Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Familiar Faces in Dealey Plaza
One need look no farther than this thread's vituperative exchanges on the "familiar faces" theme to appreciate how the pursuits of such relatively insignificant chimere within the larger quests for truth and justice serve the agendas of the killers of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
James H. Fetzer Wrote:I have examined Jack's comparisons and, in my opinion, he is wrong in his conclusion.Well, since you deny being an expert on these matters, while Jack clearly is, I don't get it. Jack not only has superior competence for making these judgments but has offered proof that Adams and Mainman are not the same. I find non-responsive sarcasm to be reliable indicator of deceit and deception. I invite everyone to make up their minds for themselves. The evidence is clear.

Dr. Fetzer, because he disagrees with yourself and Jack does not make him deceptive. Please do not call forum members derogatory names. This behavior may be tolerated on other sites but not here. Arguments must be devoid of such behavior. Name calling should be seen as beneath us. It demeans the poster, and weakens the argument.
Dawn

I concur entirely Dawn. What is often tolerable elsewhere is not acceptable here. Our rules are very clear on this point (see: http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=58), and the reason for these inhibitions are also well known and quite obvious.

Civilized behaviour and language is an absolute requirement even when parties vehemently disagree.

This injunction applies to all members at all times.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
I appreciate propriety, but in my universe, an impolite truth trumps a polite falsehood. If we can't see through a case as simple as this one, there is no chance of figuring out what happened to JFK.
Better still... a polite truth trumps a polite falsehood and completely trumps an impolite one.

This applies to those who may not be entirely familiar with the minutiae of the argument but are non-the-less interested onlookers on the subject - and who are also long enough in the tooth to have seen countless bloody feuds take hold because of a few ill chosen words used in the heat of the moment.

Passion for the subject is entirely commendable, but it sadly and often has a way of being nudged aside by the beast of lesser nobility.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
I've already told Myra, Magda, and Peter (on the other thread) that I will try to do better. I'm a bit stunned by this emphasis on propriety. If I don't meet your expectations, then I will welcome the boot! By all means, enjoy your tea and crumpets! Some of us still want to figure out what happened to JFK. I don't mean to insult you, but there is more concern over my tone than there is for the fraud being perpetrated before your very eyes! I really don't need this.
James H. Fetzer Wrote:I've already told Myra, Magda, and Peter (on the other thread) that I will try to do better. I'm a bit stunned by this emphasis on propriety. If I don't meet your expectations, then I will welcome the boot! By all means, enjoy your tea and crumpets! Some of us still want to figure out what happened to JFK. I don't mean to insult you, but there is more concern over my tone than there is for the fraud being perpetrated before your very eyes! I really don't need this.

My cover is blown. I'm a provocateur. I'm a fraud.

This is silly. Beyond that, when luminaries of the JFK-research community behave like this, we are all diminished.

Is it possible to close these threads so that we may all move on?
Allan Eaglesham Wrote:
James H. Fetzer Wrote:I've already told Myra, Magda, and Peter (on the other thread) that I will try to do better. I'm a bit stunned by this emphasis on propriety. If I don't meet your expectations, then I will welcome the boot! By all means, enjoy your tea and crumpets! Some of us still want to figure out what happened to JFK. I don't mean to insult you, but there is more concern over my tone than there is for the fraud being perpetrated before your very eyes! I really don't need this.

This is silly. Beyond that, when luminaries of the JFK-research community behave like this, we are all diminished.

With all due respect Allan, I don't think a thread should be closed because it has become off topic. The solution is to move on, and allow posters to continue the conversation regarding the possible identity of people in Dealey Plaza. No one here thinks you are a fraud. The only way arguments end is by ending them. Someone has to refuse to frespond further.
Dawn
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Allan Eaglesham Wrote:

With all due respect Allan, I don't think a thread should be closed because it has become off topic. The solution is to move on, and allow posters to continue the conversation regarding the possible identity of people in Dealey Plaza. No one here thinks you are a fraud. The only way arguments end is by ending them. Someone has to refuse to respond further.
Dawn

Dawn:

Thank you. Point taken.

Allan
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Allan Eaglesham Wrote:

With all due respect Allan, I don't think a thread should be closed because it has become off topic. The solution is to move on, and allow posters to continue the conversation regarding the possible identity of people in Dealey Plaza. No one here thinks you are a fraud. The only way arguments end is by ending them. Someone has to refuse to frespond further.
Dawn

I agree. Let's not lock it. I don't want to look like we're stiffling discussion.

Jim, I really appreciate that fact that you're thinking about what we've said. And I appreciate your posts to that effect on the other thread. I think we've reached the point of diminishing returns wherein further debate on the same points will only undo some of our progress. I didn't meant to have two active threads on this and I don't want to seem like we're piling on.

Allan, I know I've already said that I'm impressed with your restraint.

So I'll just ask that everyone put this on ice for a little while and focus on other topics. I'm really pleased, and impressed, with the discussion we've already had.

When I first looked at Allan Eaglesham's page on "Lucien Conein look-alike was not Conein," my first impression was, "Yes, Allan's right, it's Adams, not Conein." First impressions are usually right. Each man had a reason to be at Dealey Plaza so that's a wash, and the framed newspaper pic on the Adams' family wall of a family member's presence at an historic event is an entirely understandable point of pride (not a "plaque," so stipulated). Looking around for additional photos of Conein, a 1981 video convinces me it wasn't Conein in the Altgen photo, if only because Conein never did develop that extreme "peninsula" prow of hair Adams had, with such a receding hair line on either side. So now will advocates of Conein in the Altgen photo argue Men's Hair Club changed Conein's forehead appearance (!?).
http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/org.wg...b1123abc7d

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Valkyrie at Dealey Plaza Bill Kelly 96 122,114 21-07-2019, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Plaza Man: Bob Groden vs the city of Dallas Jim DiEugenio 35 67,820 07-08-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Don Roberdeau's incredible Dealey Plaza map Myra Bronstein 9 91,254 11-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Dealey Plaza UK 2017 Seminar Programme Barry Keane 0 2,996 21-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Barry Keane
  Dealey Plaza UK 2017 Seminar Barry Keane 0 3,235 04-03-2017, 07:07 PM
  Dealey Plaza UK Barry Keane 0 2,669 02-03-2017, 08:05 PM
  The Dealey Plaza Test Nick Lombardi 17 15,830 15-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Dealey Plaza UK Commemorates the 53rd anniversary of the death of JFK Barry Keane 0 2,880 20-11-2016, 04:27 PM
  Dealey Plaza September 18 2016 Albert Doyle 39 18,262 27-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Tom Bowden
  From The Dealey Plaza UK Archive Barry Keane 3 3,913 10-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle