Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rich are different — and not in a good way, studies suggest
Well, knock me over with a feather! My life experiences long ago [and continue] to confirm what those studies show. While being rich does seem to make for bad ethics and altruism, in some cases those with low ethical and empathy 'scores' 'gravitate' toward activities that make them rich and other wealthy people support them, as they support their elitist world view. The Planet would be a better place with most of the rich gone and their money and assets more evenly distributed. At the moment, however, the trend is rapidly in the other direction. Class and how class effects people and politics is IMHO the most important issue humans have to deal with. All of the myriad other problems and challenges would be infinitely easier to solve were 99% of the rich gone. I probably just broke some law in the USA saying that. :wirlitzer:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
The rich are different — and not in a good way, studies suggest - by Peter Lemkin - 11-08-2011, 05:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We are being watched... Good show Tosh Plumlee 15 12,246 22-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt