Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Reports
http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/00/parks.tx-inquiry

[[ posted on alt.conspiracy.jfk on Nov.11,'96 by:[email=bhart@(Michael](Michael[/email] Parks) ]]=======================================================================------------------ THE TEXAS INQUIRY - R.I.P. ------------------------The Texas InquiryThe following tidbits came from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:In the 11/26/63 paper, an article appeared titled 'Investigation By Congress and Court of Inquiry Are Proposed, subtitled Dallas Prosecutor Favors One Forum and State Official the Other.START QUOTE Texas officials prepare today to spread the evidence against Lee Harvey Oswald on the public record and make the American people the jury in the case. What forum will be used for this virtual trail after the execution remained in doubt, however. Texas Attorney General Waggoner Carr announced in Washington last night that his top aids, prominent jurist and enforcement organizations would conduct a court of inquiry to examine in detail the assassination of the President and the killing of the accused murderer. Urges Congress Inquiry Dallas County District Attorney Henry Wade made a counterproposal that a congressional committee conduct the inquiry. Wade said he was ready to cooperate with Carr. The district attorney said, however, he thought that a congressional committee would provide "a far better method" of making evidence public. (snip) Wade told reporters that he agreed that the evidence against Oswald should be made public. "The question is what forum we should use," Wade said. "I like the idea of a congressional committee that is nonpartisan and is interested only in getting the facts, not in politics or publicity."(snip) Asked whether his decision to convene a court of inquiry indicated dissatisfaction with the performance of local enforcement officers in the assassination investigation, Carr replied: "I don't accuse anyone of anything." He said, however, that "I don't know that all the questions have been answered."(snip) Asked for comment on the proposal by Carr for a special court of inquiry into the assassination of President Kennedy and his accused killer, Curry said: "We welcome anyone to come in and make an inquiry. "We've got to admit this. We had a breach of security," he said.END QUOTEBy the above statements it would appear that both Carr and Curry had nothing to hide from public scrutiny.We now bounce over to the Dallas Morning News, dated 12/1/63 and the following tidbits:START QUOTE Dallas Backs Johnson Plan To Investigate Dallas legal scholar Dr. Robert Storye, president of Southwestern Legal Foundation, said, "A thorough investigation and report by a commission of such distinguished personnel would do a great deal to satisfy the people of Dallas and the United States, but the people of the world." Storey, former dean of the Southern Methodist University Law School, said, "Such a commission's report after a thorough investigation would go far in eliminating rumors and conjecture."(snip) Wade pledged cooperation from his office to the federal commission. He added, "If they have a court of inquiry, I'll give them my cooperation too." The district attorney noted, however, that most of the evidence collected by his office has been relayed to other law enforcement agencies. "Most of the evidence is in Washington by now." Of the federal commission, Mayor Earle Cabell said, "I think it's a fine idea. I'm personally glad that Atty. Gen. Carr is going to hold a state court of inquiry. "I hope the court of inquiry is held for this reason. It will be almost like a trial held posthumously or in absentia for Oswald. It will be a medium for establishing the chain of facts or evidence." "I think our police work is so excellent that I think the world at large should know that we didn't just hunt for a scapegoat. "With both a court of inquiry and a federal commission at work, findings will be sought so objectively and thoroughly that nobody will be able to call this a witch-hunting situation."END QUOTE Now we move on to 12/3/63 and the Dallas Morning News again.START QUOTE Wade, Attorney Join Carr Probe Atty. Gen. Waggoner Carr announced Monday that Dist. Atty. Henry Wade and Leon Jaworski, a Houston lawyer who participated in the Nuremburg trial, will join him in an investigation of the murder of President Kennedy. Carr said both will team with in questioning witnesses during a court of inquiry. The announcement came after Carr conferred with Gov. John Connally in his Parkland Hospital room and Wade in his office here. Carr said he expects the court of inquiry to begin before Christmas in Dallas or Austin. The attorney general said he will choose between the cities, probably within a week. He said Dallas would prove more convenient to witnesses, but said Austin has other advantages which he declined to discuss. Carr told reporters here he doubts that a fact-finding commission, appointed by President Lyndon Johnson, will hold hearings to get evidence about the assassination of President Kennedy. "It's my understanding the commission will take evidence assembled by the FBI and other agencies and evaluate this evidence and reach conclusions," the attorney general said. Carr went to lengths to describe how his court of inquiry will fit into a 3-pronged study. He was obviously answering criticism that the court of inquiry would duplicate other investigations and that he was "seeking publicity." The attorney general described a report from the FBI to President Johnson as the first prong. (Washington news stories say the President will get the report this week.) The second prong will be the court of inquiry, Carr said. He said it will compile evidence "to get the facts" about the assassination of President Kennedy, the murder of Patrolman J.D. Tippit and the City Hall slaying of Lee Harvey Oswald. Carr described the study by the presidential commission as the third prong. "The commission will have the FBI report and the evidence we compiled," Carr said. The attorney general said he has not set a date for the court of inquiry "since we must await the FBI report." Carr declined to say whether he would subpoena Jack Ruby, the night club owner who shot Oswald after Oswald was accused of murdering President Kennedy. "I will confer with Henry (Wade) about that," Carr said. "I certainly wouldn't want to do anything to interfere with his murder case (against Ruby)." Tom Howard, one of Ruby's lawyers, said Carr and Wade would :violate the rules of fair play" if they tried to force Ruby to testify. Howard declined, however, to say whether Ruby would invoke the Fifth Amendment.END QUOTEWell there you have to straight scoop. We in Texas are going to have our own investigation into the assassination that will work concurrently with the Warren Commission and the FBI. But, the feds could not control the evidence, investigation or lack of, the press and the cover-up with a Texas court of inquiry coming onto the scene. Moreso when Carr was running around telling everybody that Oswald worked for the FBI!!! Hence, 'X' the Texas Court of Inquiry.Michael Parks -------------------------- end --------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 18-05-2011, 10:22 PM
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 18-05-2011, 10:29 PM
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 18-05-2011, 10:38 PM
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 18-05-2011, 10:42 PM
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 18-05-2011, 10:44 PM
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 19-05-2011, 02:27 AM
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 19-05-2011, 02:59 AM
First Reports - by Bernice Moore - 18-07-2011, 01:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thomas Kelley reports Oswald said he did not view parade Richard Gilbride 1 387 26-09-2023, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Reports on or from the Dallas or other Conferences Re: November 22 - 55 years ago!! Peter Lemkin 16 19,910 11-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Don Jeffries
  Clear proof the DP Tramps are not the men in the arrest reports David Josephs 6 3,644 23-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  WCR Appendix VIII - The Parkland Doctors' Medical Reports Bob Prudhomme 24 8,956 12-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Herbert Blenner
  Bill Kelly's reports from the Wecht Conference Bernice Moore 6 6,560 30-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Compilation of assassination films & news reports Marlene Zenker 0 1,689 23-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  we knew, but good to see; proof the fbi lied in their jfk assassination reports Bernice Moore 0 2,728 05-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Some First Reports the Dallas Times Herald 11/23/63 Bernice Moore 12 8,165 25-02-2011, 07:12 AM
  Proof the FBI LIED in their WC Reports Gil Jesus 2 3,855 19-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  New at mary ferrell's arrb hearings, press releases, reports Bernice Moore 0 2,795 08-05-2010, 04:42 AM