Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Galloway accuses Alastair Campbell of murdering Dr. David Kelly on the BBC (still unsued)

Spin doctor Alastair Campbell and former MP George Galloway have clashed on Question Time about the legality of the Iraq war.
Ahead of Tony Blair's second appearance infront of the Iraq inquiry Mr Galloway said both Mr Blair and Mr Campbell should be tried for war crimes.
Mr Campbell said military action in Iraq was lawful and that there is a document which shows the thinking of the Attorney General ahead of the invasion.
Question Time is on BBC 1 on Thursdays at 10.35pm or watch via iplayer from the website
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Spin doctor Alastair Campbell and former MP George Galloway have clashed on Question Time about the legality of the Iraq war.
Ahead of Tony Blair's second appearance infront of the Iraq inquiry Mr Galloway said both Mr Blair and Mr Campbell should be tried for war crimes.
Mr Campbell said military action in Iraq was lawful and that there is a document which shows the thinking of the Attorney General ahead of the invasion.
Question Time is on BBC 1 on Thursdays at 10.35pm or watch via iplayer from the website

A remake of the Dead Parrot Skit!....Sadly, however the dead were not parrots, but Iraqis.....about a million of them.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
The thing that stood out for me, and we we have touched upon briefly elsewhere in the Chilcott Circus thread, is that the US had to have UK military involvement to invade Iraq and depose Saddam, and that without UK military support would've been unable to carry out the invasion.

That is what was in the suppressed Blair-Bush "love letters" it seems.

The true story is slowly seeping out into the public domain.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:The thing that stood out for me, and we we have touched upon briefly elsewhere in the Chilcott Circus thread, is that the US had to have UK military involvement to invade Iraq and depose Saddam, and that without UK military support would've been unable to carry out the invasion.

That is what was in the suppressed Blair-Bush "love letters" it seems.

The true story is slowly seeping out into the public domain.

We didn't need your manpower and weaponry....no offense....we just needed the political 'cover' [partners - a coalition of the willing....humpf!]. Its so horribly sinister and cynical and the talking heads really don't care at all that all those little brown men and women and babies died and are still dying with a country in worse shape than when the 'savior' crusaders came in and pillaged.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I'm not so sure Pete. Read what Lord Boyce, Chief of the Defence Staff said to Chilcott (see the Chilcott thread):

Quote:Boyce says that he does not think the Americans would have been able to invade on 19 March 2003 without the British.

It could've just been the moral and political support, but this seems to be saying that there was a need for British military involvement to meet this specific date.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:I'm not so sure Pete. Read what Lord Boyce, Chief of the Defence Staff said to Chilcott (see the Chilcott thread):

Quote:Boyce says that he does not think the Americans would have been able to invade on 19 March 2003 without the British.

It could've just been the moral and political support, but this seems to be saying that there was a need for British military involvement to meet this specific date.

You supplied 46,000 to our 200,000. Not insignificant, but I still think more political cover than military......well, anyhow, we didn't need you for Granada!!! We're tough stuff!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Court to revisit death of David Kelly Magda Hassan 1 3,303 03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Amnesty: Canada ‘required’ to arrest George W. Bush Magda Hassan 0 3,145 13-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Mayor of London Warns George W Bush-War Criminal: Bring Book Tour to Britain and Never See TX Again Christer Forslund 16 16,095 03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
  Indictment For Torture Filed Against George W.Bush Bernice Moore 1 2,461 20-02-2011, 10:12 AM