Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Government Censors 70 Websites
http://www.osnews.com/story/24074/US_Gov...0_Websites

"posted by Thom Holwerda on Sat 27th Nov 2010 10:46 UTC

The US is really ramping up its war on intellectual property infringement, a war which I'm sure will be just as successful, cheap and supported by the people as the wars on drugs and terrorism. The US has started seizing the domain names of various websites through ICANN - not because owners of these sites were convicted of anything, but merely because complaints have been filed against them. Anyone want to take a guess how long it will be before the US government blocks WikiLeaks? Update: The blocks function outside of the US too. In other words, the US is forcing its views upon the rest of the world once again.

The current seizures of domains did not even use the proposed bill which recently passed the US Senate Judiciary Committee. The seizures come from the US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, and cover about 70 websites relating to potential copyright infringement and counterfeit goods, among which is Torrent-Finder.com, a mere torrent search engine which does not host or even link to torrents; it displays content hosted elsewhere through embedded iframes.

"My domain has been seized without any previous complaint or notice from any court!” the owner of Torrent-Finder explained TorrentFreak, “I firstly had DNS downtime. While I was contacting GoDaddy I noticed the DNS had changed. Godaddy had no idea what was going on and until now they do not understand the situation and they say it was totally from ICANN."

This is equivalent to having your house seized for pointing out to someone you can buy weed in the college district. The craziness goes even further - ordinary search engines are really effective at finding unauthorised copyrighted content as well. You can use Google to find the latest Parenthood episode in 720p, and Bing, too, is pretty good at it. Why aren't we seeing notices for these domains as well?

Body scanners, sexual assault patdowns, censorship laws, seizure of property without even a notice (let alone a court order or conviction), even without doing or having done anything illegal. Welcome to the police state. It won't be long now until the US government - and other government will surely follow - will start blocking websites that do not fall within the government's favour. I'm sure WikiLeaks is being put on censorship lists as we speak.

And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

A war is brewing. If you think body scanners, sexual assault patdowns, censorship laws, and the seizure of property without even a notice are the end, you're sadly mistaken.

It's only the beginning."
Quote:Body scanners, sexual assault patdowns, censorship laws, seizure of property without even a notice (let alone a court order or conviction), even without doing or having done anything illegal. Welcome to the police state. It won't be long now until the US government - and other government will surely follow - will start blocking websites that do not fall within the government's favour. I'm sure WikiLeaks is being put on censorship lists as we speak.

And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

A war is brewing. If you think body scanners, sexual assault patdowns, censorship laws, and the seizure of property without even a notice are the end, you're sadly mistaken.

It's only the beginning."

Ain't that the sad truth! :bandit:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Google Censors The Internet & What You Think Is There Peter Lemkin 1 11,926 08-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Foreign nationals shilling for US government stories Tracy Riddle 2 4,681 11-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Four Academic Studies: ‘Conspiracy Theorists’ Sane, Government Dupes Crazy and Hostile Marlene Zenker 2 3,488 14-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Obama Administration Embeds "Government Researchers" To Monitor Media Organizations Magda Hassan 0 1,793 21-02-2014, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Why is government website carrying fake jobs? Magda Hassan 3 3,506 15-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News To Americans Magda Hassan 0 2,419 15-07-2013, 01:47 PM
  Whole TV department critical of Chilean government dies in plane crash. Magda Hassan 3 7,264 19-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  2012 United States Government Terrorist Identification Chart Bruce Clemens 1 3,724 19-08-2012, 04:32 AM
  Top Social Media Websites Caught Censoring Controversial Content Magda Hassan 0 2,175 26-02-2012, 02:08 PM
  The CIA’s Covert Operation Against Declassification Review and Obama’s Open Government Magda Hassan 3 4,302 18-02-2012, 12:41 PM