Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Familiar Faces in Dealey Plaza
The photos in THE MAN ON THE GRASSY KNOLL are better than the second of these two and the one in the religious pamphlet--where he apparently underwent a conversion experience after the assassination, which was being celebrated by this missionary foundation--is the spitting image of "Frenchie". He became a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and was honored for rescuing a wounded North Vietnamese officer, as I recall, which was probably a unique event in the history of the war. This is one of those times when I wish I could find research materials in boxes that have remained unopened since we moved to Madison from Duluth in 2006. It would be wonderful if anyone else here on the forum has the pamphlet to which I refer. This is a very interesting case, even though I do not believe that Rogers was one of the shooters.
DR.JIM i will get the book out tomorrow and have a look..at the photos..as far as the pamphlet i have never seen such posted or i would more than likely have snaggled it..I am of no help in that regard..perhaps jack has it but perhaps also in a box..many need larger homes or additions just for..what we gather and secretarys to know where everything is..:alberteinstein:.HA...B...

i only have one more photo :vroam:that i have found...

Attached Files
.jpg   moore_charles rogers 1.jpg (Size: 12.68 KB / Downloads: 8)
It is such an unusual story. I think he received the Distinguished Flying Cross for his courage. The site was under intense fire and he volunteered to make the attempt to rescue the wounded officer. Maybe a google search would turn up the story. I cannot remember the name he was using at the time. An interesting turn for a man who murdered his parents and cut them into small pieces, trying to flush them down the commode when the police figured out that something was wrong, but he escaped from the house before they could arrest him. As I seem to recall, at this much later stage, he belonged to an evangelical church in Canada, which published the pamphlet that honored him.
Jim...sorry to disagree on Rodgers.

He in NO WAY resembles the dapper handsome Frenchy guy.

But then we don't always agree on everything, do we? You still
think that OJ killed Nicole and Ron.

Warm regards.

Jack
Jim requested that I repost this slide.

Jack

Attached Files
.jpg   repostadams.jpg (Size: 26.27 KB / Downloads: 31)
I agree with Jack about Frenchie not being Rogers. IMO they look nothing alike. In fact, they even seem to be a different nationality, with different skin coloring. I also do not believe Lois Gibson! Frenchie has also been referred to as Mentoya, although I can feel that he might have used the same name as Rogers at some time or other. ...which is perhaps possible where the whole idea of him being Rogers came from....just a thought!

In fact, Frenchie looks a whole lot like Michael Paine, although I very much doubt it is him.

As for the older tramp being Chauncey, I am just unable to see it is him. ...yet I am not at all sure either way. I also met Chauncey's daughter (Karyn) and his wife (Mary), in Dallas 2000. In fact, we became friends there. We haven't been in contact for some time, but we are still regarded as friends. Karyn has a very friendly personality. Even those who do not believe her father was that tramp, do like Karyn. Mary has passed on now though. I also listeed to the presentation and viewed the Video that was shown. ...and I was just unable to make a decision about it. I did tell Karyn the truth though and she did seem to understand.

It is like the Man in the TSBD Doorway. It looks like either Oswald or Lovelady and most believe it to be Lovelady. Seems that each time I look at it, I have a different opinion on which one it looks more like. I do not know if that photo has been doctored or not, but that could account for him looking like both of them. Sometimes I also feel that it really doesn't look enough like either one of them.

Then the Conein lookalike as well as the others standing around, that have a great resemblance to sertain named CIA guys. But we are unable to see if it was actually them or not. However, it is just too coincidental to not actually be them.

Just some thoughts!

Dixie
Yes, I've mentioned this point before. We need a fellow-researcher who is also a statistician or actuary. I'm not, but I've taken statistics and just know that from the few hundred people in the Plaza, the changes of SEVERAL [to MANY] of them being look-alikes of well known [to us] operatives [etc.] who'd have good reason to want JFK dead or be sent by those who did - are minuscule to none. This is just one more time when the conspiracy or coincidence question arises. Taken as a whole, the whole look alike question points [bold and underlined] at conspiracy [as does everything else!]. I also believe some of the look alikes had real 'reasons' for being present, others may have been set-up and yet others were there to forever fog the waters - as they have done. FWIW.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Has anyone ever compared the earliest known versions of the photos in which look-alikes can be found with the versions in which they were first noticed?
James H. Fetzer Wrote:Myra, I have addressed the Conein issue in another thread. But I am strongly of the opinion that Lois Gibson was correct in her identifications. If I could only locate it, I have a pamphlet from a missionary organization that shows a photo of Charles Rogers, who apparently served as a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and was involved in an heroic rescue. Those who do not know the book should read THE MAN ON THE GRASSY KNOLL, where I will do a search on amazon.com for more data about it to add here. Apparently, we all agree about Charles Harrelson, where Jack and I disagree, not only about the third tramp--whom he takes to be E. Howard Hunt--but also "Frenchie", where I should think some convergence of opinion ought to be possible. When I organized a symposium at the Lancer Conference in 2000, as I recall, with Chauncey's daughter, Karyn, and his wife, who presented a portfolio of photographs from family albums and, in several cases, overlaid them with photos of the third tramp, Jerry Rose commented that, while he had been convinced in the past that it was E. Howard Hunt, he had now--based upon this presentation--changed his mind and agreed that it was Chauncey Holt. If Jack had been there, possibly he would have also changed his mind. Perhaps someone might be able to track it down and send a link for members to study? The book, THE MAN ON THE GRASSY KNOLL (1992), which is extremely interesting, is by John R. Craig and A. Rogers Phillip. I recommend it highly.

It's been about 15 years since I read The Man on The Grassy Knoll but I was completely convinced by it. It also reads like a novel, a real page turner.
Dixie Dea Wrote:I also met Chauncey's daughter (Karyn) and his wife (Mary), in Dallas 2000. In fact, we became friends there. We haven't been in contact for some time, but we are still regarded as friends. Karyn has a very friendly personality. Even those who do not believe her father was that tramp, do like Karyn. Mary has passed on now though. I also listeed to the presentation and viewed the Video that was shown. ...and I was just unable to make a decision about it. I did tell Karyn the truth though and she did seem to understand.

It is like the Man in the TSBD Doorway. It looks like either Oswald or Lovelady and most believe it to be Lovelady. Seems that each time I look at it, I have a different opinion on which one it looks more like. I do not know if that photo has been doctored or not, but that could account for him looking like both of them. Sometimes I also feel that it really doesn't look enough like either one of them.
------------------
Dixie:

Bob Groden has id'd a witness who claims she spoke with LHO (Harvey? probably. Lee?)- and that he was getting change when the shots were fired. Jim names him in his talk at this first post. Bob Groden also mentioned her at COPA but only in response to my question re the same.
I emailed with Karyn for months many years back and she and her family were convinced of her dad's story. Still looks like E Howard to me, but I am no photo expert.
Dawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Valkyrie at Dealey Plaza Bill Kelly 96 122,172 21-07-2019, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Plaza Man: Bob Groden vs the city of Dallas Jim DiEugenio 35 67,873 07-08-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Don Roberdeau's incredible Dealey Plaza map Myra Bronstein 9 91,259 11-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Dealey Plaza UK 2017 Seminar Programme Barry Keane 0 2,998 21-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Barry Keane
  Dealey Plaza UK 2017 Seminar Barry Keane 0 3,239 04-03-2017, 07:07 PM
  Dealey Plaza UK Barry Keane 0 2,671 02-03-2017, 08:05 PM
  The Dealey Plaza Test Nick Lombardi 17 15,854 15-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Dealey Plaza UK Commemorates the 53rd anniversary of the death of JFK Barry Keane 0 2,882 20-11-2016, 04:27 PM
  Dealey Plaza September 18 2016 Albert Doyle 39 18,273 27-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Tom Bowden
  From The Dealey Plaza UK Archive Barry Keane 3 3,913 10-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle