Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Archives releases first batch of 2017 JFK documents
The stories below state CIA and FBI are scrambling for last minute redactions. This stinks worse than I could have expected.

Release of JFK Assassination File Is Delayed as Deadline Looms

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jfk-as...ms-n814691

CIA, FBI Lobbying Trump to Delay Release of Some Files

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jfk-assassi...ome-files/
2,800 records approved for release today. The bulk of the collection now withheld for an additional 6 month review to give the CIA and FBI a chance to redact and censor documents for unspecified national security concerns.

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) The Latest on the scheduled release of long-secret documents about the 1963 assassination of President John Kennedy (all times local):

6:10 p.m.

President Donald Trump is delaying the release of some files on the John Kennedy assassination that were due to come out Thursday. He's approved 2,800 other records for release.

White House officials say Trump will state in a coming memo that he had "no choice" but to keep others secret because of national security concerns. He's having those records further reviewed for the next six months.

Officials say Trump will impress upon federal agencies that JFK files should stay secret after the six-month review "only in the rarest cases."
Quote:President Donald Trump is delaying the release of some files on the John Kennedy assassination that were due to come out Thursday. He's approved 2,800 other records for release.
Quote:White House officials say Trump will state in a coming memo that he had "no choice" but to keep others secret because of national security concerns. He's having those records further reviewed for the next six months.

"No choice?" They knew the deadline. They've had 25 years to redact these documents. So today they tell Trump they need more time and Trump says he had "no choice"? That's a "_UGE" lie -- even for Trump.

And not one elected Republican, Democrat or MSM will oppose the move.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Here is an interesting take on what happened on Thursday. Not sure if I agree, but it certainly is the way Washington works

https://www.fff.org/2017/10/27/jfk-cover-continues/
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Here is an interesting take on what happened on Thursday. Not sure if I agree, but it certainly is the way Washington works

Interesting yes, but highly speculative with no justification given other than an interesting theory. Sure, it could be true, but if so it flies in the face of what we have always assumed to be true; namely then the IC has the upper hand. Wasn't that the outcome of the 63 coup? Why would I now not assume that it was Trump that blinked, not vice verse? I am more inclined to believe that Trump was just taught a lesson, rather than Trump just successfully garnered favors from the IC.

Just two hours ago (6:15pm Eastern Saturday 10/28). Trump tweeted "JFK files are released, ahead of schedule"

Two lies in seven words. Pretty efficient.
Ken Garretson Wrote:
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Here is an interesting take on what happened on Thursday. Not sure if I agree, but it certainly is the way Washington works

Interesting yes, but highly speculative with no justification given other than an interesting theory. Sure, it could be true, but if so it flies in the face of what we have always assumed to be true; namely then the IC has the upper hand. Wasn't that the outcome of the 63 coup? Why would I now not assume that it was Trump that blinked, not vice verse? I am more inclined to believe that Trump was just taught a lesson, rather than Trump just successfully garnered favors from the IC.

Just two hours ago (6:15pm Eastern Saturday 10/28). Trump tweeted "JFK files are released, ahead of schedule"

or was there another document release tonight? I cant tell
Ken Garretson Wrote:
Ken Garretson Wrote:

or was there another document release tonight? I cant tell

So he has apparently released the "withheld" docs? Interesting indeed. So both theories' look suspect ;-))

Egg on my face ;-))
I don't see where you come to the conclusion Trumpf has changed his 'mind'. He is just playing with ideas and words as he always does. I see nothing on a third release. All I see is this:

Quote:On Friday morning, Trump pledged to release more of the secret files, but did not commit to making them all public.
"JFK Files are being carefully released," he tweeted. "In the end there will be great transparency. It is my hope to get just about everything to public!"

The CIA and other agencies will run circles around Trump [if indeed he wants to release all] with 'reasons' why they can't comply. Trump's words mean nothing - as the last year has shown. It is his deeds only that show his real 'meaning'.

As far as who made a deal [and what was traded in that deal] with whom; who held the strongest hand in the poker game [if there indeed was one] between Trump [and his team] and the Intelligence Community, I can't imagine it was either way or not at all a contested matter. Each side holds cards against the other. Generally, I think the intelligence community holds the much stronger hand, as I believe they could leak things that would put Trump on the fast track to impeachment any time they like [and Trump knows this]. What Trump holds over the IC is minor, IMO, and temporary: firings of some top persons, or money and power he can dole out. I'll believe it when I see any of the still withheld documents - as these are the best ones; most damning ones for the IC.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I don't see where you come to the conclusion Trumpf has changed his 'mind'. He is just playing with ideas and words as he always does. I see nothing on a third release. All I see is this:

Quote:On Friday morning, Trump pledged to release more of the secret files, but did not commit to making them all public.
"JFK Files are being carefully released," he tweeted. "In the end there will be great transparency. It is my hope to get just about everything to public!"

The CIA and other agencies will run circles around Trump [if indeed he wants to release all] with 'reasons' why they can't comply. Trump's words mean nothing - as the last year has shown. It is his deeds only that show his real 'meaning'.

As far as who made a deal [and what was traded in that deal] with whom; who held the strongest hand in the poker game [if there indeed was one] between Trump [and his team] and the Intelligence Community, I can't imagine it was either way or not at all a contested matter. Each side holds cards against the other. Generally, I think the intelligence community holds the much stronger hand, as I believe they could leak things that would put Trump on the fast track to impeachment any time they like [and Trump knows this]. What Trump holds over the IC is minor, IMO, and temporary: firings of some top persons, or money and power he can dole out. I'll believe it when I see any of the still withheld documents - as these are the best ones; most damning ones for the IC.

thanks for the reply. I was responding to his tweet and this story updated last night on CNN. But I agree with your comments regarding the IC which is why I find the theory in the article posted by DiEugenio to be so unlikely.

Yes, Trump plays with words'. Perhaps the most generous description of his constant lying I have seen. ;-)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/28/politics/t...index.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December 15 2022 documents release David Butler 0 679 15-12-2022, 09:18 PM
Last Post: David Butler
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,615 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,602 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Permindex, CMC Documents John Kowalski 5 3,949 20-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: John Kowalski
  Bloomfield Documents Download John Kowalski 3 3,569 04-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Library and Archives Canada Lawsuit John Kowalski 32 60,905 10-01-2019, 04:51 PM
Last Post: John Kowalski
  NARA 2017 bombshell - Dallas Mayor Earle Cabell was a CIA asset Anthony Thorne 8 11,100 18-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  The Top Ten Viewed Stories of 2017 Jim DiEugenio 5 6,890 12-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Any 2017 JFK Assassination Conference Videos online? Peter Lemkin 2 12,520 26-11-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  My FightBox interview on JFK, Tippit, document releases, etc. Joseph McBride 0 6,973 22-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride