Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New [and hopefully only temporary] look of the Forum
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I realize this iteration of the Forum is hours old and the victim of much that has transpired....but I must say I do NOT like the current 'look' of the forum and how it performs, compared to the 'old'. Please work, as you can, to make it look and function as before. I'll be patient, but wanted to put in my two cents, half a farthing and 0.1 Euro. Peter

Lot's of little glitches and configuration issues to sort out, not made any easier by plumping for the latest version of the forum software - there are security and other development issues that dictated the upgrade. Smilies; annoying list of social-networking site links without the corresponding images; that Black triangular question mark in some text; lack of a 'home' button on the nav bar; no 'todays posts' + a whole raft of others.

Not sure it will ever look exactly like the old one but usability, speed and a reasonably aesthetic appearance are clearly what we're aiming for.

Working on it.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
New [and hopefully only temporary] look of the Forum - by Peter Presland - 24-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apologies for the recent forum weirdness. Magda Hassan 2 1,965 23-01-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Moving to new forum software soon. Magda Hassan 0 1,301 23-01-2020, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Forum resumes Magda Hassan 3 49,844 26-12-2017, 07:54 AM
  New NSA cyber spying forum Magda Hassan 0 12,260 04-06-2014, 02:16 PM
  Did I go into a state of `fugue', or was the Forum down for some minutes. Peter Lemkin 5 5,532 29-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Uploading attachments of photos in the new forum software. Magda Hassan 0 3,222 28-12-2010, 11:03 AM
  Is anyone having trouble uploading files to the forum? Myra Bronstein 6 10,166 29-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin