Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom DeLay GUILTY: Jury Convicts Republican In Money Laundering Trial
Just in time for Thanksgiving.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/24...88325.html

"AUSTIN, Texas — Former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay – once one of the most powerful and feared Republicans in Congress – was convicted Wednesday on charges he illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002.

Jurors deliberated for 19 hours before returning guilty verdicts against DeLay on charges of money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering. He faces up to life in prison on the money laundering charge...."
Myra Bronstein Wrote:Just in time for Thanksgiving.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/24...88325.html

"AUSTIN, Texas — Former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay – once one of the most powerful and feared Republicans in Congress – was convicted Wednesday on charges he illegally funneled corporate money to Texas candidates in 2002.

Jurors deliberated for 19 hours before returning guilty verdicts against DeLay on charges of money laundering and conspiracy to commit money laundering. He faces up to life in prison on the money laundering charge...."

Oh, how the 'mighty' have fallen on their own swords! One down, thousands more to go....the whole of the Bush Admin., RNC, DNC, more than half of Congress and lots of other Beltway Bandits belong in Prison and the key thrown away!

...I just learned an interesting bit of trivia....DeLey owned an extermination company before he went into politics....!:top:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I wonder who he pissed off?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:I wonder who he pissed off?

Exactly. Why was one corrupt pol out of all the corrupt pols singled out for punishment?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New head- chair of the Republican Party in Travis Cy - Austin- TX. Dawn Meredith 9 9,108 06-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  italian court convicts 23 americans kidnapping Bernice Moore 25 20,027 23-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Former LA County Sheriff pleads guilty to corruption charge Drew Phipps 0 4,258 11-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Former IMF chief Strauss-Kahn acquitted of pimping charges in French trial Drew Phipps 0 4,329 12-06-2015, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Ferguson MO grand jury no bills the officer that shot Michael Brown Drew Phipps 23 11,565 08-04-2015, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  al-Libi dies [conveniently] a few days before trial on major terror charges. Peter Lemkin 0 3,334 04-01-2015, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Kerry to delay US torture report David Guyatt 1 2,754 06-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  Highway Interdiction or Just Give Me Your Money Lauren Johnson 1 2,667 09-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Benghazi Terror suspect on a "slow boat" to the US for trial. Drew Phipps 1 2,353 18-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Luis Posada Carriles finally goes on trial - for his minor offenses - NOT for the BIG ones! Peter Lemkin 33 12,957 23-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser