Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Explosion Reported at Boston Marathon's Finish Line
Just when you think this story can't get more bizarre or obscene. Of course, a confession before dying.

Happens all the time. So now we have the "boat confession" and the "hospital confession".

Case cosed.

Great piece by Roberts above, just copied and sent it to a bunch of sheeple, I mean friends, doubt it will

garner a response. Liberals are beyond blind when it comes to this administration.

I just do not get it.

This kind of blindness is a choice.

Dawn
Quote:This kind of blindness is a choice.

Yes, indeed. I have friends who have told me that if they listened to me too much or even at all, they don't think they would survive.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
Quote:This kind of blindness is a choice.

Yes, indeed. I have friends who have told me that if they listened to me too much or even at all, they don't think they would survive.

We listen to you, Lauren.

As David says, DPF is the Zone of the Shadow archetype.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Wow, what can I say? I have been out visiting kid clients and came home to a reply re. the Roberts article I sent, from an ex-boyfriend, relevent becasue for five years or more he was part of the Cambridge based group "Assassination Information Bureau". (Harvey Yazijian). He replied to all, I guess to try to get into an argument with me in public. I do not intend to reply. I would not even know where to begin.

Hi, Dawn.

In all due respect, there's a serious amount of bullshit in this piece, particularly about the Marathon bombing. Were the two brothers guilty? What's the evidence? Might it be that the younger brother allegedly confessed? Might it be images taken by some schmuck showing the brothers firing away at cops in Watertown and heaving makeshift bombs? Might it be eyewitnesses/victims who saw these guys at the specific sites of the bombs? Would innocent guys blast away at the cops? The NY Post falsely accused some high-school kid of complicity and he went to authorities and was quickly exonerated. Why didn't the brothers do the same? Moreover, if the brothers were patsies of some kind, why weren't both killed? The authorities could have easily killed the younger brother as well and planted a gun on him. Instead, he was taken alive and will have his day in court. That would be a gross oversight of any cabal.

I completely agree that the younger brother deserves his day in court and his is innocent until proven guilty, but to rail away that these guys are innocent and the state is somehow framing them is dubious at best. Additionally, the brothers did NOT release the guy whose car they hijacked, as Roberts asserts. They guy escaped and that was in every news outlet, including interviews with the guy. Roberts isn't getting even basic, widely-reported facts correctly. He wants to believe that the Marathon bombing was some sinister state cover-up, so nothing will discourage him from believing so. It's all about critical thinking. You parroted Alex Jones' remarkable bullshit that two guys with logos on their caps resembling the logo of some Blackwater-like outfit were really the culprits. After all, there they were at the bombing scene with backpacks and their incriminating caps. What more proof do you need? Tell me, Dawn. Do you think the gunman on the Grassy Knoll was wearing his CIA t-shirt that day? Do you really think covert ops guys brandish whoever they work for on their sleeves as they go into the field? Alex Jones does. Why should he be considered credible?

Moreover, the assertion that the whole event was some kind of ploy to create a police state strains credulity. Were you in the area during this whole event? Was Roberts? I was and it was scary (fortunately, my town was just beyond the security perimeter). There were extremely dangerous killers on the loose and everyone was tense. It got a whole lot tenser after the shooting at MIT. All we knew was there were guys prowling our communities who were armed with guns and bombs and who were very homicidal (they planted their bombs in the midst of children and families, looking them in the eye. That's seriously cold.). Damn straight we were all happy after a handful of underpaid, working-class Watertown cops, some of whom were off duty, risked their lives to bring down one of the brothers and then the cops, almost despite themselves, were able to bring the other one in alive. I grew up in Watertown on Dexter Ave. just a couple of blocks away from Laurel Street until the fourth grade. Watertown wasn't a police state then and I've seen no evidence that it's a police state now. I find it downright creepy that people, often thousands of miles away, chide people who live here for celebrating that the psychos were no longer a threat to them. Downright creepy. I hope this never happens in Austin, but if it does, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I believe in best evidence. I certainly have a lot of questions about the whole affair, as do many other people, but the best evidence right now is the brothers did it. Please show me actual, real-world evidence to the contrary.

Finally, Roberts asks, "Why did Homeland Security purchase a billion or more rounds of ammunition? Why does Homeland Security have 2,700 tanks and a para-military force?" I know right-wing talk radio has been spreading this claim about Homeland Security buying ammunition. Please show me any evidence whatsoever that it's actually truethat Homeland Security indeed bought an inordinate amount of ammunition. I'm talking about actual evidence that would satisfy an attorney. Do so and I'll stop thinking this is a right-wing/NRA meme that people like Roberts want to believe.

And this claim about Homeland Security having 2,700 tanks, not to mention the paramilitary force? Please show me reasonable evidence that Homeland Security has 2,700 tanks. Where are they? Considering that each tank costs tens of millions of dollars, where did Homeland Security get the bucks to buy 2,700? Any evidence whatsoever, other than some right-wing nut job like an Alex Jones said it's so. Please do so. You sent this email out and you clearly believe it. What convinced you that Homeland Security bought all this ammunition and has 2,700 tanks? Did you accept these claims blindly simply because you want to believe they're true?

I'll stick to critical thinking, evidence-based reasoning, and common sense. That's why I'm diametrically opposed to this country's rabid and paranoid right wing.

I await your reply. I look forward to being informed.

Harvey
This site says only 16 will go to Homeland Security:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/...ored_Tanks
Albert Doyle Wrote:This site says only 16 will go to Homeland Security:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/...ored_Tanks

Sounds like a modified, limited hangout, to me.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Without doubt there has been a huge militarisation of the police in many places around the world. Not just the US. The UK is now getting water cannons to keep the hoi polloi off the streets. Berkley in California has APCs etc to use against university occupying students. Drones for 'crime fighting' are on their way. The MIC is the only 'viable' economy left. Huge amounts of money have been have been poured into it in recent years. Military Keynesism. War on others and war on citizens is now a business model. It is surprising that some one as knowledgeable as your friend cannot see this clearly. Even if the Homeland Security bullets are a right wing conspiracy the rest of it remains fact.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Without doubt there has been a huge militarisation of the police in many places around the world. Not just the US. The UK is now getting water cannons to keep the hoi polloi off the streets. Berkley in California has APCs etc to use against university occupying students. Drones for 'crime fighting' are on their way. The MIC is the only 'viable' economy left. Huge amounts of money have been have been poured into it in recent years. Military Keynesism. War on others and war on citizens is now a business model. It is surprising that some one as knowledgeable as your friend cannot see this clearly. Even if the Homeland Security bullets are a right wing conspiracy the rest of it remains fact.

I did write him a detailed reply just now and will look forward to his response. I hate to say it but back when we were a couple- 75-77 - I sometimes felt that Harv was involved in this because he loved being onstage and
getting paid by colleges around the country. He also utilized his great sense of humor for comic relief. But...even though it was something we "shared", we really didn't. AIB was also quite sexist, save for Carl (Oglesby) and the research director Jim Kostmam. It was a boys club and when we socialized with our significant other it was rather expected that the women would go off and have girl talk while the guys talked about the case.

Then after HSCA Harvey never kept up with any aspect of the case. Only Carl did. Harv and I have remained close friends all these years but it's best if I go along with his liberal Democratic views. Obama is good, Bush is bad. So to read the term "critical thinking" so often in that email made me sad. I have been trying to get him to watch the forty minute talk by Naomi Wolf -The End of America- for over five years now.
I just noticed a one sentence reply asking if "MSM" is the same as MSNBC. Ye gads. Baby steps. :banghead:
Dawn

But I do love the guy. And he can always make me laugh.
I just figured out the why of the new story: which I call the note in the boat.
Younger brother "confesses" in hospital. He is chained to the bed. THAT is custody.
The Miranda issue is finally resolved in his favor, therefore under the Consitution pre Patriot Act, NDAA and the like,
that "confession" should be thrown out. Because it was obtained in violation of Miranda.
Thus the new "voluntary", not the result of custodial interrogation "confession". The note in the boat.
Case closed.
Move along.
Til the next time.
Dawn
Thanks to Jeffrey Orling for pointing this one out

Quote:Ibragim Todashev, Questioned In Connection With Marathon Bombings, Shot And Killed By Police: ReportsBy Benjamin Hart
Posted: 05/22/2013 8:00 am EDT | Updated: 05/22/2013 10:46 am EDT

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4780[/ATTACH]
NBC News reports that an FBI agent shot and killed a man who had been interviewed over ties to April's Boston Marathon bombing.

The individual, identified by friends as 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev, reportedly knew Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the older, deceased Boston suspect through the world of Mixed Martial Arts. He had been initially cooperative with police, according to WESH-TV in Orlando. But at some point during the interview process, he allegedly attacked an officer, who then fired his weapon.

The station quotes a friend of Todashev, Khusn Taramiv, who said he was also interviewed.

"(The FBI) took me and my friend, the suspect that got killed. They were talking to us, both of us, right? And they said they need him for a little more, for a couple more hours, and I left, and they told me they're going to bring him back. They never brought him back," Taramiv said.

Taramiv also said that Todashev "felt inside he was going to get shot" by the FBI.

"We are currently responding to a shooting incident involving an FBI special agent," FBI spokesman Dave Couvertier said in a statement, according to NBC. "The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties. The suspect is deceased."

By KYLE HIGHTOWER
ORLANDO, Fla. A man being questioned by authorities in the Boston bombing probe was fatally shot when he initiated a violent confrontation, FBI officials said Wednesday.

The shooting early Wednesday took place in Orlando, Fla., where an FBI agent along with other law enforcement personnel were interviewing the man, identified as 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev.

In a statement, FBI spokesman Paul Bresson said the FBI agent acted on an imminent threat and shot Todashev.

The FBI agent was transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

An FBI team was dispatched from Washington to review the shooting, a standard step that is taken in such incidents.

Even before his encounter with the FBI, Todashev, a mixed martial arts fighter, had a recent run-in with law enforcement.

He was arrested earlier this month on a charge of aggravated battery after getting into a fight over a parking spot with a 54-year-old man and his 35-year-old son over a parking spot at an Orlando shopping mall. The 35-year-old man was hospitalized with a split upper lip and several teeth knocked out, according to a report from the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"Also by his own admission Todashev was recently a former mixed martial arts fighter," the arresting deputy said in his report. "This skill puts his fighting ability way above that of a normal person."

Todashev was released on $3,500 bond after his May 4 arrest. His attorney, Alain Rivas, didn't immediately respond to a phone inquiry Wednesday.

Police tape blocked off the complex of townhomes near Universal Studios where Todashev was shot.

Jared Morse, who lives in the next building from Todashev's unit, said he had been watching an NBA game when he heard loud bangs that sounded like gunfire.

"It's crazy, especially in this neighborhood," Morse said as he walked his dog. "Nothing like this ever happens here."

The spin presented is that the victim, being a mixed martial arts practitioner, was inherently dangerous and the poor wee FBI special agent had to shoot him to defend himself - and he obviously was, in any case, a highly dangerous man because of his aggravated assault in a parking lot with a 54 year old man and his 35 year old son.

All very convenient.

The news report does;t say where, exactly, the "interview" took place, which may be a relevant omission?

Attached Files
.jpg   s-IBRAGIM-TODASHEV-large.jpg (Size: 11.46 KB / Downloads: 1)
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Explosion and building collapse in Manhattan Magda Hassan 1 3,259 12-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Lockdown USA: Lessons From the Boston Marathon Manhunt David Guyatt 0 2,807 19-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Volgograd explosion Magda Hassan 8 5,986 01-01-2014, 09:23 AM
  The CIA Handler to the Boston Bombing? David Guyatt 5 6,233 30-05-2013, 10:15 AM
  A large explosion has damaged a building in the centre of the Czech capital Prague. David Guyatt 5 4,618 29-04-2013, 04:12 PM
  Boston Bernice Moore 1 3,355 15-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Officer Died at Explosion of Nuclear Object in Romania Magda Hassan 3 5,216 14-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Minor explosion in Davos hotel, nobody hurt Magda Hassan 1 2,796 28-01-2011, 12:16 PM