Alzheimer’s disease, 'statin drugs', and an FDA warning
Thu, August 2, 2012 4:09:47 AM
Alzheimer's disease, 'statin drugs', & an FDA warning

Statin drugs have been linked to liver damage,
memory loss & confusion (Alzheimer-like symptoms),
type 2 diabetes, and muscle weakness.

Even with the new warning, the FDA is trying to
downplay the dangers of statins.

Get ready for another trip down the rabbit hole...

Video: about 9 minutes long

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/11687.html

Goodman Green
- Brasscheck

P.S. Please share Brasscheck TV e-mails and
videos with friends and colleagues.

That's how we grow. Thanks.

================================
Brasscheck TV
2380 California St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
There can be a safer way to control high cholesterol. I was put on Lipitor and soon developed
calf muscle burnng pain after a few weeks. I took myself off of the Lipitor and the pain went away.
Lipitor causes destruction of skeletal muscle tissue I found out in the PDR (Physicians' Drug Reference).
I refused to be treated with any statin drug, so my physician prepared another treatment plan which
she designed for me.

I take 4 grams of Omega-3 lipids (Lovaza by prescription - 2 capsules twice a day)

10 milligram tablet of Zetia once a day. Zetia prevents absorption of cholesterol from
dietary foods (egg yolks, for example)

I added a 500 mg capsule of Niacinamide (an amide of the Vitamin B-3, Niacin,
to avoid the flushing effect of Niacin itself). Niacin inhibits cholesterol production by the liver.

I watch my intake of carbohydrates and fats because their metabolic products are used by the
liver to make cholestrol. Yudkin, a biochemist, has shown that carbohydrates, in particular, are
a causative factor in high cholesterol levels.

My total cholesterol was 215 mg, but now has been around 160 mg for years, with good HDL counts.

I would urge anyone on statin drugs, especially Lipitor, to ask your physician for an alternative treatment.

Adele
Wonderful to see how you've managed your cholesterol Adele. And that there are alternatives to statins.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Thanks, Magda.

Did you know that the native Eskimo diet consists primarily of just protein and fats, with insignificant amounts of carbohydrate?
Their brains are supplied by the carbohydrate glucose - the brain's only fuel - synthesized from certain parts of protein and from
a small part of fats. And the fats they consume are mostly from fish, high in omega-3 fats. Eskimos do not have high blood
levels of cholesterol.

Also, without citrus fruits or tomatoes, they obtain their Vitamin C from the adrenal glands of the animals they eat. Human
beings lost the ability to manufacture Vitamin C when their ancestors lived where there was an abundance of fruits and
vegetables containing Vitamin C. Most animals make their own Vitamin C and have no need for an external source.

Eskimos probably consume close to 10,000 kilocalories per day (like lumberjacks in the U.S.), because their bodies need to
maintain a normal body temperature and they work hard physically to survive in their harsh barren cold climate.

Adele
Adele, it is news to me [and I usually hear of such things] that a high-carbohydrate diet can contribute to high cholesterol. I'm not questioning it...just news to me...and I have a high carbohydrate diet [Mediterranean style], yet eat no meat and try to avoid the wrong kinds of fats most of the time. My cholesterol levels are just on the borderline of OK and not OK. I'll try some of what you suggest above. My doctor just said to cut down on cheese - nothing more. I did know about the Omega-3 oils and do try to take them in. Sadly, I have found in recent years since I was made rather poor that it is much harder to have healthy eating habits with less money.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter, do you like fish? Try eating more fish, especially oily fish.
If you take vitamin/mineral supplements, you could buy extra Niacinamide capsules.
There are some people who are genetically predisposed to have extraordinarily
high levels of cholesterol, and part of their treatment is Niacin, B-3. I use
Niacinamide (it's Niacin plus a Nitrogen group) and it doesn't cause the flushing
reaction that Niacin does. All B vitamins are water-soluble so they are not retained
in the body like Vitamin A. which is fat-soluble..

Adele
Adele Edisen Wrote:Peter, do you like fish? Try eating more fish, especially oily fish.
If you take vitamin/mineral supplements, you could buy extra Niacinamide capsules.
There are some people who are genetically predisposed to have extraordinarily
high levels of cholesterol, and part of their treatment is Niacin, B-3. I use
Niacinamide (it's Niacin plus a Nitrogen group) and it doesn't cause the flushing
reaction that Niacin does. All B vitamins are water-soluble so they are not retained
in the body like Vitamin A. which is fat-soluble..

Adele
Not sure about the choice and quality of fish in a land locked country like where Peter is. But oily fish are the best for omega 3 and other goodies.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The CIA, Nugan Hand, Drugs, And An Australian Killer Cop Magda Hassan 6 41,744 22-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  UN report: These maps show how dangerous illegal drugs flow around the globe (link) Drew Phipps 0 7,103 05-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Drugs & The Dark Quadrant David Guyatt 0 8,479 05-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Drugs as weapon of war Magda Hassan 0 8,418 22-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  BBC reporter downwind from burning drugs David Guyatt 1 8,806 27-12-2014, 12:46 PM
  Drug Trafficking as Strategic Intelligence The CIA & Drugs, Inc.: a Covert History by DOUG VALENTINE Magda Hassan 0 7,222 09-11-2014, 01:36 PM
  Scientists Suggest Fresh Look at Psychedelic Drugs Keith Millea 21 12,859 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Parterns in Crime: The US Secret State and Mexico's "War on Drugs" Ed Jewett 3 7,115 18-01-2013, 11:52 AM
  The Pentagon's Privatization of the War on Drugs Ed Jewett 1 3,753 18-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  The Agony and the Ecstasy: The Quiet Mission to Fight PTSD With Psychedelic Drugs Keith Millea 3 6,913 29-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski