Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparations & Ideas for the 50th
This thread is about Preparations & Ideas for the 50th Anniversary.

Let us return to strategeries for making sure Dealey Plaza will be open to everyone, not just those VIPs with a ticket.
Charles Drago Wrote:
Mark Stapleton Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:But I agree it would be a good thing to make an apology to LHO if only because they were extremely negligent in keeping him safe. Ahem....

That's right. The USG should apologise for that too, come to think of it. That was negligence of the most egregious kind. Wilful negligence maybe.

When I say he was innocent, he was innocent of the charges against him, namely the murders of JFK and Tippet. He wasn't charged with conspiracy to murder, just lone nut murder. Any decent lawyer could convince a jury he was innocent of those charges laid against him.

In your opinion, was LHO guilty of conspiracy to murder JFK?

No.
Mark Prior Wrote:This thread is about Preparations & Ideas for the 50th Anniversary.

Let us return to strategeries for making sure Dealey Plaza will be open to everyone, not just those VIPs with a ticket.

When the article i wrote goes up--the one I was referring to previously--you will see that this is a really formidable force we are up against. And as I outline in the piece, they have been planning this for well over a year. And from more than one direction: the Belo Corporation, the Belo Foundation, the Sixth Floor, the Mayor's office, and his 21 person committee which crosses over to the Sixth Floor.

In that article I make the case that today I think the SIxth Floor was essentially a stalking horse meant to distract. They did not pull the permit last year for themselves. They pulled it at the behest of the Power Elite in Dallas. To give them time to figure out what their plan was. And today that permit is in CIty Hall's hands.

THe power these people wield can be noted by watching the Dallas-Washington game on the 22nd. THey managed to get little commercials about their upcoming commemoration on that broadcast. I have little doubt this was done through Belo and Jerry Jones. These people are determined not to have any counter demonstration in Dealey Plaza. WHen I was in Dallas over the weekend, Bob Groden alerted me to this fact. That they were closing the ring.

I think we kind of got caught unawares. They snookered us with the Sixth Floor feint. This is bigger than that.

Months ago, on a private email list, I suggested filing a lawsuit on first amendment grounds to break open the permit as an example of prior restraint, which I firmly think it is. I was advised to wait a bit and see how it played out. Well it has now played out a bit and I think its even worse than we thought.

I still think we should file. As I think these guys do not want this to go to discovery, since that would expose all of their networking and plotting. ( I have little doubt that Hugh Aynesworth is in the mix.) THerefore, I think we can force a settlement. Especially with the trial going on as background and the threat of civil disobedience on hand.

To do the latter we have to make them understand that this is a real threat. And we would be willing to do it.

BTW, this Mike Rawlings guy, the mayor, is a real piece of work. He is a former corporate CEO of Pizza Hut, and man did they get to him. In a one paper town, which Dallas is, Belo made sure he got the message or no endorsement next time from the DMN.

THe guy did not want to be a one termer. So he became their martinet.
Are there any lawyers among us who will be able to file a suit?

OR

Who is willing to step up to hire the lawyer to file the suit?

I personally will chip in what I can when it comes to that.

Jim:

I'm looking forward to the release of your article so I can send it out to friends & family.
Thanks Mark.

Knowing who the other side is is the first step to filing a lawsuit.

Well, Dawn is a lawyer. And Brad Kizzia is Groden's lawyer. I know he is in Dallas. And he understands this field since he was Crenshaw's lawyer.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Thanks Mark.

Knowing who the other side is is the first step to filing a lawsuit.

Well, Dawn is a lawyer. And Brad Kizzia is Groden's lawyer. I know he is in Dallas. And he understands this field since he was Crenshaw's lawyer.

I have never done the type of lawyering required here. I think Jim is making good points and that Kizzia needs to be approached. I am certainly willing to help in any way I can.

I think the PTB fear the enormous publicity that the 50th will garner so they have to nip it in the bud.

We need to unite and plan on prevailing.

Dawn

ps Has anyone even asked Debra Conway why she made her original statement?
I don't think anyone understood what was really happening at that time.

In fact until I wrote the article and saw those infomercials during the football game, not until then did I realize just how big this was. And, with help from Joe Backes, I linked it in with Belo and Segura from the restoration project.

Belo is the parent company to the DMN--Hugh Aynesworth's mouthpiece.

I talked about my piece on Len's show:

http://www.blackopradio.com/archives2012.html

Go to the 12 minute mark
It seems that some assumptions are being made, but I don't know where the original decisions were ever made. I refer to the apparent focus on the DPlaza and its CONTESTATION.

Now I do not here mean to suggest that it not be contested. THe question is how. In many ways they have created a caricature of THEMSELEVES. What we need to do is point out the best strategic way of pointing this out. It really shows the corporate privatization of space, airwave and history. Easy comparisons to Potemkin Russia and the USSR are screaming out for use. We have to use them wisely.

Should we allow the contestation of the narrative to become SOLELY a physical one in Dallas. IMO, that is putting far too many eggs in one basket, building up too much for a performance like atmosphere that could easily by TILTED by people trained to do so.

I think we need to a strategic internet and possible other media campaign to reach mass audiences with the truth about the assassination and also point out the absurdity of the Potemkin village history being written by these Babbit-Historians. It is a 1%, ticketed, finishing school history Let 99 million Plazas bloom?

------------

On another note I think that BOR could play the role of a good HUB for the 50th. By this I mean a place where not merely organizing is done but either Len or Jim could say "hey this is what we are doing this week to build audience, make links, explain the significance of the assassination to wider audiences, make links to non-FB sites , etc." If the hosts did this AS OPPOSED TO AN OCCASIONAL LETTER WRITER, the idea of momentum and hub building could grow. Internet links could be reinforced with wide numbers.

We are up against all corporate media for the 50th. We need to at least build internet hubs, and a plan.
ative

Hello. Do you know what projects are being undertaken to explain the significance of the assassination to new younger generations. So much is done to moat the wider historical significance from them, and turn it into triviality. If the 50th is without this component, it will be a disaster IMO. If it is merely seen as a visual battle in Dallas it will be a crushing defeat. I can already see that they are planning to frame it in terms of "Alex Jones Types" v. "The Left" etc.
While I personally could care less about these labels, it DOES MATTER because it will prevents millions from seeing the history accurately and the implications for today accurately.
Do you know of any people specifically interested in this angle?

To too many of us it seems absurd to NEED to explain the significance. It is absurd, but it is also necessary. This is because most of post WWII history has been entirely exterminated from public consciousness in current, fascist America. There is no sense whatsoever, of the EVOLUTION of the national security state.
If there is not an educational plan, and if the 50th just becomes an all the eggs in one basket One Day Media Event, it will fail dramatically, IMO, because we will be allowing the corporate eye to frame and win. The 50th must involve a massive educational effort to educate NEW People who DO NOT ALREADY UNDERSTAND ITS SIGNIFICANCE. This effort must place the assassination in an arc of post war history that ends in right now and explains it.

Just to provoke discussion about what I mean here, i will say the following, possibly annoying thing on account of I'm good at it:

I cannot understand anyone who can possibly take these current corporate elections , and Obama , the most efficient Republican president in the land right now, seriously. I mean, how can you on the one hand have a coup d'etat be denied from the public as actionable intelligence, and at the same time act like elections 49 years later will change anything at all.
This disconnect amazes me. It is a disservice to uncovering the political truth of the assassinations, because represents a political double life which hides the significance of the assassinations.
The Democratic party has moved right for 49 years in a row. Say it, or you are not helping anything.
Nathaniel, You're correct that the Democrats have moved Reichward since WW2 [but were never very left]. The few members or groupings supporting it that had some aspects of being 'left-leaning' even if on just some issues have been drown out, marginalized, co-opted or shot dead. Yes, the MSM and the Ruling Class see the 50th as a chance for a final consolidation of their [il]legitimacy. They are using all their standard tactics - physical muscling in and taking over an area, using police and political power; trying to completely dominate and delimit the debate; full-spectrum dominance; newsspeak; withholding evidence and information; replacing truth with spectacle; et al. Corporate and Oligarch run fascist America is going to celebrate the extermination [secretly] of the last President who even dared to stand up to them [a little] - by selling/marketing/propagandizing the false cover story of what happened. It has EVERYTHING to do with where Amerika is today and how it is today! That is why I got into the JFK Assassination research...not to solve an interesting and complex mystery and who-done-it, but to change the way America is, was and WILL BE! If not challenged, generally, and on the murder of JFK and the accompanying coup d'etat, Amerika is well, WELL on its way to total unfriendly fascism from its current position of 'friendly' [cloaked/cypto] fascism. I have long posted about occupation by the PEOPLE of DP no matter what the 'officials' want to do or have others not do there on the 50th. Sadly, the Occupy Movement is currently not as strong as it was a year ago.....but perhaps it can rally for that issue. It needs, as you point out, more than just bodies and signs; it needs a coordinated education campaign, likely through physical meeting around the nation, as well as on the internet. It is sad that someone aware and rich [there are a few] has not donated a huge sum of money toward an alternative gathering in Dallas - even if it is somewhere other for talks, music, teach-ins and then a retaking of the Plaza...which [along with America] was stolen from us on 11/22/63 [and other times before and after]. What could be about America is rapidly receding and we will have few better chances to attempt a turn-around than in Dallas and around the Nation on the 50th. Big Money will be putting up big money to make sure whatever we plan will not be seen or heard. It will take some clever planning and a well-organized set of interconnecting activities! Time to start is yesterday.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time-Life and the 50th Jim DiEugenio 1 10,794 15-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  The fact of conspiracy weaponized: the 50th Anniversary Cliff Varnell 0 2,363 01-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Ultimate TV Guide to this years coverage of the 50th - God help us! Marlene Zenker 43 14,808 24-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  AARC Conference: 50th Anniversary of the Warren Report Alan Dale 2 2,422 16-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Upcoming Conferences On 50th of the Big Lies of the WC. Peter Lemkin 5 4,190 14-07-2014, 03:48 PM
  Tomorrow is 50th anniversary of Truman Dulles Clash over WaPost Op Ed. Help spread this Ray McGovern Nathaniel Heidenheimer 4 3,922 22-12-2013, 04:18 PM
  Dealey Plaza UK Commemorates the 50th Annivesary Barry Keane 1 2,311 09-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Dealey Plaza UK Commemorates the 50th Anniversary Barry Keane 0 1,766 24-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Barry Keane
  50th Anniversary Commemorations Barry Keane 1 2,096 22-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Dallas for the 50th? Dawn Meredith 67 20,833 20-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin