Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSD in the 1950's
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_u...r_embedded

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-lattin...09392.html

http://www.donlattin.com
to find out more about the author, Don Lattin, and his book: The Harvard Psychedelic Club -- How Timothy Leary Ram Dass, Huston Smith and Andrew Weil Killed the Fifties and Ushered in a New Age in America. .
"This book is the story of how three brilliant scholars and one ambitious freshman crossed paths in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the winter of 1960-61, and how their experiences in a psychedelic drug research project transformed their lives and much of American culture in the 1960s and 1970s".
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda:

That first link doesn't work.:phone:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
http://fora.tv/2010/01/07/Don_Lattin_The...delic_Club

Above link to 50:01 talk by the author.

Ram Dass, Allen Ginsberg on harmonium and a short-haired woman on tabla did a bit at St. John's in Santa Fe in 1972.

Ram Dass had a smile and nothing to say.

Allen Ginsberg did his horny B-52s raining fiery death blues.

The next day their microbus turned north at the Rosario Cemetary and headed for Taos.

In some dimension there is a continuum connecting Forestal's swan dive with that of Frank Olson.

Jim Jones and Charlie Manson.

James Jesus Angleton and Ted Kaczynski.

Sirhan and Chapman and Hinckley.

In The Search for the Manchurian Candidate we are told Sidney Gottlieb got nowhere with MK-ULTRA and disbanded it in 1973.

Sure.
For those who don't want to sign in at Youtube,here is another copy below.

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Phil Dragoo Wrote:http://fora.tv/2010/01/07/Don_Lattin_The...delic_Club

Above link to 50:01 talk by the author.

Ram Dass, Allen Ginsberg on harmonium and a short-haired woman on tabla did a bit at St. John's in Santa Fe in 1972.

Ram Dass had a smile and nothing to say.

Allen Ginsberg did his horny B-52s raining fiery death blues.

The next day their microbus turned north at the Rosario Cemetary and headed for Taos.

In some dimension there is a continuum connecting Forestal's swan dive with that of Frank Olson.

Jim Jones and Charlie Manson.

James Jesus Angleton and Ted Kaczynski.

Sirhan and Chapman and Hinckley.

In The Search for the Manchurian Candidate we are told Sidney Gottlieb got nowhere with MK-ULTRA and disbanded it in 1973.

Sure.

I watched most of the video until I got tired of it. The take-away: these four pioneers brought profound positive social change by their use of psychedelics and subsequent careers. The speech is from an enthusiast to other enthusiasts. He is sad that legitimate research was ended in these admittedly dangerous drugs for their positive potentials. He has nothing to say about MK-ULTRA, Sidney Gottlieb, etc. and specifically rejects the notion that the CIA had anything to do with Timothy Leary, etc.
I watched the Don Lattin video and thought it was decent.Most things were already familiar to me,but he did reveal some interesting stories that I was not aware of.It's probably a good book to read for those interested in the subject matter.
Buckminster Fuller
Dr. Tim did have some connections to the intelligence community.....exactly their nature, especially later on in his life, is still somewhat shrouded in smoke and mirrors [and purple-paisley].
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Dr. Tim did have some connections to the intelligence community.....exactly their nature, especially later on in his life, is still somewhat shrouded in smoke and mirrors [and purple-paisley].

Lattin does talk about Leary informing on and helping to bust the weather underground members.
Buckminster Fuller