Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Othelo - A Farewell to Arms
"O now, for ever/ Farewell the tranquil mind! farewell content!/ Farewell the plumed troops and the big wars/ That makes ambition virtue!/ O farewell!/ Farewell the neighing steed and the shrill trump,/ The spirit-stirring drum, th' ear-piercing fife,/ The royal banner, and all quality,/ Pride, pomp, and circumstance of glorious war!/ And O you mortal engines, whose rude throats/ Th' immortal Jove's dread clamors counterfeit,/ Farewell! Othello's occupation's gone
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
How do you say auf wiedersehn
To things you'll never see again?
The Wilhelmstrasse in the rain
The day we ran to catch the train
That puffed along the river Seine
Remember Paris

And best of all the Pyrennes
Who could forget such memories
That crazy trip how typical of us
To miss the bus, the plane too
How do you say auf wiedersehn to these?

The wild times, the small things
That popular waltz of the day
It ended as all things
But when does the music go away?

Say au revoir but not goodbye
I've said it till I want to cry
Perhaps the French could tell us what to do
I wish I knew ah liebschen
How do we say auf wiedersehn to you?

(Johnny Mercer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keOrmK8C8OM
OR:

Eh bbb bbb bbb ... That's all, folks!
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.