn't mean there isn't a link but even if there is one I realize what an impossible task it would be to prove it. Where do you start? That's why I posed the question to the experienced long time researchers like yourselves who might have heard about any such connection. I thought it was worth a try because I haven't been able to find a starting point. Even if I was back in Chicago and got the police and FBI files on the raid they wouldn't show any connection. I was told this when I was in SDS in 70 or 71 and I can't even remember who said it. I didn't give it any attention at the time because, like you, I thought the Black Panthers were murdered because of their threat to the political structure. The staus quo didn't need any other reason to murder them. But ever since I started researching the JFK assassination this possible link has bothered me but if no one else knows of a connection then obviously it's a dead end.
Executed in his sleep no less.
Yeah, that was a particularly horrifying illustration of the police state.

There are a few threads on Fred Hampton here; just search on his name.

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...ed+Hampton

The story behind the destruction of the Black Panthers certainly deserves attention.
Thanks for your comments and appreciate the links you've given me. I'll certainly read them. I thought it was proven that Fred Hampton was asleep when he was murdered but I didn't put it in because I wasn't sure and the story is fantastic enough without that fact. I didn't want to be accused of embellishing anything. Yes, whether or not there is a link to JFK, and has been pointed out to me, there probably isnt one, the murder of the Black Panthers should be noted and remembered.
I'm reminded of another brutal execution by the Chicago police. This was before my time and growing up in Chicago I never heard a mention of this incident. I didn't learn of it until I came across it in some material I had on labor unions in the 30's.
Everyone knows of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre where 7 gangsters were killed and all of the outcry and brouhaha it created. The public outrage, etc etc. Yet on Memorial Day in 1937 the Chicago police, without provocation, opened fire on peaceful workers picketing a steel company at 116th st. in South Chicago and 10 workers were killed and scores wounded. The picketers had nothing more dangerous than picket signs in their hands and yet 10 were killed, one more than the horrifying massacre 8 years previous. These were peaceful citizens striking for better conditions and they were murdered by the Chicago police. This wasn't a case of gangsters murdering fellow gangsters so you might wonder where all of the public outrage was? I'm sure you wouldn't be shocked at the news that these murders were suppressed by the media. There was a film crew, a Hollywood newsreel team, which captured this event on film. and another shock, the government suppressed the film.
Just another day in Chicago.
David Purcell Wrote:I appreciate your comments. You're completely right. In 20 years of study and research I've never come across a link between the murders of Hampton and JFK. That doesn't mean there isn't a link but even if there is one I realize what an impossible task it would be to prove it. Where do you start? That's why I posed the question to the experienced long time researchers like yourselves who might have heard about any such connection. I thought it was worth a try because I haven't been able to find a starting point. Even if I was back in Chicago and got the police and FBI files on the raid they wouldn't show any connection. I was told this when I was in SDS in 70 or 71 and I can't even remember who said it. I didn't give it any attention at the time because, like you, I thought the Black Panthers were murdered because of their threat to the political structure. The staus quo didn't need any other reason to murder them. But ever since I started researching the JFK assassination this possible link has bothered me but if no one else knows of a connection then obviously it's a dead end.

David:

What is the SDS?

John
SDS = Students for a Democratic Society

See link below for a wiki intro of an important, complex, highly controversial and ultimately spookily penetrated sixties movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_fo...ganization

See also DPF threads here:

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...hlight=sds

"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:SDS = Students for a Democratic Society

See link below for a wiki intro of an important, complex, highly controversial and ultimately spookily penetrated sixties movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_for_a_Democratic_Society_(1960_organization

See also DPF threads here:

Thanks for the info.

John

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,045 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,703 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,803 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 3,928 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,575 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 28,841 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK's Assassination Lauren Johnson 1 2,768 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The Key To a Successful Assassination is Control of Communications..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,249 21-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 6,022 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Michele Metta's CMC. THE ITALIAN UNDERCOVER CIA AND MOSSAD STATION AND THE ASSASSINATION OF JFK Anthony Thorne 30 22,845 26-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde