Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential autos
This was sent to me by "Tree Frog" who got it from a TX researcher, Tom Blackwell, so I am posting it here, as I wonder just when this idea was developed? And more to the point WHY? The fact that it's posted at the LBJ liabrary- a place I will not venture into, here in Austin, is also quite revealing:
_____
At the LBJ Library there is an announcement that Presidential vehicles
will be destroyed in testing when they are retired and will not be seen
in museums. I think that needs to be reversed.
_____

Is this the justification for the destruction/reassembling of JFK's limo?
Dawn
Treefrog:

I for one am steadfastly against the destruction of any of the presidential automobiles. In the first place, they are a part of the history of the United States of America and as such should be deemed as valuable as any other historical objects now classified historical value by our government. As the years go by and those who come after us seek out the history and development of presidential transportation and / or protection, the original automobiles can not be matched by the best of photographs or video materials.

The automobile used by President John F. Kennedy will be of special interest to future researchers. Above all, that vehicle should be designated as an indestructible historical part of American history. The American people HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPECT that all documents and materials relating to the assassination of our beloved President, John F. Kennedy, be preserved for the generations to come. All documents relating to the refurbishing of the vehicle in which the president was assassinated should be available to the future researchers who might be able to call upon a far superior technology that will be able to discern evidence previously irretrievable during the present time.

We must protect the right of the American people to know; for knowledge is the basis for all future Love, Peace and Harmony.

Abraham W. Bolden, Sr.
Former Agent
United States Secret Service
Visit website at:http://www.echofromdealeyplaza.net
and:

I would be in favor of preserving Presidential Limos (if they have room at Smithsonian for them).

However, when a President is shot in his limo, it is a crime scene.

Nobody gets it until the criminalists have thoroughly examined it in a

pristine state. Then, it should be retained inviolate until the murder case

is over. Until then, it is evidence.

Same is true for clothing, weapons, etc.

In other words, what the Government did in the JFK case with the limo

was totally wrong and inexplicable. The cover-up began very early!

Cyril H. Wecht
Dawn Meredith Wrote:and:

I would be in favor of preserving Presidential Limos (if they have room at Smithsonian for them).

However, when a President is shot in his limo, it is a crime scene.

Nobody gets it until the criminalists have thoroughly examined it in a

pristine state. Then, it should be retained inviolate until the murder case

is over. Until then, it is evidence.

Same is true for clothing, weapons, etc.

In other words, what the Government did in the JFK case with the limo

was totally wrong and inexplicable. The cover-up began very early!

Cyril H. Wecht

....and still runs, this late in the day.....
[they also eliminated the most offending evidence at the 9/11 crime scenes, as well....lessons learned and repeated - criminal ones, at that.]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential history and the Memory Hole Tracy Riddle 6 4,424 11-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Poll: John F. Kennedy tops presidential rating - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com Bernice Moore 0 1,766 16-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  New Photo To me - Great Presidential Protection by the Secret Service et al. Peter Lemkin 5 4,949 03-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  William Kelly Scoops Again - New USSS Information on 1963 Presidential Trip Records Adele Edisen 5 4,496 08-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Bill Kelly
  Jfk presidential library Bernice Moore 0 2,571 08-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Lifton on DiEugenio on JFK offering the Vice Presidential nomination to LBJ . . . James H. Fetzer 77 19,306 19-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Trowbridge H. Ford