Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFK, the CIA and The New York Times
Peter,

I'm not so sure about any of that. I have been looking for proof that the umbrellas were different, where the HSCA umbrella, I believe, had ten spokes. Did the Dealey Plaza umbrella have twelve? I am also impressed with how he described what he saw at the time of the limo stop. It sounds just right to me--kind of in a rush, with all that chaotic goings on, and stated in a (to me) very convincing fashion. I do not believe this could possibly have been due to coaching, especially when the HSCA was not expecting anything like that and where, had the line of questioning been in pursuit of the truth, it should have caused a sensation. So I am open to further discussion about this but--even though his other testimony was rather vague--I believe that he actually was there. He even said things about the screeching of breaks I've heard of from no other source. That makes him, in this respect, a truly fascinating individual. And he might well not have recollected exactly what he did (which Jim discusses) because it wasn't very important to him at the time, but where the limo stop and all that made a profound impression!

Jim

Peter Lemkin Wrote:Witt doesn't look like TUM, he came with an umbrella that was different. He lied about the position of the umbrella and it obstructing his view...and other anomalies. In adding him to the list of those who saw [and heard] what the Z-film had removed I ask you to consider what I've always thought - that he was not TUM, but was coached by either the real TUM or someone who had had access to the real events...i.e. he was sent to pose as TUM by those who killed JFK. That might still lend credence to some of his statements, but I'd be careful about his being the actual TUM [and his being an eye/ear witness], IMHO.

Messages In This Thread
JFK, the CIA and The New York Times - by James H. Fetzer - 01-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oliver Stone: NY Times Jim DiEugenio 0 2,155 13-07-2020, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Dennis Breo, the NY Times and JFK Jim DiEugenio 0 1,785 20-11-2019, 03:54 PM
  Case Distorted: Posner, Garrison, and the NY Times Jim DiEugenio 0 2,765 12-10-2016, 01:50 AM
  Zapruder grandson named poetry editor of NY Times Joseph McBride 0 2,405 13-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  The Times of London on the CIA revolt against JFK, 1961-1963 Paul Rigby 10 10,316 12-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  JFK assassination: CIA and New York Times are still lying to us Marlene Zenker 0 1,770 12-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  JFK assassination: CIA and New York Times are still lying to us by David Talbot Alan Dale 0 2,741 06-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  New York Times reviews books on JFK, but omits books on the assassination James Norwood 1 2,687 22-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  New book by former NY Times reporter to challenge investigation of JFK assassination Magda Hassan 6 5,403 11-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Albert Rossi
  SEX, DRUGS, AND JFK: The NEW TIMES Interview* Bernice Moore 4 5,280 22-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore