Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Napoleon Valeriano -- Number One Son of a Bitch
Ed Lansdale's Number One Son of a Bitch -- and favorite assassin -- Napoleon Varleriano in portrait, in wider shot with Ferdinand Marcos, and perhaps with LHO in New Orleans.

From Sterling Seagrave's essential The Marcos Dynasty.

If Lansdale played a prime facilitator role, there is a good chance that Valeriano was at his right side.

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK -VALERIANO - PORTRAIT.jpg (Size: 17.88 KB / Downloads: 15)
.jpg   LHO - VALERIANO NEW ORLEANS 1.jpg (Size: 36.94 KB / Downloads: 20)
.jpg   JFK -VALERIANO -CENTER.jpg (Size: 85.38 KB / Downloads: 19)
Charlie, I was always intrigued by Prouty's assertion that Lansdale was captured in the frame of one of the photographs of the three tramps arrested in Dealey Plaza.

http://www.prouty.org/giamarco.html

Quote:It was in 1967 that Prouty discovered one of the most explosive proofs of CIA involvement, buried within a series of six photos snapped within minutes of the assassination. The infamous photos show three 'tramps' arrested behind the grassy knoll being marching through Dealey Plaza by two uniformed officers. The three men remain a mystery-no arrest records were made and no names were taken. For years it was speculated that two were CIA agents E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis, who would later gain notoriety for their part in the Watergate break in.

"What caught my eye right away was the fact that some other person is in the first photo walking in the opposite direction." says Prouty, singling out one particular shot. "Here he is, during one of the most important events in our history, casually walking past two police with guns and the tramps, not even looking at what could've been the killers of the President. This is all within 30 minutes or less after the assassination. It's unbelievable. And note that these tramps have not been handcuffed either, and a civilian is allowed to walk within inches of them."

Then Prouty looked even more closely at the photo. "I was stunned to realize that this unconcerned bystander was none other than my long-time friend and associate Ed Lansdale."

"Right away, since he was there, I just knew that he must be concerned with the cover story. That was his gift…his specialty."

Gen. Edward G. Lansdale was a celebrated CIA man who masterminded various assassination plots for the CIA and was heavily involved in Vietnam. He was CIA, but worked under the cover of an air force colonel. He and Prouty had worked closely together for several years before his resignation ("a paper resignation to comply with his CIA 'cover' assignment") in October 1963. At the time of the assassination, Lansdale was supposed to be visiting his son in San Antonio, but a claim check found in his personal papers places him at a hotel used by the presidential entourage the night before the assassination.

"I personally have no doubt that the photo is of Lansdale," affirms Prouty. "I knew him from 1952 in the Philippines to the time of his death. He was one of my neighbors."

Prouty sent copies of the photos to a friend - another high-ranking Kennedy-era officer who also knew Lansdale.

"The two policemen are carrying shotguns, not rifles," the friend wrote back. "Their caps are different (one a white chinstrap, one black). One has a Dallas Police shoulder patch, one does not, and their caps differ from that of another police officer in photo four. Reasonable conclusion -- they are either reservists or phoneys. And as you know, city cops don't have anything to do with sheriff's offices."

"And as to photo No. 1 - That is a picture of Ed Lansdale! The haircut, the stoop, the twisted left hand, the large class ring. It's Lansdale. What in the world was he doing there? Has anyone asked him?"

Prouty says he wasn't surprised when he realized Lansdale was in Dallas for the assassination -- he was there to make sure nothing went wrong.

"He was there like the orchestra leader, coordinating these things." Prouty says Lansdale "He's a 'producer' and the best one there was."

"He worked for years to overthrow the president of the Philippines - he did it almost all by himself."

That's not the only bombshell Prouty dropped over the course of numerous meetings and conversations in Washington. Look closely at the famous Zapruder film of the assassination, and standing alongside the motorcade on Elm Street is an unidentified man holding up an open, black umbrella, even though the weather is sunny and warm. He is standing in front and to the right of Kennedy's car at the moment Kennedy was struck in the throat. Prouty asserts that was no ordinary umbrella, and again finds evidence of Lansdale.

Prouty remembers Lansdale introducing him to a man in 1961 or '62 who had invented a new weapon ideal for clandestine operations: silent rocket-propelled darts, only a few centimeters long and fired from a tube no longer than a milk shake straw. After an impressive demonstration in which the man imbedded a dart in Prouty's office wall, Prouty arranged for research money. Within months, the CIA had adapted the device for many uses - including hiding it in an umbrella.

"When the umbrella was closed, nothing showed. When it was open, the bearer would hold it over his head and on the center rod of the umbrella there was a small wire-like piece that was his end of the sighting mechanism, as he sighted toward the object with one umbrella rib-tip directly in line. The nylon dart - just one - was located in a small tube that was aligned with the sighting mechanism."

Prouty says he never thought of the weapon again until shortly after the assassination. "I knew the rules of Presidential protection and I knew that no one along the parade route was ever permitted to open an umbrella as the President's car went by. They let that happen. Why this omission? Why that umbrella? And when you watch the Zapruder film, you can see the man slowly rotating the umbrella as he lines up his shot as the car approaches."

I feel sure it is sheer coincidence that the organization that Ferdinand Marcos created around himself to launder all the WWII plunder was known as the "Umbrella".
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
It is also interesting that Valariano, Lansdale and a man named Castillo had Philippine connections, and some possible to probable connections to Dallas. See Russell's new book on Castillo. Seems all three were in orbit with the CIA, as well.

From Namebase:
VALERIANO NAPOLEON D
Philippines 1946-1954 Vietnam 1954-1956 Guatemala 1959 Cuba 1961-1962
Bonner,R. Waltzing With a Dictator. 1987 (35)
Caldwell,M. Ten Years Military Terror in Indonesia. 1975 (215)
Colby,G. Dennett,C. Thy Will Be Done. 1995 (312)
CounterSpy 1978-12 (31-2)
CounterSpy 1980-W (4)
Escalante,F. The Secret War. 1995 (48-9, 64)
Kruger,H. The Great Heroin Coup. 1980 (144)
Lobster Magazine (Britain) 1998-#35 (5-6)
Mader,J. Who's Who in CIA. 1968
McClintock,M. Instruments of Statecraft. 1992 (114-24, 272-4)
Prouty,L.F. JFK. 1992 (33, 68)
Rodriguez,F. Weisman,J. Shadow Warrior. 1989 (54)
Seagrave,S. The Marcos Dynasty. 1988 (130-1, 147)
Seagrave,S.& P. Gold Warriors. 2003 (102, 192)
Smith,J.B. Portrait of a Cold Warrior. 1981 (94-5, 335)

Intersting proximity diagram here http://www.namebase.org/cgi-bin/nb06?_VA...NAPOLEON_D
David Guyatt Wrote:Charlie, I was always intrigued by Prouty's assertion that Lansdale was captured in the frame of one of the photographs of the three tramps arrested in Dealey Plaza.

I feel sure it is sheer coincidence that the organization that Ferdinand Marcos created around himself to launder all the WWII plunder was known as the "Umbrella".

David,

The photos I've attached are important for many reasons, one of which is relevant to this thread.

Look immediately to the left of the tramp "Frenchy's" face and you'll see the left profile (minus features) that closely matches the view found on photo number 18 (taken in 1965) from Cecil B. Currey's Edward Lansdale: The Unquiet American. I've enlarged the latter view, too.

(You might also note that the shot in the lower right corner is of Lansdale's Vietnam "teammates" Joseph Baker and Lucien Conein -- except the original captions are reversed. I believe that this is the first published image of Luigi.)

I am not the first to note this similarity, but the photo comparison is, as I type, unique to this forum.

As for the umbrella business: I've made rather dramatic cinematic use of the Dealey Plaza and gold bar bumbershoots.

Great minds think alike.

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE LEFT OF FRENCHY.jpg (Size: 21.21 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE CLOSE-UP.jpg (Size: 63.71 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE.jpg (Size: 86.98 KB / Downloads: 18)
Do these views depict the same human being?

On the left: Dealey Plaza, 1963. On the right: from 1965.

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE LEFT OF FRENCHY ENLARGED.jpg (Size: 1.98 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE ULTRA CLOSE-UP.jpg (Size: 8.86 KB / Downloads: 6)
I always thought it was the other photo of the alleged "Lansdale" walking past the tramps that was supposed to be the one which he was in ? I haven't seen this one before in this context at least as far as I can recall....But I am not as learned as other members !
You're not wrong, David.

The "other" picture, championed as a Lansdale identifier by Prouty and others, always has been less than, well, convincing for me.

This new one, however -- and it has been around for years as the subject of analyses of the tramps and of the TSBD doorway on the right border -- resonates.
Charles Drago Wrote:You're not wrong, David.

The "other" picture, championed as a Lansdale identifier by Prouty and others, always has been less than, well, convincing for me.

This new one, however -- and it has been around for years as the subject of analyses of the tramps and of the TSBD doorway on the right border -- resonates.

Charles, can you post the full photo that comes from?
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Charles, can you post the full photo that comes from?

Peter, et al,

In my less-than-eagle-eyed opinion, I see images of two men. They both can't be Lansdale.

The left-of-Frenchy right profile shows hair above the part combed forward.

The rear view shows hair combed back.

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE IN DALLAS.jpg (Size: 97.86 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE IN DALLAS CLOSE-UP.jpg (Size: 51.02 KB / Downloads: 7)
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE LEFT OF FRENCHY ENLARGED.jpg (Size: 1.98 KB / Downloads: 8)