Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dartmouth Study of Backyard Photo supposedly confirms authenticity
Quote: If the BYP were faked, that's really evidence of post-assassination forgery, presumably by over-zealous law enforcement (ahem... unless you can prove that there were faked BYP before the assassination).

Consider this Drew...

The BYP negatives and prints were either brought to Irving by Rose and/or Stovall... on the 22nd and left there to be found, or on the 23rd , also to be found

or

The BYP negs and images were already there to be found...

In either case the images and negatives were created prior to the assassination - let's remember that Michael sees these images Friday night and Oswald is asked about them 4 hours before they are brought to the DPD.
(it is these two items of info that leads me to believe they were already made and ready to be left as evidence against the patsy - that and there would little time to CREATE these images in the Reflex camera that night or weekend. For this to work the Reflex had to be used to take the final composite image, along with the creation of the negative. I don't see how that gets done in the timeframe)

Rose brings in two negatives, prints are made, the negs are given back and ???? where did they go and what happened to one of them by the time of the HSCA?

Mr. BALL. Did you find some pictures?
Mr. ROSE. Yes; I found two negatives first that showed Lee Oswald holding a rifle in his hand, wearing a pistol at his hip, and right with those negatives I found a d[B]eveloped picture[/B]--I don't know what you call it, but anyway apicture that had been developed from the negative of him holding this rifle, and Detective McCabe was standing there and he found the other picture--of Oswald holding the rifle.

"a" picture... not "pictures".

Does it not strike anyone a bit strange that one order from March and another from January (diff products from diff vendors) arrive so close together that the only weekend the photos could have been taken is March 30, 1963.

Mr. RANKIN. Do you recall the day that you took the picture of him with the rifle and the pistol?
Mrs. OSWALD. I think that that was towards the end of February, possibly the beginning of March. I can't say exactly. Because I didn't attach any significance to it at the time. That was the only time I took any pictures.
I don't know how to take pictures. He gave me a camera and asked me someone should ask me how to photograph, I don't know.

Interesting... by the time of her testimony one would think she knows (as Ruth did on her calendar) when the rifle arrived... as for the pistol?

Mr. RANKIN. Do you recall when he first had the pistol, that you remember?
Mrs. OSWALD. He had that on Neely Street, but I think that he acquired the rifle before he acquired the pistol. The pistol I saw twice once in his room, and the second time when I took these photographs

Oswald claims to have purchased the pistol 7 months prior. (I am trying to finish the pistol article asap...lol)

7 months prior to Nov 22 coincides pretty well with his leaving Texas for New Orleans - 7 months earlier on April 24th. "Acquiring the rifle before the pistol" in her mind makes sense.

The photos themselves, the way they are nearly identical and very clear - and Marina's confession about her inexperience and lack of memory of such a unique photo taking experience also leads me to conclude she never took these photos.

There is simple no corroborated evidence that Oswald EVER ordered and/or picked up said rifle... that it was ever delivered to a Dallas Post Office or even part of Kleins' inventory. Same hold true for the pistol.

As I ask elsewhere - how can we discuss a photo of Oswald with a rifle where the only evidence for his owning that rifle is terribly inauthentic and is corroborated by Marina and George D.

For the rifle to be in the garage it had to be transported from New Orlean (4905 Magazine) to Irving - Oswald is seen leaving with two smallish suitcases 18-24" in length. Since I believe he did not go to Mexico but to Dallas, it is possible he took the rifle with him - IF HE EVER GOT IT TO BEGIN WITH... see, same point. He has to have ordered. paid for, picked up and transported this rifle from March until Nov... there is simply no evidence for that.

How many times can a person say no?

Mr. JENNER - Was there a rifle packed in the back of the car?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - You didn't see any kind of weapon?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - Firearm, rifle, pistol, or otherwise?
Mrs. PAINE - No; I saw nothing of that nature.
Mr. JENNER - Did you drive them to your home?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes.
Mr. JENNER - Were the materials and things in your station wagon unpacked and placed in your home?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes; immediately.
Mr. JENNER - Did you see that being done, were you present?
Mrs. PAINE - I helped do it; yes.
Mr. JENNER - Did you see any weapon on that occasion?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - Whether a rifle, pistol or--
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - Or any covering, any package, that looked as though it might have a weapon, pistol, or firearm?
Mrs. PAINE - No.

Mr. JENNER - I 'don't wish to be persistent, but was there anything that you saw about the duffelbags that lead you at that time to even think for an instant that there was anything long, slim and hard like a pole?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - Or a gun, a rifle?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - No? Nothing?
Mrs. PAINE - Nothing. I did not move these bags.
Mr. JENNER - To the extent you saw them is all I am inquiring about. You did not touch them, you did not lift them, but you saw them.
Mrs. PAINE - I did.
Mr. JENNER - There appeared--the entire circumference of these bags which you could see was smooth?
Mrs. PAINE - Well, smooth, bumpy, but irregular.
Mr. JENNER - But no stick, no hard surface. Now, what about the diameter of these bags, these duffelbags, what would you say it was?
Mrs. PAINE - About like this, 15, 18, 20 inches across.

Representative BOGGS - Did you see the rifle that he had in the room in your home?
Mrs. PAINE - In the garage, no.
Representative BOGGS - In the garage, you never saw one?
Mrs. PAINE - I never saw that rifle at all until the police showed it to me in the station on the 22d of November.
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter

Messages In This Thread
Dartmouth Study of Backyard Photo supposedly confirms authenticity - by David Josephs - 20-10-2015, 11:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 436 22-09-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Another Look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 436 15-09-2023, 10:11 AM
  Another look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part II Gil Jesus 0 445 09-09-2023, 11:56 AM
  Another look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part I Gil Jesus 0 442 04-09-2023, 02:03 PM
  Photo Analysis Skill Test Brian Doyle 7 1,160 26-05-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Kamala Harris: A Study in Showboating Jim DiEugenio 30 16,468 05-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Lho and the backyard photos Bernice Moore 22 20,536 27-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  CIA’s detailed study of the Hitler Plot was to be used against Castro Peter Lemkin 46 48,697 04-07-2018, 04:27 AM
Last Post: Phil Dagosto
  The Selectice Service card photo Drew Phipps 26 22,462 08-08-2016, 05:37 AM
  Interesting new photos and photo analysis of the Plaza Peter Lemkin 0 3,887 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM