Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karen Silkwood: Political murder?
After finishing the book I have to say that it's a certainty that plutonium from Kerr-McGee was being diverted to a foreign country, just as the uranium at NUMEC was.

I won't go into all the details here, but the evidence is very compelling. I strongly recommend Richard Rashke's book, it was a great read.

My conclusion based on the material in the book is that Karen Silkwood---who was wiretapped before her death and under surveillance---was probably murdered by Jim Angleton's Staff D due to the fact that evidence in the FBI's June Mail (highly sensitive material--the highest--FBI's "secret filing system" from that era) indicates Silkwood's wiretaps were related to the NSA, meanwhile Angleton managed the CIA's nuclear diversion program while his Staff D worked with NSA. So Silkwood sticking her nose into an Angleton operation seems to have caused wiretaps that were probably initiated by his office and also had NSA fingerprints on them according to one of Rashke's FBI sources. He looked in the FBI's June Mail at the Silkwood files and said that the wiretaps possessed an "NSA code word" (or words to that effect). All of this makes me think back to Lisa Pease's great essay on Angleton and Staff D in the book 'The Assassinations', which I can't recommend enough.

Another possibility is that Angleton or someone else in the IC notified the intelligence services of Iran (SAVAK) or Israel (MOSSAD) (whichever country the K-M plutonium was going to) that Silkwood was about to provide the NY Times with evidence of plutonium theft, and they murdered her.

I suspect Angleton. I believe that had DCI Colby been aware of this (and he certainly would have been in a position to find out) it would have contributed to his already growing resentment for Angleton and his people running wild. I believe that the assassination of an American citizen on U.S. soil that resulted in incredible media attention would have probably made Colby furious. Colby was by no means lily-white, but this smacks of something that he probably would have thought 'crossed the line' while Angleton probably would have thought it was something completely warranted. What would JJA think about Silkwood--"She's a union communist and could expose one of my operations" -- what would JJA do? We know the answer to that.

Just my speculation based upon what the book says.

--Richard
email: rbooth@protonmail.com
My OKC articles: https://medium.com/@rboothokc
My OKC video clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLZ5LDp...hvlmET4OxQ
My OKC documents: https://libertarianinstitute.org/okc/
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
--Winston Churchill

Messages In This Thread
Karen Silkwood: Political murder? - by Richard Booth - 12-10-2019, 01:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jimi Hendrix Murder - 40 years ago - The 'Experience'! Peter Lemkin 114 91,603 22-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Russian ambassador murder: a controlled assassin? Richard Coleman 12 54,633 27-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Chavez's bodyguard - recruited by the US before or after Chavez's murder? Paul Rigby 2 5,814 15-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Interview of author of new book on "suicide" of political artist Mark Lombardi on Who What Why. Kara Dellacioppa 11 20,074 09-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  A Room She Never Slept In: The Murder Of Dorothy Kilgallen Tracy Riddle 0 3,949 25-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Murder of Robert Serro Magda Hassan 0 3,403 02-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The Murder of Marine Col James Sabow Tosh Plumlee 23 26,222 10-09-2014, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  MI5 link to 1984 murder of anti-nuclear campaigner? Jan Klimkowski 4 7,609 18-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Murder in Memphis: Classic Out There Podcasts on MLK Ed Jewett 0 2,290 04-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Daily Mirror headline RFK murder and RFK's speech on the death of MLK Bernice Moore 0 3,374 09-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore