Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revealed: The FBI's Secretive Practice of "Blackballing" Files
Magda Hassan Wrote:Podcast here
Attorney Carl J. Mayer talks about the suit he filed against President Obama for journalist/activist Chris Hedges; Truthout investigative reporter Jason Leopold has proof that the FBI "blackballs" some FOIA requests. Mayer, who also represents PBC in a class action suit challenging the illegal domestic wiretapping, returns to talk about his new suit that calls the "Homeland Battlefield Act" embedded in the NDAA that Obama signed 12/31/11 unconstitutional. The plaintiff is Chris Hedges, former Mideast bureau chief for the New York Times; he has been a strong supporter of the Occupy movement and provides some of its intellectual affirmation. Mayer calls the NDAA "the most cynical act" of the Obama term, deploring Obama's signing statement and various efforts to confuse and mislead us about the true impact of the bill. Mayer details the potential for Hedges, who has been in contact with groups tagged as terrorists, to be held indefinitely without charge in military custody, renditioned to another country, or sent to Guantanamo. This is a very important case, and Mayer may seek an injunction to prevent the new law from taking effect in March.

At 41:19, Leopold joins us to describe how he learned of the FBI's secret "blackballing" policieshe filed a FOIA request for FBI documents on the Occupy movement, and was contacted by history professor Trevor Griffey, who had been sent an FBI powerpoint file that details the secret policywhich appears to violate the FOIA law.
http://peterbcollins.com/2012/01/20/atto...-requests/

This is SO VERY IMPORTANT a case! We must follow it and build support for it. Thanks for posting that, Magda! I'm reposting it on the Occupy website now...!

NB I can't yet find the original article in Truthout....can anyone?!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Revealed: The FBI's Secretive Practice of "Blackballing" Files - by Peter Lemkin - 22-01-2012, 09:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revealed: Murdoch's secret meeting with Mrs Thatcher before he bought The Times Magda Hassan 6 5,289 28-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Transfer of Files on Psychological Operations Ed Jewett 85 30,489 06-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Judge accuses CIA officials of fraud, unseals secret files Magda Hassan 4 5,351 23-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Revealed: police databank on thousands of protesters 0 494 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: