Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I call this topic "Standing my Ground"
Quote:James DiEugenio, on 03 Mar 2016 - 2:17 PM, said:

Galbraith is not talking about the assassination, and he was never really all that interested in that.

His father, if you don't know, was John K. Galbraith, who was a key part of JFK's administration.

When, in 1961. everyone in Kennedy's White House wanted him to commit combat troops to Vietnam, JFK declined and only sent advisors. But right around this time, within a few weeks, he sent JKG to Saigon to give him a report and recommendation. JKG came back and told him it had no possibility of success, it was a hopeless quagmire and he should cut his losses.

Kennedy told JKG to meet with McNamara and give him the results of his report. And from then on in, Kennedy had McNamara play the role of the man who wanted us to get out of Vietnam in the internal debates.

This was all disguised, attenuated, neutered afterwards because of LBJ's insistence that it all be changed and covered up by saying he really did not do anything different than Kennedy did, which was a lie and LBJ knew it was a lie. But McNamara went along with it. Until finally he resigned in 1967--after Salinger, Ball, Bundy and McCone all had left.

When John Newman's book, JFK and Vietnam came out, Jamie Galbraith decided to go public with what his father told him about the whole JFK/RSN/JKG triangle which came to fruition in October of 1963 with NSAM 263 and McNamara's reports to the press that the withdrawal program would be beginning soon with a thousand man increment.

Jamie Galbraith made a key contribution to an important book on this subject, James Blight's Virtual JFK. In which, for the first time, a sizable group of historians and scholars--after a two day debate-- decided that Kennedy was going to withdraw from Vietnam. And as Gordon Goldstein later wrote in his fine book Lessons in Disaster,there was no change made in policy after the death of Diem.

IMO, Jamie Galbraith's contribution to this paradigm shift is large.

Quote:Scott Kaiser Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:03 AM Jim, this is partially true, but it was Senator Mansfield who Kennedy sent to Vietnam and who reported back to Kennedy what the Diem brother's were doing with the money the United States gave them, it was during the few months of culmination that plan plots to exit the Diem brother's out of Vietnam

If JKG did go to Vietnam it was in 1961, and that's (if), Mansfield's report was given to the president December 2, 1962, it was his report that Kennedy decided to pull troops out, this was our primary initial argument. I would think that the latter would superseded.

The END!

Messages In This Thread
I call this topic "Standing my Ground" - by Scott Kaiser - 09-03-2016, 09:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AMMUG-1: Azcue says Consulate closes at 2 - so how do DURAN/OSWALD call after 4pm? David Josephs 0 2,469 06-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  The Raleigh Call - Fingerprints of Intelligence Peter Lemkin 1 5,417 19-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  I title this topic "COULD" Scott Kaiser 17 12,276 04-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  North Carolina call still a mystery Tracy Riddle 3 4,854 25-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Standing in an Adversary’s Shoes Ivan De Mey 1 2,248 11-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Chomsky from the Irwin Knoll, Moyer's Truthout with the SS badge: Ground Zero of Left-Gatekeeping. Nathaniel Heidenheimer 0 1,976 22-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  LHO's Raleigh call and LHO at Nags Head ONI base near Raleigh earlier Peter Lemkin 11 8,830 02-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Fort Worth Breaks Ground For Downtown Kennedy Memorial Bernice Moore 1 2,344 05-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  "JFK's own dirty trick" by Mark Feldstein [For Nixon to call Kennedy "a dirty politician" is rich] James H. Fetzer 15 10,836 05-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  A continuing call for service.The Peace Corp Bernice Moore 2 3,531 02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore