Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Passing
I'm taking what might be thought of as a point of personal privilege to write of the passing of the person who means more to me than life itself.

Here is Uncle Arthur's obituary, written by me yesterday.

I chose to include a photo of him and me (celebrating my third birthday) for the simple reason that, from the moment of my birth, we accepted the reality that the only place on earth for each of us was together.

If I had been thinking clearly, I would have added this excerpt from John Donne's immortal poem:

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

BEATINI, Arthur, 90, passed away July 11th.

Please visit http://www.pontarellimarinofunerals.com to view the guest book.

Arthur Beatini, my uncle, Unc has soared to his mother's arms, to his father, to my mother and his other sister and brothers, and to the loving welcomes of his greater family and friends in spirit.

So loving, noble, selfless, and kind, with an artist's soul and a lion's heart. How can I honor him but by attempting to live up to his standards?

I'll be looking at the moon, beautiful dreamer, but I'll be seeing you.

God bless you, God love you, and pleasant, pleasant dreams.

Love, Bob

Charles Robert Drago, on behalf of Unc's nieces and nephews, the McCartens, Alycia Evica, and always, dearest Donna.

Attached Files
.jpg   UNC AND ME 1955.jpg (Size: 8.06 KB / Downloads: 3)
You both were blessed to have each other. Love is indeed the greatest gift and it transcends all else, including death.
Peace and love to you at this time of sadness.

Dawn
Assassination research is always controled by personal situations to some degree or another. When my grandfather died we knew it was inevitable but it still struck me as a cruel ripping of a gentle and good man from the life we knew. God bless.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:You both were blessed to have each other. Love is indeed the greatest gift and it transcends all else, including death.
Peace and love to you at this time of sadness.

Dawn

I can't say it any better.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I am saddened by your loss. Please accept my sympathy.

Adele
90 years on this earth

A blessing right there

The voyager transcends

Eternal blessings await

Life moves ever onward

My sympathies Charles...
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Condolences on your loss, sir. Nature or nurture, our predecessors live on through those they touch.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Charles Drago Wrote:So loving, noble, selfless, and kind, with an artist's soul and a lion's heart. How can I honor him but by attempting to live up to his standards?

Amen.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Ed Jewett Wrote:Condolences on your loss, sir. Nature or nurture, our predecessors live on through those they touch.

Indeed they do.

And they literally live on, each spirit as individual, singular and recognizable as in physical life, in the elsewhere that is our common destination.

Those who did not know Arthur Beatini incarnate can experience him during those rare moments when somehow I exhibit whatever goodness is within me ... whatever nobility, whatever love.

All failings are mine alone.

Thanks, Ed. I know you understand.
Keith Millea Wrote:90 years on this earth

A blessing right there

The voyager transcends

Eternal blessings await

Life moves ever onward

My sympathies Charles...

Thank you, Keith.

I concur.

My Uncle travels, changes, moves intact through eternity. Ever onward.