Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Guide My Pakistan "Research"
Hi. I put the word research in quotes as a defensive measure against some who might accuse me of being Vernon Walters tease.Confusedhot:

I am taking a grad class called Pakistan Islam and Army.

I thought I might ask my fellow citizens in the republic of curiosity what they think are the most pressing questions re Pakistan right now?

Any ideas on what might make an interesting term paper. This sounds a bit juvenile, but I am.Confusedtupido:

I mean I know some here and there about Pakistan but I need to become focussed fast on an area of research that would be the most fun fast. I say fast, because I have only a limited time for general reading before I have to narrrow it down, owing to the fact that I am taking three grad classes while also taking care of my four and half month daughter Sonia, who just lost all her money in the Maddoff scandal.

Sos if anyone has an itching question or patch of consciousness they need filling in please let me know.
Nate, this is probably not suitable, but if it were me I would consider looking into the deep connections between Pakistani intelligence and organized crime as it relates to the US intelligence and organized crime in particular, but also western European variants of same.

But a lot of work would be involved I suspect.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Not that I have any information to point you towards or any thing but I thought it might be interesting (and manageable) to find out the names of the feudal families. From that you could find out where they are located in the country, what tribe, how much land/villages they have, what they grow, their wealth, how many laborers dependent on them, what government positions they hold, who they are married to, etc. Voila! a sketch of the power relations of Pakistan. You can go any where from there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_f...f_Pakistan
http://www.paktribune.com/pforums/posts....01&start=1
http://publicmb.wordpress.com/2008/04/21...ing-elite/
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Just starting my reading, Know some stuff but its patchy. Was there BCCI stuff in Pakistan or am I imagining this? Probably some connection to the Mujhadin funding???

re: the aristocracy, these were apparently the biggest enemies of Bhuto's pop. who rulled from roughly 70-77 Much of the Pak feudal types had the strongest ties to the British surprise.

Bhuto 1, was involved in both disasterous wars with India in 65 and 71, but managed to shirk the blame and the discredited army let him keep the tent propped up for a while. Nationalized all kinds of stuff, considerably to the left of his daughter. What interests me is this is when Nixon kissinger made his Pakistan "Tilt" in 71? How weird that this author describes it as a time when Pop Bhuto was weakening ties with US and stregnthening them with China. And just at the moment when, Moorer Radford were listening in on Henry's trips to China. Perhaps the Nixon tilt was with the ISI behind the back of Bhuto 1?? Anyway I hope to find out.
Just starting my reading, Know some stuff but its patchy. Was there BCCI stuff in Pakistan or am I imagining this? Probably some connection to the Mujhadin funding???

re: the aristocracy, these were apparently the biggest enemies of Bhuto's pop. who rulled from roughly 70-77 Much of the Pak feudal types had the strongest ties to the British surprise.

Bhuto 1, was involved in both disasterous wars with India in 65 and 71, but managed to shirk the blame and the discredited army let him keep the tent propped up for a while. Nationalized all kinds of stuff, considerably to the left of his daughter. What interests me is this is when Nixon kissinger made his Pakistan "Tilt" in 71? How weird that this author describes it as a time when Pop Bhuto was weakening ties with US and stregnthening them with China. And just at the moment when, Moorer Radford were listening in on Henry's trips to China. Perhaps the Nixon tilt was with the ISI behind the back of Bhuto 1?? Anyway I hope to find out.
BCCI was a Pakistani bank and there is a great deal in that story that harkens to the criminal, intelligence connections of that bank to western intelligence and governments. I understand from people who were involved in investigating it that much of hat happened has been covered up.

One thing that got out, however, was that BCCI ran it's own international "Murder Inc".

The subject's well worth reviewing imo.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CIA Pakistan station chief unveiled in drone feud David Guyatt 2 3,427 28-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Pakistan Admits Link To Mumbai David Guyatt 11 11,604 25-01-2013, 01:05 AM
  Pakistan and the US Magda Hassan 9 9,173 30-11-2011, 01:40 AM
  And Coming Up Next: Pakistan? Ed Jewett 8 5,130 25-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  US vs. Pakistan: Shots Exchanged Ed Jewett 0 2,580 05-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Reuters Newswire Pakistan unveils Mumbai breakthrough Simon Westly 4 3,890 18-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Pakistan discovers 'village' of white German al-Qaeda insurgents Magda Hassan 2 3,568 27-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The U.S. Invades and Occupies Pakistan Peter Presland 2 3,879 01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
  Poor Pakistan. Here comes the demolition team. Magda Hassan 0 2,540 27-03-2009, 04:03 AM
  Some VERY Insightful Thoughts On Pakistan & Region Peter Lemkin 0 2,664 19-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin